[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 9/20/2016 at 6:13 AM, RangeMachine said:

Please tell me that accurate, real-time visor reflections are working. 

The latest 1.1 version either: have a solid color as the visor, be visually glitchy, or (worst case), i disable visors all together due to them being unappealing without reflections

Edited by StickyScissors

Hi awesome Mod makers!

There is a new mod Planetary Domes, where the promo video includes the domes on Eve and Duna and shows the kerbals running around inside the domes with their helmets off.  This was one with camera and config editing quackery. 

In thinking about this further, would it be possible to add some function to Texture Replacer with the helmet off in nonbreathable atmosphere or airless moons in certain conditions like in a cargo bay with the the doors closed? Perhaps using something similar to the stock occlusion rules.

Peace.

Hello everyone. You may have noticed that TextureReplacer hasn't been officially updated for a while now. I could be wrong in my assumptions, but I'm worried about what's going to happen with TextureReplacer in the future, and this concerns me as WindowShine is very dependent on the reflection plugin and format that it includes. As a note of progress though, I have been able to acquire new shaders for WindowShine that would fix part highlighting and cabin light issues:

Spoiler

These new shaders should fix everything currently wrong with part highlighting and cabin lights. However, I don't know how to code and I don't know any modders who would be willing to add them for me. I have the shaders available and I am happy to distribute them to someone if they have the time to make a new reflection plugin for WindowShine. If you did this, you would be the co-owner of WindowShine, as the plugin is truly half of the entire mod (which without it is just a bunch of textures and a config file). @Porkjet  I'll ping you here since you've been very helpful in the past. Thank you so much - WindowShine has been sitting for about 2 months with nothing improved and I would just like to get the ball moving once again.

If anyone here is interested in helping me out, or have any comments or concerns please send a PM my way. Thinking with optimism, thanks.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@RangeMachine I noticed with my planet pack that I am not able to take my helmets off even though there is oxygen present.  I've done everything I can think of but I can't seem to get it to work

Open config file in TextureReplacer dir, and change with lines for your needs.

isHelmetRemovalEnabled = false
isAtmSuitEnabled = false

atmSuitPressure = 50
atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum

If settings are correct and helmets still not working, let me know, I will check it.

Edited by RangeMachine

2 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

Open config file in TextureReplacer dir, and change with lines for your needs.

isHelmetRemovalEnabled = false
isAtmSuitEnabled = false

atmSuitPressure = 50

I did that but maybe I messed up something. I'll double check 

7 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

Works for me fine.

Also check this settings in game GUI. (two bottom toggles)

Yeah all that was set correctly.  Are you using stock planets though?  This what I'm using.  It's a rather large dl so I don't expect you download it just for this

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Yeah all that was set correctly.  Are you using stock planets though?  This what I'm using.  It's a rather large dl so I don't expect you download it just for this

Yes, stock. I don't tried on non-stock planets. Well helmets removal available when pressure > 0.5 (with default) settings and atmosphere contains oxygen. 

Did you add bodies here?

I am using 1.2 now, so i can not check your mod.

5 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

Yes, stock. I don't tried on non-stock planets. Well helmets removal available when pressure > 0.5 (with default) settings and atmosphere contains oxygen. 

Did you add bodies here?

I am using 1.2 now, so i can not check your mod.

Oh!  I see what I did.  I did add names but I used the template name for the planets instead of the actual planet names. I always figured the helmet removal was hard coded to work with only stock planets.  I don't know why I thought that. Thanks knocking the sense into me :)

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, GrapeInvaders said:

The Female Kerbals have a stretched texture... Did I do something wrong? :0.0:

You could post some more info. Are you making your own textures? Are you using someone else's? Do you have screenshots?

On 9/20/2016 at 2:13 PM, RangeMachine said:

So, I've been using the version on the front page for a long time and I not it hasn't had an update for quite some time (last 2 or 3 KSP versions)

Im now going through everything again with the advent of 1.2 and the above has be a little confused. Am I to understand that @RangeMachine has taken over development of the mod and the OP is no longer updated?

3 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I'm getting all my helmets turn black in 1

TextureReplacer hasn't been officially updated in little over 2 months. Version is in the title. Have you tried rangemachines recompile?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

19 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

So, I've been using the version on the front page for a long time and I not it hasn't had an update for quite some time (last 2 or 3 KSP versions)

Im now going through everything again with the advent of 1.2 and the above has be a little confused. Am I to understand that @RangeMachine has taken over development of the mod and the OP is no longer updated?

I am making unoffical builds. I have not seen @shaw since august and i can not speek him about this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.