Jump to content

[1.8-1.11] TextureReplacer 4.4 (4.4.2020)


Recommended Posts

@Galileo

I tested this version with the DLC a couple weeks ago, and there are two big issues.

One, it only works on the old style suits, not the new MH suits.

Two, and much more important, it left hundreds... possibly thousands, I didn't count.... of errors in my log file, which is never good. 

I would NOT recommend using it until it's been updated.

Edited by Just Jim
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, some personal remarks have been removed. Please remember that mod makers are unpaid volunteers and are under no obligation to work at a schedule which pleases you. On the other hand, if you see a post which you believe is a problem, please just hit the report button on it rather than replying. Replies just prolong arguments and contribute to the off-topic clutter others must click past to get to the content of the thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

@Galileo

I tested this version with the DLC a couple weeks ago, and there are two big issues.

One, it only works on the old style suits, not the new MH suits.

Two, and much more important, it left hundreds... possibly thousands, I didn't count.... of errors in my log file, which is never good. 

I would NOT recommend using it until it's been updated.

I wasn’t implying that it worked and my response was never about that, I just get mad when people refuse to do something for themselves, and expect it to be done for them. Especially something as simple as testing a dumb mod. To say “do it for me so I don’t mess up my computer, but you can mess up yours”, is selfish and to call someone a name because they chose not to help was icing on the cake and triggered my response. 

Btw OPM is ready and I’m prepping a release... just give it a couple hours. I have to get my daughter in bed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I wasn’t implying that it worked and my response was never about that, I just get mad when people refuse to do something for themselves, and expect it to be done for them. Especially something as simple as testing a dumb mod. To say “do it for me so I don’t mess up my computer, but you can mess up yours”, is selfish and to call someone a name because they chose not to help was icing on the cake and triggered my response. 

I totally understand and agree with your response... :wink:

I just wanted to let you know I already found some bugs in this T/R version, just in case. Wasn't really sure if you used it yourself or not.

 

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Btw OPM is ready and I’m prepping a release... just give it a couple hours. I have to get my daughter in bed.

Thank you!!!!!  I owe you one big-time!!! 

I'll download it first thing tomorrow!  :D

Edited by Just Jim
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

My Kerbals have pink where their visors are supposed to be. I am using Astronomer's visual Pack + Scatterer.

In general, you'll need to provide more information when you ask for help - KSP and mod versions, mod list, game logs, etc.

I may be wrong but I believe that the combination of AVP and Scatterer is causing your problem.  Also, consider using Texture Replacer Replaced (TRR) instead of this mod.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 3.1 has been released. It has all KSP 1.1+ specific issues fixed except visor reflections. The latter require a custom shader I currently don't have time to develop (a lot has changed in Unity since I last compiled the visor shader and I also forgot most of that craft ...). 3.x releases also include a lot of code refactoring and reogranisation that was happening on devel branch during the last two years. Although not publicly active I have been privately maintaining TR, occasionally when I played KSP now nad then.

Heads directory has been renamed to Skins and reorganised so it now works the same way as Suits. Ie. each head in its own directory and textures names are the same as internally used in KSP. Hence, female heads are derived from texture names rather than using configuration files. The head texture is not the only Kerbal-specific texture, KSC crew also has a separate texture for arms, so that's the reason for renaming the directory to Skins, if I (or someone else) eventually implement personalisation of KSC Kerbals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. To replace the icons, not Kerbals in the game? I don't think that's possible with TR, UI textures cannot be replaced the same way as 3D model textures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reflections work in TR 3.1, but not for visors. I haven't merged RangeMachine's changes (yet). Honestly, I don't know how to compile Unity asset files, I never done that before, and I don't even have Unity installed right now ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, SVlad said:

It's just me or CKAN really still shows Texture Replacer v2.7.0 ?

You're right. TR has already been added to CKAN by RangeMachine (his fork), so that's probably the reason why my 3.1 update wasn't accepted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shaw said:

You're right. TR has already been added to CKAN by RangeMachine (his fork), so that's probably the reason why my 3.1 update wasn't accepted.

So would it be fixed or Texture Replacer would be renamed? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For some strange reason, some of my kerbal modifications reset back to unset/generic on loading in a save, or occasionally just going back to the KSC. Here's a fresh save, for example:

https://imgur.com/ov9l2C8

Yuri Kerman here is set to have the Clean Shaven head and the KCNVeteranPilot suit. For some reason; however, every time I load to the KSC, he reverts to the picture shown. Valentina and Victor also have this problem, but none of the other Kerbonauts (including the default options down the bottom) are affected. Any idea what's causing it?

Here's a copy of my TextureReplacer folder in case something's wrong with it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lIbOwd37C9cqvi0zrXLTs0YdaNgdTQq3

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 5:47 PM, shaw said:

You're right. TR has already been added to CKAN by RangeMachine (his fork), so that's probably the reason why my 3.1 update wasn't accepted.

I don't think your request was received; I don't see it in a search:

Maybe a glitch with SpaceDock?

On 4/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, shaw said:

I haven't merged RangeMachine's changes (yet). Honestly, I don't know how to compile Unity asset files, I never done that before, and I don't even have Unity installed right now ...

Do you expect that users currently using the RangeMachine branch would be able to upgrade to your branch smoothly? Since that's the current version in CKAN, it would be good not to lose fixes from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...