[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Does anyone know which packs have good looking Visor.pngs? The only oen I found was the orange suit ones, but shifting that to greyscale didn't look that great.

I'm using one from Green Skull Inc. Looks really cool. Does anyone know where to look to fix Val's visor in the opening sequence? It's not a gameplay issue of course, just want to fix it :)

Looks like the UVs for the female kerbal teeth are overlapping the UVs for the base of the ponytail. They don't have no teeth, they just have brown teeth that blend into the rest of the mouth.

I put a little color grid over part of the pony tail and got this:

pSwPuXm.jpgaFfCudf.jpg

Looks like the UVs for the female kerbal teeth are overlapping the UVs for the base of the ponytail. They don't have no teeth, they just have brown teeth that blend into the rest of the mouth.

http://i.imgur.com/pSwPuXm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/aFfCudf.jpg

Another flaw in the female model ... I knew the teeth are just a plain white non-textured mesh by default but I decided to apply the head texture to them anyway so Proot would be able to make teeth texture as he did for the males Kerbals. Obviously that won't be possible.

So I won't mess with the teeth texture in the next version, maybe I'll also keep the stock texture for male teeth, just for consistency.

http://i.imgur.com/pSwPuXm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/aFfCudf.jpg

That's so zef. :D

Hi guys :)

A rather noob question - but how can I access Val's texture? I'm planning on kerbalizing a bunch of my friends (plus myself), but cannot find Val's texture to mess with... Is there any way I can extract it from Squad's folders/files? Ot alternatively, is there any kind soul in here that'd be nice enough to share Val's texture with me? ;)

Hi guys :)

A rather noob question - but how can I access Val's texture? I'm planning on kerbalizing a bunch of my friends (plus myself), but cannot find Val's texture to mess with... Is there any way I can extract it from Squad's folders/files? Ot alternatively, is there any kind soul in here that'd be nice enough to share Val's texture with me? ;)

It'll be in one of the sharedassets files in KSP_Data. You can use Unity Assets Explorer to extract files as DDS.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know which packs have good looking Visor.pngs? The only oen I found was the orange suit ones, but shifting that to greyscale didn't look that great.

Pimp My Kerbals has tons of visors IIRC. Either that or the GreenSkull mega pack.

http://i.imgur.com/4jskh8p.jpg

I devised a solution for female teeth texturing problem. All teeth now use `Default/kerbalHead` texture (or, if missing, the stock `kerbalHead` texture) and are not personalised any more.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9508397/TextureReplacer.dll

Nice one! it's a relief haha as I thought it was me who had ballsed up the teeth, was enjoying my texture tests until Val spread her blackened grin!

So ummm, I keep trying to add suit png to the default folder and no mater what I do they won't take, the EVA suits are still stock white, and the IVA orange.

Did something change between versions?

Edit: Fixed this by deleting the texture cache for ATM.

But now Eva visors are not getting replaced.

Edited by Imca

Is this code still valid:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = GENERIC BS_jeb
Bob Kerman = GENERIC BS_bob
Bill Kerman = GENERIC BS_bill
}
GenericKerbals
{
excludedSuits = BS_jeb,BS_bob,BS_bill
}
}

I saw this code in BioSuits mod and I wanted to tweak it to work for my own files. I wanted it to load the game with the suits I install as default instead of having to set them up. I tried doing this:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
Bob Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
Bill Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
Valentina Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
}
GenericKerbals
{
excludedSuits = Orange_Suit
}
}

That didn't work and my suits weren't set as default. Then I tried this for default.

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
Bob Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
Bill Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
Valentina Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
}
GenericKerbals
{
}
}

If this code doesn't work its not a big deal, just wondering if or what code is good to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Or does that mean when I hit the Generic button, that specific suit comes up, instead of me having to arrow through the suits?

Is this code still valid:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = GENERIC BS_jeb
Bob Kerman = GENERIC BS_bob
Bill Kerman = GENERIC BS_bill
}
GenericKerbals
{
excludedSuits = BS_jeb,BS_bob,BS_bill
}
}

I saw this code in BioSuits mod and I wanted to tweak it to work for my own files. I wanted it to load the game with the suits I install as default instead of having to set them up. I tried doing this:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
Bob Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
Bill Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
Valentina Kerman = GENERIC Orange_Suit
}
GenericKerbals
{
}
}

That didn't work and my suits weren't set as default. Then I tried this for default.

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
Bob Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
Bill Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
Valentina Kerman = DEFAULT Orange_Suit
}
GenericKerbals
{
}
}

If this code doesn't work its not a big deal, just wondering if or what code is good to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Or does that mean when I hit the Generic button, that specific suit comes up, instead of me having to arrow through the suits?

You must put M/F before the head/suit setting. Besides that "CustomKerbals" is now set in the game GUI, configuration file only provides default mapping for new games. Generic button means the class suit is assigned or, if missing, a random one.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed after much experimentation, either the normal map has to be the same size as the texture.

Or the texture is case sensitive.

Everything is case-sensitive on all OSes. Texture size doesn't need to match.