Jump to content

[1.8-1.11] TextureReplacer 4.4 (4.4.2020)


Recommended Posts

@shawTo add to the above, say I want to do it old school and change the suits at main menu in TR menu. If I place in the VET folder from Omega482 download, with or without EVAvisor.dds. All Kerbals will be showing set at VET. These are screenshots from a brand new save, without me changing anything.

lcDNrYa.jpg

qncVq00.jpg

l3BbaQI.jpg

So I don't get the opportunity to set just my veteran Kerbals to the orange VET suits. Same thing happens if I create that Folder in Suits just for the EVAvisor.dds, which doesn't belong there in first place.

Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites

@shawI found one more thing, when using KIS and EVA suit is on and I right click on Kerbal, go into Inventory and remove helmet, it works fine on males, but females can't remove their helmets. I also did a test before on your 3.4 Dev version and still has the issue.

You can also poke around my log files, I use KSPDev_LogConsole_v0.21:

My logs

LOL, OK I am done messing around TR mod and testing it for one day. :/

Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 4:41 PM, Electrocutor said:

@shaw Could you provide me a list of the material names and texture names for all the kerbal parts on the vintage suits? I can create a ModuleManager cfg that will make it look like Gemini/Mercury with the shiny/reflective surface using the new 1.5 shader.

Set logKerbalHierarchy = true in Custom.cfg (or @Default.cfg), launch KSP and then check KSP.log. If you want to replace textures, just use the standard names (see README), it will work.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:08 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

is it png or dds for the visor texture 

and its still named EVAvisor and goes in the default folder right?

 

got it all sorted now thanks for the help appreciate it. 

Yes, it's still EVAvisor. Preferably DDS (DXT5 compression with mipmaps).

2 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

@shawI took Omega482 EVAvisor.dds from his Class Color suits above this thread, I put it in the Default folder but when I am in game it doesn't work at all, but if I put the one file in Suits and create a folder in there, then the EVAvisor.dds works in game on all suits. 

I also was playing around with Omega482 Orange Suit only on a separate save and attach it to Vets with this code:

	TextureReplacer
{  
  GenericKerbals
  {
    excludedSuits = whiteSuite_diffuse
  }
  CustomKerbals
  {
    Jebediah Kerman     = whiteSuite_diffuse
    Bill Kerman     = whiteSuite_diffuse
    Bob Kerman     = whiteSuite_diffuse
    Valentina Kerman = whiteSuite_diffuse
  }  
}
	

It was acting a little weird.

The first token must be head, suit follows: Jebediah Kerban = GENERIC whiteSuite_diffuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

@shawTo add to the above, say I want to do it old school and change the suits at main menu in TR menu. If I place in the VET folder from Omega482 download, with or without EVAvisor.dds. All Kerbals will be showing set at VET. These are screenshots from a brand new save, without me changing anything.

lcDNrYa.jpg

qncVq00.jpg

l3BbaQI.jpg

So I don't get the opportunity to set just my veteran Kerbals to the orange VET suits. Same thing happens if I create that Folder in Suits just for the EVAvisor.dds, which doesn't belong there in first place.

That's the correct behaviour because there's only one suit available for randomisation. Set all non-veteran Kerbals' suits to "Default".

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shaw said:

That's the correct behaviour because there's only one suit available for randomisation. Set all non-veteran Kerbals' suits to "Default".

So the code using GenericKerbals and CustomKerbals, I had above wont work then? I set it  = GENERIC whiteSuite_diffuse in the cfg file and I put in, it didn't work. Well like it use to, before 1.5 KSP.

Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaw said:

Set logKerbalHierarchy = true in Custom.cfg (or @Default.cfg), launch KSP and then check KSP.log. If you want to replace textures, just use the standard names (see README), it will work.

This does not include material names. In order to apply the shiny shader, I need to add a default PartVariant to the EVA part that sets the shiny shader, which requires the material name.

If you don't have a list somewhere, that is fine, I will just write a program to pull them out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

This does not include material names. In order to apply the shiny shader, I need to add a default PartVariant to the EVA part that sets the shiny shader, which requires the material name.

If you don't have a list somewhere, that is fine, I will just write a program to pull them out.

Fixed in development version.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Omega482, I got a orange suit and tinted visors. 

obLi00E.jpg

i4KOdNC.jpg

I'm using Omega482, VET Suit only, and his Default EVAvisor.dds and not the whiteSuite_diffuse.dds in that Default folder. VET suit goes in Suits folder and EVAvisor.dds goes in Default folder, for those who don't know.

I also made a copy of the EVAvisor.dds, made a folder called Use4Vintage, put the EVAvisor.dds in there, and put the Use4Vintage folder in the Suits folder. The reason for that, is to use that skin when you select a Kerbal to use Vintage in the TR menu, only applies for players whom have the MH DLC. If you don't do that, your suit in-game will have mixed textured and look funny, but still will have tint.

I had to use a MM code to force out regular Kerbals and the 4 vets from randomly picking the orange suit. 

	TextureReplacer
{  
  GenericKerbals
  {
    excludeSuits = whiteSuite_diffuse
  }
  ClassSuits
  {
    Pilot     = DEFAULT
    Engineer  = DEFAULT
    Scientist = DEFAULT
  }
}
	

So what I have to do when I start a new save is in the TR menu, manually select my 4 main Veteran Kerbals, you know who they are, to use the VET suits, which have the orange suit in there. For a Kerbal I set Vintage in the TR menu, I make sure to select the folder I made called, Use4Vintage with the EVAvisor.dds. 

Shown in screenshot here.

If you guys do all this you should have your stock Kerbal suits, orange vet suits and vintage suits all with a tint on them and looking great.

***Also I have SVE and Scatterer installed, so my visuals may vary.

 

Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites

i was able to get all that going but how did you get your visors so dark. 

mine are lightly tinted at best. hehe

used to the blackout with reflections we used to have. 

are the stock textures compiled in with their dll or something? 

I know that materials are embedded in the models but this has been different. in the past and you just needed to create a new texture like what omega did. thanks for that man by the way. 

but cant seem to get them back to blackout hehe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

i was able to get all that going but how did you get your visors so dark. 

mine are lightly tinted at best. hehe

used to the blackout with reflections we used to have. 

are the stock textures compiled in with their dll or something? 

I know that materials are embedded in the models but this has been different. in the past and you just needed to create a new texture like what omega did. thanks for that man by the way. 

but cant seem to get them back to blackout hehe. 

I couldn't tell you. I pulled out my 3 visual mods to see it they were creating the dark tint, nothing. I have SVE, Scatterer, and Planetshine. I am using TR 3.4, the DEV versions. The females in 3.3 don't tint right, they will be plain black, no shine for me. The Dev version is right above my post.

I know, I love the dark tint too. I thought I was going to get the light gold color. I viewed the .dds in Gimp and it shows gold. It has to be some visual effect. 

Could be my KSP settings or my PC Hardware and settings or could be some little mod I overlooked. 

I know squad added in some minor glass reflections on the visors. 

I was almost 100% sure it was Scatterer.

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

i was able to get all that going but how did you get your visors so dark. 

mine are lightly tinted at best. hehe

used to the blackout with reflections we used to have. 

are the stock textures compiled in with their dll or something? 

I know that materials are embedded in the models but this has been different. in the past and you just needed to create a new texture like what omega did. thanks for that man by the way. 

but cant seem to get them back to blackout hehe. 

Here is a list of my mods, taken from my CKAN save, for easy listing here: plus KAS Beta

{
    "kind": "metapackage",
    "abstract": "A list of modules installed on the auto KSP instance",
    "name": "installed-auto",
    "license": "unknown",
    "version": "2018.10.22.11.07.51",
    "identifier": "installed-auto",
    "spec_version": "v1.6",
    "recommends": [
        {
            "name": "AlternateResourcePanel"
        },
        {
            "name": "Chatterer"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
        },
        {
            "name": "Toolbar"
        },
        {
            "name": "TriggerAu-Flags"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalEngineerRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "MissingHistory"
        },
        {
            "name": "JanitorsCloset"
        },
        {
            "name": "SCANsat"
        },
        {
            "name": "TacFuelBalancer"
        },
        {
            "name": "MechJeb2"
        },
        {
            "name": "FuseBoxContinued"
        },
        {
            "name": "KIS"
        },
        {
            "name": "notes"
        },
        {
            "name": "WaypointManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "EasyVesselSwitch"
        },
        {
            "name": "ShipManifest"
        },
        {
            "name": "ChattererExtended"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "HyperEdit"
        },
        {
            "name": "TransferWindowPlanner"
        },
        {
            "name": "PreciseManeuver"
        },
        {
            "name": "Trajectories"
        },
        {
            "name": "IndicatorLights"
        },
        {
            "name": "ResonantOrbitCalculator"
        },
        {
            "name": "HaystackReContinued"
        },
        {
            "name": "ToolbarController"
        },
        {
            "name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
        },
        {
            "name": "DockingPortSoundFX"
        },
        {
            "name": "USI-LS"
        },
        {
            "name": "USITools"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityCategoryKit"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityResourcePack"
        },
        {
            "name": "PlanetShine-Config-Default"
        },
        {
            "name": "RealPlume-StockConfigs"
        },
        {
            "name": "GravityTurnContinued"
        },
        {
            "name": "surfacelights"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityTraitIcons"
        },
        {
            "name": "AtmosphereAutopilot"
        },
        {
            "name": "StageRecovery"
        },
        {
            "name": "TooManyOrbits"
        },
        {
            "name": "FinalFrontier"
        },
        {
            "name": "ActionGroupManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
        },
        {
            "name": "StockVisualEnhancements"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer-sunflare"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer-config"
        },
        {
            "name": "SmokeScreen"
        },
        {
            "name": "AviationLights"
        },
        {
            "name": "RCSBuildAidCont"
        },
        {
            "name": "PlanetShine"
        },
        {
            "name": "DMagicOrbitalScience"
        },
        {
            "name": "MechJebForAll"
        },
        {
            "name": "DockRotate"
        },
        {
            "name": "RealPlume"
        },
        {
            "name": "SVE-MediumResolution"
        },
        {
            "name": "AllYAll"
        },
        {
            "name": "DockingPortAlignmentIndicator"
        },
        {
            "name": "TextureReplacer"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer"
        }
    ]
}
Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites

okay thanks.

I think ive got it now. i've got a new jpg texture for it and it seems to be working. Kinda wound up with a sort of black mirror now. so looks like going in the right direction now.

Still cant seem to get the guys on the startup screens wearing it though.

yeah im running all the usual suspects as well. sve, svt, scatterer, eve and about 130 other mods hehe. 

finally got this running again as well. i have it in a file named zzzzMyParts.cfg it will add a radio to your eva kerbal. range is only 2500.

figure i would throw this out there since you guys have been helpin me all day getting this going so again thanks alot for the help.

Spoiler

@PART[kerbalEVA*]
{
vesselType = Probe
    MODULE
        {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.08
        }
        }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.5
        packetSize = 12
        packetResourceCost = 0.125
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 2500
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = 0.1
        packetCeiling = 12
    }

    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 1500
        maxAmount = 1500
    }
}
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]]:Final
{    
@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
 {
  @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
 }
}

 

Edited by COL.R.Neville
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

okay thanks.

I think ive got it now. i've got a new jpg texture for it and it seems to be working. Kinda wound up with a sort of black mirror now. so looks like going in the right direction now.

Still cant seem to get the guys on the startup screens wearing it though.

yeah im running all the usual suspects as well. sve, svt, scatterer, eve and about 130 other mods hehe. 

finally got this running again as well. i have it in a file named zzzzMyParts.cfg it will add a radio to your eva kerbal. range is only 2500.

figure i would throw this out there since you guys have been helpin me all day getting this going so again thanks alot for the help.

  Reveal hidden contents

@PART[kerbalEVA*]
{
vesselType = Probe
    MODULE
        {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.08
        }
        }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.5
        packetSize = 12
        packetResourceCost = 0.125
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 2500
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = 0.1
        packetCeiling = 12
    }

    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 1500
        maxAmount = 1500
    }
}
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]]:Final
{    
@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
 {
  @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
 }
}

 

Thing is I might not even use the orange suit. I have a feeling Squad will release a orange one of their own. I am hoping it is that Red-Orange one we see on the loading screen. 

All I want is the tint on visors. I would love a mod that could toggle that, to simulate pulling the shades down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, theJesuit said:

@shaw  

also does the helmet removal .

Peace.

No, this is EVA helmet removal, I was talking about IVA helmet removal, while Kerbals are INSIDE a capsule. TR used to automatically hide helmets when a vessel was landed or in a stable orbit. Of course this only had affect for capsules that didn't hide helmets by default.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shaw said:

No, this is EVA helmet removal, I was talking about IVA helmet removal, while Kerbals are INSIDE a capsule. TR used to automatically hide helmets when a vessel was landed or in a stable orbit. Of course this only had affect for capsules that didn't hide helmets by default.

I think I totally got the wrong end of the stick.  My apologies :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 9:47 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

okay thanks.

I think ive got it now. i've got a new jpg texture for it and it seems to be working. Kinda wound up with a sort of black mirror now. so looks like going in the right direction now.

Still cant seem to get the guys on the startup screens wearing it though.

yeah im running all the usual suspects as well. sve, svt, scatterer, eve and about 130 other mods hehe. 

finally got this running again as well. i have it in a file named zzzzMyParts.cfg it will add a radio to your eva kerbal. range is only 2500.

figure i would throw this out there since you guys have been helpin me all day getting this going so again thanks alot for the help.

  Reveal hidden contents

@PART[kerbalEVA*]
{
vesselType = Probe
    MODULE
        {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.08
        }
        }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.5
        packetSize = 12
        packetResourceCost = 0.125
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 2500
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = 0.1
        packetCeiling = 12
    }

    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 1500
        maxAmount = 1500
    }
}
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]]:Final
{    
@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
 {
  @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
 }
}

 

@COL.R.NevilleI found what was going on, there are two tints in the download. The dark ones are in the Vets folder. So if you want all the Kerbal EVA suits to use them, use the EVAvisor.dds from VET folder and replace it with the others. I must of got lucky since I only used the VET. I guess he wanted to BA Vets to have some cool tints, lol. The other ones have the yellow tint.

https://spacedock.info/mod/1986/[1.5] *New* Class color suits for Texture replacer

 

Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for a TOS uniform set that was around back in 1.0-1.2 days.  I found the posts back in 2015 in this thread, problem is the links are dead.  Does anyone with better search-fu than me know where to find TOS suits that will work with the current TR?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@shaw, It looks like Valentina's head changed in v3.3. It bulges at the top. Also, she won't take the default skin.

Please click to see image on Imgur
On the left is Valentina in TR v3.2. The male heads are invisible. On the right is Valentina in TR v3.3 after the male heads were fixed.
Edited by KraterKreator
Imgur link gave error
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...