[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Hey @shaw! Back before 1.11 came out I used to add a custom, super-reflective EVA visor (just a plain black .PNG called "EVAvisor" saved in the default folder) with TR, but now I was wondering if anything needed to be done differently for that visor "texture" to only apply on the new, retractable EVA visor for 1.11?

• 4 weeks later...

@Emilius73 The new visor texture is called Visor_D. It's not too difficult to get if you know how to extract KSP assets, and custom ones work with Texture Replacer. All you need to do to make reflections show up on the plated visor and not the clear one is to make the clear side almost entirely transparent. If you want to make a custom one it's a 1024x2048 texture file. I can send you the one I'm using if you'd like.

@Jim Lovell Kerman you're going to need to provide more information. KSP version, Texture Replacer version, what texture packs you may or may not be using, etc. It's a weird little bug, but it also looks like the IVA camera might be placed inside the Kerbal's head. Either way, Shaw can't help you if you don't give him more to work with.

If you're using the latest version of Texture Replacer you may need to enable the "personalized suits" option in the Space Center menu. I'm not 100% on whether or not the latest release is backwards compatible, but that might part of the problem.

last i remember this mod was incompatible with some texture packs in the newer versions of ksp. I dont want to back track into older buggier versions just to have a texture replacer pack work.

does anyone have a list of what packs work with the current 1.11.0 build of the mod?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

unknown.png

Jeb's suit looks like this, and the red valves on his arms are supposed to be on his chest. Like this: unknown.png

Anyone have any idea why Jeb's suit looks like that, and not like this ^^^? It's really confusing and annoying me, and I'd appreciate some help. Thanks!

On 7/31/2021 at 7:57 PM, DaBaby Kerman said:

Anyone have any idea why Jeb's suit looks like that, and not like this ^^^? It's really confusing and annoying me, and I'd appreciate some help. Thanks!

@DaBaby Kerman maybe has to do with the fact that .dds textures are flipped and rotavated or flipped and mirrored (IIRC rotate cw 180° and mirrored vertically - I can never remember which)... 

That also looks like the dds file for the pre 1.5 Kerbal model. If you're still running a pre-1.5 version of KSP then you should be fine if you flip the DDS file vertically, but if you're running a more recent version of the game it won't map to the model correctly.

I'm having a strange issue with Texture Replacer since 1.12. The suit selection for the 4 starters get 'corrupted', in that it shows parts of all the various textures.  I have unselected the personalized suits option in TR and have set the suits in the Astro. Complex, SPH & VAB - all to no avail.  If I do a selection then launch, it looks fine. If I restart the game or reload the craft - bang. Doesn't happen with non-starter Kerbals.

Any ideas?

Hi folks!

I'm wanting to copy some of the Kerbals from my previous game to the new one I'm about to start. Sure I can recreate them manually in-game but I was hoping that it might be possible to simply copy data across , name, profession, suit type.. - it's looking to me as though  it's all buried in the .sfs file for a game save, and that it'd probably be easier to just recreate them manually at game start. Is that correct? Or have I missed something?

4 hours ago, Esme said:

Hi folks!

I'm wanting to copy some of the Kerbals from my previous game to the new one I'm about to start. Sure I can recreate them manually in-game but I was hoping that it might be possible to simply copy data across , name, profession, suit type.. - it's looking to me as though  it's all buried in the .sfs file for a game save, and that it'd probably be easier to just recreate them manually at game start. Is that correct? Or have I missed something?

Open persistent.sfs,

navigate to ROSTER{},

Copy the KERBAL{} node containing the kerbal you want over to your new game.

16 hours ago, Esme said:

Hi folks!

I think it should work just fine if you copy them between .sfs files (they are at the end). Just make sure the destination .sfs scenario is fresh, with no missions ever started. If you also want to preserve TR head/suit assignments also copy TRScenario section.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:55 PM, Bombaatu said:

I'm having a strange issue with Texture Replacer since 1.12. The suit selection for the 4 starters get 'corrupted', in that it shows parts of all the various textures.  I have unselected the personalized suits option in TR and have set the suits in the Astro. Complex, SPH & VAB - all to no avail.  If I do a selection then launch, it looks fine. If I restart the game or reload the craft - bang. Doesn't happen with non-starter Kerbals.

Any ideas?

If you use suit personalisation, you should assign suits in the TR UI, not in the stock suit selector UI.  Try to first select the suits and then make additional scene switch (e.g. go to VAB and again to space centre view) before launching. Reverting the flight shouldn't reset the suits now.

15 hours ago, shaw said:

I think it should work just fine if you copy them between .sfs files (they are at the end). Just make sure the destination .sfs scenario is fresh, with no missions ever started. If you also want to preserve TR head/suit assignments also copy TRScenario section.

If you use suit personalisation, you should assign suits in the TR UI, not in the stock suit selector UI.  Try to first select the suits and then make additional scene switch (e.g. go to VAB and again to space centre view) before launching. Reverting the flight shouldn't reset the suits now.

I wasn't using suit personalization; I was choosing the stock suits. This last time, all suits disappeared & Jeb wouldn't show up at all. This happened right after I set his head texture.

Ok - I've narrowed down the break condition that results in scrambled suits. Here are the steps:

• Fresh install of KSP 1.12.2 & add TextureReplacer (I have v4.5.1 installed via CKAN)
  • Start a save; do not change the faces yet.
  • Go into the Astro complex & change the suits away from default for all 4 Kerbals. Use a different suit model so the Kerbal looks different in the list.
  • Create a test ship & put it on the launch pad. EVA (equip helmet if not equipped) & confirm the suit is what you selected.
  • Recover ship. 
  • Go into Astro complex & note all 4 suits look like the default suit. Click on the hanger to bring up the suit menu & you will see it switch to what you had previously selected.
  • Launch another test ship & EVA. Note again the suit looks normal.
  • Go into VAB & select the Crew tab (add a pod if no ship is loaded). Note that 1 or more of the suits in the list of Kerbals AGAIN look like the default.
  • Select a Kerbal showing a 'default' suit. Launch ship & EVA. Note that suit is corrupted. (pics below)

If you instead select a Kerbal whose suit did not appear to revert back & EVA with them, their suit is normal.

Bill, Bob & Jeb are the ones where I see it happening - I have not seen it happen with anyone else.

I have also rolled back to TR v4.5 - same issue.

Rolling back to 4.4 - TR doesn't load at all.

Github issue has been opened: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/issues/20

OS5KPxX.png

8Kwuqg8.png

Edited by Bombaatu

my reflections in the helmet don't seem to work together with the JNSQ mod, anything I'm missing?

oh and i cant get skybox to work together with JNSQ is there some kind of incompatibility?

Edited by Kerdel

On 8/18/2021 at 2:28 AM, Bombaatu said:

Ok - I've narrowed down the break condition that results in scrambled suits. Here are the steps:

• Fresh install of KSP 1.12.2 & add TextureReplacer (I have v4.5.1 installed via CKAN)
  • Start a save; do not change the faces yet.
  • Go into the Astro complex & change the suits away from default for all 4 Kerbals. Use a different suit model so the Kerbal looks different in the list.
  • Create a test ship & put it on the launch pad. EVA (equip helmet if not equipped) & confirm the suit is what you selected.
  • Recover ship. 
  • Go into Astro complex & note all 4 suits look like the default suit. Click on the hanger to bring up the suit menu & you will see it switch to what you had previously selected.
  • Launch another test ship & EVA. Note again the suit looks normal.
  • Go into VAB & select the Crew tab (add a pod if no ship is loaded). Note that 1 or more of the suits in the list of Kerbals AGAIN look like the default.
  • Select a Kerbal showing a 'default' suit. Launch ship & EVA. Note that suit is corrupted. (pics below)

If you instead select a Kerbal whose suit did not appear to revert back & EVA with them, their suit is normal.

Bill, Bob & Jeb are the ones where I see it happening - I have not seen it happen with anyone else.

I have also rolled back to TR v4.5 - same issue.

Rolling back to 4.4 - TR doesn't load at all.

Github issue has been opened: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/issues/20

OS5KPxX.png

8Kwuqg8.png

It usually happens to me on the second time I see the Kerbal - Either: Flight->Space Centre->Flight   or  Flight->Reload->Flight. If that makes sense.

Before starting KSP, open your persistent.sfs

search for:   'hero = True' 

Set it (and all others that = True) to 'False' (the CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is important)

I 'think' this has solved the issue for me on this one particular save.

Because I have so many mods installed and am too lazy to move files around, I also did this in the persistent.sfs:  search 'name = TRScenario' and look at the Kerbals in the list - you should see something like 'Jebediah Kerman = TR/Jebhead.m TR/Jebsuit'. Change 'TR/suit' to 'GENERIC' (this will change the suit assigned by TR)

So... it could be one or both, but I suspect it's the 'hero = True' that is the issue.

You also need to have 'Personalize Suits' turned off in TR window.

Edited by DirtyFace83
stuff

On 3/29/2021 at 5:52 AM, Doc Shaftoe said:

@Emilius73 The new visor texture is called Visor_D. It's not too difficult to get if you know how to extract KSP assets, and custom ones work with Texture Replacer. All you need to do to make reflections show up on the plated visor and not the clear one is to make the clear side almost entirely transparent. If you want to make a custom one it's a 1024x2048 texture file. I can send you the one I'm using if you'd like.

@Doc Shaftoe Sorry to bother you out of nowhere but I am interested in making this work. Could you elaborate on this further and/or send the custom texture file?

@madethisfortheguides Sure, here you go. You should be able to drop that onto your existing Texture Replacer install. It's the custom file I've been using as a default replacer, but you can drop it into your custom suits too if you want different visors. If you have it in the default folder like I do, you can run the TR reflections alongside the Vanilla suit switcher. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.