[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

No, it's not unfortunately. It's part of the Kerbal's body model, or at least it was the last time i imported it into my modelling program. To be removed ingame it would need to be a separate model, like the helmet is.

3 hours ago, Stevie_D said:

No, it's not unfortunately. It's part of the Kerbal's body model, or at least it was the last time i imported it into my modelling program. To be removed ingame it would need to be a separate model, like the helmet is.

I just pretend it's this.

el-greco-cuello.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:45 AM, RangeMachine said:

Hey guys! Wanna some reflections?

d25edc42-914a-11e6-983c-2c1d27c4e463.png

Thank you so much for breathing some life back into TR :)

Question though. Does anyone know how to adjust the opacity of the visor? I recall doing this once before but can't recall how. The new reflection however beautiful it is. Also appears to be almost completely solid, so you can't see the Kerbals faces. Not a huge deal just curious if it could be tweaked.

51 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Thank you so much for breathing some life back into TR :)

Question though. Does anyone know how to adjust the opacity of the visor? I recall doing this once before but can't recall how. The new reflection however beautiful it is. Also appears to be almost completely solid, so you can't see the Kerbals faces. Not a huge deal just curious if it could be tweaked.

You have to edit the texture for the faceplate, and make it more transparent.  The texture is EVAvisor.dds usually, but it might vary depending on your suitpack.  You can use Paint.Net to edit .dds files for free if you don't have a more professional graphics editor.

Just now, Cetera said:

You have to edit the texture for the faceplate, and make it more transparent.  The texture is EVAvisor.dds usually, but it might vary depending on your suitpack.  You can use Paint.Net to edit .dds files for free if you don't have a more professional graphics editor.

Thank you my good sir!

27 minutes ago, Leo_G. said:

Any chance you could add one more suit for tourists?  Maybe with a simple smily face or something as a graphic on the helmet?  Also, any plans on an update for 1.2.x so it works with CKAN again?

This mod does not replace any textures on its own.  What you would have to do is design one yourself by using a template,  or ask someone with the knowledge to make you one. Or just find a pack that has a suit you like and set that suit as the default in the texture replacer gui 

41 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This mod does not replace any textures on its own.  What you would have to do is design one yourself by using a template,  or ask someone with the knowledge to make you one. Or just find a pack that has a suit you like and set that suit as the default in the texture replacer gui 

Apologies.  That post was supposed to go to one of the people that made a suit pack (Cetera, I believe).  I must have been in the wrong tab at the time.  But thank you for the reply.

Just now, Leo_G. said:

Apologies.  That post was supposed to go to one of the people that made a suit pack (Cetera, I believe).  I must have been in the wrong tab at the time.  But thank you for the reply.

Tourists can't EVA, so I never spent any time making them anything.  I usually just set them to the game default.

Is anyone else seeing what appears to be the sea (I can see the wave motion pushing across them when the cubemap updates) occupying rectangular sections of the visor render. It's in the upper center, far left and right as well as top right of the visor in this image.

w86ciqB.png

At first I thought that this might be a conflict with Stock Visual Enhancements, but after pulling that from my Gamedata folder I still these sections of the sea in the visor.

I'm using the 2.5.0 version of Texture Replacer.

On 15.10.2016 at 1:04 PM, Stevie_D said:

Hmm, but a possible to put transparent texture on this body part? and add a small decoration "props" on neck?

With ver.2.5.0 of TR (game ver.1.2) I've got no or totally transparent visors on starting screen:  

Spoiler

zNmOpHXKYeKywOU7WVkntIIbaZkx_eXKrxgeQ4tCHz2uw5OO2-3FND_guB4u3fHA1L0nFid6IrEKJWCO

And when I press "Static" button in TR config window, it switches to "NONE".
Am I doing something wrong (I use pack of textures from my old 1.0.5 install) or something wrong with mod itself? Real reflections in the game themself work fine...

12 hours ago, Warro said:

With ver.2.5.0 of TR (game ver.1.2) I've got no or totally transparent visors on starting screen:  

Hide contents

zNmOpHXKYeKywOU7WVkntIIbaZkx_eXKrxgeQ4tCHz2uw5OO2-3FND_guB4u3fHA1L0nFid6IrEKJWCO

And when I press "Static" button in TR config window, it switches to "NONE".
Am I doing something wrong (I use pack of textures from my old 1.0.5 install) or something wrong with mod itself? Real reflections in the game themself work fine...

Forget about main menu, visor texture there not applying. Do you have textures in EnvMap folder?

9 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

Forget about main menu, visor texture there not applying.....

This is limitation of current TR version or what? If I remember correctly, there were visors in the past versions...

10 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

... Do you have textures in EnvMap folder?

This textures? Or do I need others?

--PlLSb3CZo4cwjZ1ukMJEtMpDwNSOwZN1em2GUr

42 minutes ago, Warro said:

This is limitation of current TR version or what? If I remember correctly, there were visors in the past versions...

This textures? Or do I need others?

--PlLSb3CZo4cwjZ1ukMJEtMpDwNSOwZN1em2GUr

UPDATE: Static reflections fixed. 

P. S. EnvMap textures must not be DDS format. Use PNG or any other you like.

Edited by RangeMachine

I'm trying to install the Deep Star Map Skybox from @Poodmund through CKAN, and CKAN is not allowing me to install it 'cause the skybox replaces the GalaxyTex textures from the default TextureReplacer folder.

Is there a way for me to install the Skybox through CKAN (maybe force the installation)? Or do i have to manually install the skybox?

I apologize if this have been asked before but after 1 hour googling and searching the forums for a solution i decided that was better to ask....

58 minutes ago, Muji-k said:

I'm trying to install the Deep Star Map Skybox from @Poodmund through CKAN, and CKAN is not allowing me to install it 'cause the skybox replaces the GalaxyTex textures from the default TextureReplacer folder.

Is there a way for me to install the Skybox through CKAN (maybe force the installation)? Or do i have to manually install the skybox?

I apologize if this have been asked before but after 1 hour googling and searching the forums for a solution i decided that was better to ask....

I had never used CKAN, so i dont know how it works. If you can download textures archive and place GalaxyTex_* into TextureReplacer/Default folder.

1 hour ago, Muji-k said:

I think the best way to go about this is for the CKAN guys to somehow split the default textures out into a 'config-like' download where when you select to install Texture Replacer, it asks you then what Skybox you want to download. I'll bring it up with them and see what they think.

I'm sure this didn't used to happen though, has Texture Replacer started to bundle a different Skybox in the download?

Edited by Poodmund