Jump to content

[1.8-1.11] TextureReplacer 4.4 (4.4.2020)


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Oh no, I just recognized that the visor is pink again.

I use the Class Color Suits by Omega482 and replaced the EVAvisor.dds by the one from the VET folder.

Launching with -force-glcore and using latest dev of TU.

I was able to fix that issue with the last TR (KSP 1.4.x) by using that unofficial visor fix shader from TRR ...

I found this in the log:

Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob
 
(Filename:  Line: 533)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - All passes removed
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Setting to default shader.
ExpansionsLoader: Expansions loaded in 0.616s
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

 

I guess this doesn't happen if you omit -force-glcore?

13 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

I find now if I use a suit and put it in Suits or even EVAvisor, if placed in Default or in a folder in Suits, I have to use this code to force them to use Default suits. I can't even use half the code. Some how the Kerbals will randomly still pick a suit I didn't allow them to use. It wasn't like that in the old TR in 1.4.5

 

	TextureReplacer
{  
  GenericKerbals
  {
    excludeSuits = whiteSuite_diffuse
  }
  ClassSuits
  {
    Pilot     = DEFAULT
    Engineer  = DEFAULT
    Scientist = DEFAULT
  }
}
	

 

This are a little different now in 1.5 with the suit changes. Squad only uses one file for the suits now. 

I don't understand what you want to tell here. Do you actually have a suit named `whiteSuite_diffuse` or is this a mistake? It's the name of the default EVA suit TEXTURE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaw said:

I guess this doesn't happen if you omit -force-glcore?

I don't understand what you want to tell here. Do you actually have a suit named `whiteSuite_diffuse` or is this a mistake? It's the name of the default EVA suit TEXTURE.

It was when I was using Omegas suits, I put in the VET Orange suit. I need to remove it, but I leave it in so maybe I when I use another custom suit.

When I was using that orange suit and put in Suits folder, if I just used the Class suit code, the Kerbals still randomly picked the orange suit. I had to use both. I could not use one or the other in the code. It wasn't always like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After I moved a Kerbal to another crewable part (using SM / CLS) the appearance in the Kerbal view bottom right changed.
Like the skin changed to default.

After a scene change and loading the vessel again the skin is okay then...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

After I moved a Kerbal to another crewable part (using SM / CLS) the appearance in the Kerbal view bottom right changed.
Like the skin changed to default.

After a scene change and loading the vessel again the skin is okay then...

It's because SM doesn't re-instantiate internal spaces on change, like stock behaviour. I'm afraid there's no clean way to fix this in TR, and I'm not going back to old, frame-based hacks that were in use in early versions of TR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

It also happens. But you know, I use mods - so at least one incompatible one will be there.

You mean if I disable SM crew transfer in SM settings? Just tested it yesterday. At first, it still used SM transfers despite disabling them in SM settings. Only after I also unchecked override stock transfers and restarted KSP it reverted back to stock transfers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 1:46 AM, CraterJumper said:

Klassic kolored Suits.

Hi everybody,

first thank's to Omega482 for his suits, his *.dds files allowed me to color some.

If someone like, here there are : https://spacedock.info/mod/1988/Klassic colored suits for KSP 1.5

 

 

 

5

Hey, @CraterJumper

You're in breach of the licence terms that I distributed the textures with. I distributed the pack under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). This allows the downloader to remix, transform, or build upon the material (which you have) but only if you give appropriate credit, list the changes that you have made and distribute under the same licence!

You have distributed your version under the MIT licence, That gives anyone "the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell" Which is not what I intended with the original release. 

Please amend these issues. Please change the licence, list the changes and include proper attribution.

Edited by Omega482
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Omega482 said:

Hey, @CraterJumper

You're in breach of the licence terms that I distributed the textures with. I distributed the pack under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). This allows the downloader to remix, transform, or build upon the material (which you have) but only if you give appropriate credit, list the changes that you have made and distribute under the same licence!

You have distributed your version under the MIT licence, That gives anyone "the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell" Which is not what I intended with the original release. 

Please amend these issues. Please change the licence, list the changes and include proper attribution. 

Done, @Omega482, done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2015 at 7:02 AM, shaw said:
      Skins/[<subDir>/]<skin>/eyeballLeft    // Left eyeball
      Skins/[<subDir>/]<skin>/eyeballRight   // Right eyeball
      Skins/[<subDir>/]<skin>/pupilLeft      // Left pupil
      Skins/[<subDir>/]<skin>/pupilRight     // Right pupil

What are the sizes of the eye textures?

I was doing some testing with 1024x1024 textures and it seems that only 1024x512 (the bottom half of a 1024x1024 square) gets mapped to the eyeball. Haven't quite figures out how the pupil works yet but it seems to use an even smaller piece of the texture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 3:29 AM, CaptKordite said:

What are the sizes of the eye textures?

I was doing some testing with 1024x1024 textures and it seems that only 1024x512 (the bottom half of a 1024x1024 square) gets mapped to the eyeball. Haven't quite figures out how the pupil works yet but it seems to use an even smaller piece of the texture.

Probably texture mapping is missing or is wrong (probably hard or impossible to fix this -- eyes were obviously not meant to be textured). I only tested it with 1x1 textures to apply uniform colours to eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shaw said:

probably hard or impossible to fix this -- eyes were obviously not meant to be textured

I think I've figured out the eyeball.

45774506941_330af9df3b_m_d.jpg

In a 1024x1024 texture, the "pupil" of the eye is the bottom of the texture and the rim of the eye is pretty much along the center of the texture. I haven't tried using an actual 1024x512 texture to see how that works. For the left eye, the top of the eye is 3/4 of the way horizontally. I think the right eye is mirrored. The 1024x512 texture holds all the detail when mapped, even though you can't see it in this picture.

The pupil is tougher to figure out. I created a checkerboard texture of alternating black and white squares but when it gets mapped to the pupil it comes out as black and almost black squares. I suspect it's mapped much like the eyeball but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...