[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 11/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, miklkit said:

I recently installed Kerbalized Suits and it works well.  This made me look for Kerbalized Heads and I ended up here.  Installed Texture Replacer and it works very well.  The game not only looks better but runs better too.  &)  

The base four Kerbals had corrupted textures until I changed their suits, and all was well after that.  Until the next time I ran this game.  Jeb went to a different suit with corrupted textures.  I change the suit and he changes back at every restart, while the others are all fine.  Any ideas on how to make him stay consistent?

I noticed it too, maybe I'll look into it next week. Just change suit type in the stock menu (texture doesn't matter, just the suit type).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, miklkit said:

I recently installed Kerbalized Suits and it works well.  This made me look for Kerbalized Heads and I ended up here.  Installed Texture Replacer and it works very well.  The game not only looks better but runs better too.  &)  

The base four Kerbals had corrupted textures until I changed their suits, and all was well after that.  Until the next time I ran this game.  Jeb went to a different suit with corrupted textures.  I change the suit and he changes back at every restart, while the others are all fine.  Any ideas on how to make him stay consistent?

Before starting KSP, open your persistent.sfs for each savegame you want to use this on.

search for:   'hero = True' 

Set it (and all others that = True) to 'False' (the CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is important)

It's a workaround, but it works. Just a shame you have to do it for every save until there's an official TR fix

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just now noticed @JadeOfMaar's awesome Skybox.

I kinda want to use them all. And not just his. There are way too many beautiful skyboxes out there. I guess what I'm asking is: Is there a chance we could get an automatic skybox rotation (if it isn't already in there)? Like with Windows background wallpapers, changing the background every x minutes. That'd be sooooo awesome. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,
I need help again, recently I moved from 1.10.1 to 1.11.2, I have a problem with the visor texture previously on 1.10 looked like this
NXYAfSV.png

when I switched to 1.11.2 it looked like thisDj2B08V.png

So I deleted the EVAvisor.dds and kerbalVisor.dds and fixed itosijTca.png

now my problem is how to make it look like in the first picture? If not... oh well it's fine.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:00 PM, mitsvan said:

Hello,
I need help again, recently I moved from 1.10.1 to 1.11.2, I have a problem with the visor texture previously on 1.10 looked like this
NXYAfSV.png

when I switched to 1.11.2 it looked like thisDj2B08V.png

So I deleted the EVAvisor.dds and kerbalVisor.dds and fixed itosijTca.png

now my problem is how to make it look like in the first picture? If not... oh well it's fine.

I'm having the same problem except the whole suit looks like that. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:59 PM, DirtyFace83 said:

Before starting KSP, open your persistent.sfs for each savegame you want to use this on.

Set it (and all others that = True) to 'False' (the CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is important)

It's a workaround, but it works. Just a shame you have to do it for every save until there's an official TR fix

trying this...

WORKED!

(do i have to do it every time I open the save or just once?)

Edited by DaBakonAder

I'm trying to get TextureReplacer to work on an 1.12.3 install but it simply just refuses to switch on. It appears in game, but it never activates. I've tried both the default TR head pack and Benjee10's Head pack but they both don't apply anything to the kerbals.

I've read in another thread that you are also using JNSQ. Are you trying to change the Skybox with TR? JNSQ comes with its own internal TR-skybox already which takes precedency.  It's in "\GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Skybox\DarkSpace". You have to replace the skybox in there. I ran into the same issue ;-)

/edit: Never mind me. I should've completely read your post. The last sentence says that you are trying to replace the heads... Still. It mgiht be connected. Who knows. Have you tried it without JNSQ?

Edited by caipi
should've read the entire post before posting myself -.-'

On 5/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, caipi said:

Have you tried it without JNSQ?

Not yet, I'll try that

Edit: The problem has been fixed, turns out some unrelated mod problem was breaking TextureReplacer. Everything's working now.

Edited by Misguided Kerbal
problem fixed

On 12/7/2021 at 11:59 PM, DirtyFace83 said:

Welp I seem to have a new problem. I've had the suits being weird and stuff problem, so I did this. However, it's decided to not work anymore and even Kerbals who by default are hero = False have the suit mangling. 

Edit: I spoke too early again - I turned off personalise suits and that fixed it. 

Edited by Misguided Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 2:20 PM, An Amongus Sussy Player said:

@shaw(sorry for the ping)
But i have a UI mod's assets, that i want to use to overwrite all UI textures in stock, is it possible?

AFAIK UI textures generally cannot be replaced, because they are not assigned to materials but rendered directly.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to disable the mod from replacing the default Kerbal skins? CKAN installed this as a dependency for a skybox I installed, but I wasn't wanting to change my Kerbals. I looked into the config file and Googled but haven't had any luck finding a way to disable that. Hope you can help :)

11 minutes ago, MAFman said:

Which axis do I rotate it along, horizontal or vertical, or both?

I just realized that was a silly question since you said to un-rotate the image when I'm done editing.

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 1:00 AM, rudemario said:

Hey there!

I was wondering if anyone knew why my Astronomer's Visual Pack clouds aren't fully showing up in my visor's reflection?

25AYDZy.png

Is this a known issue? Would anyone know of any way to fix this?

Thanks!

I've logged into this account for the first time in years to say that I've been encountering this bug for a while now. It makes EVA's from other planets and in low Kerbin orbit a lot less magical when the atmosphere looks that way. Pretty sad to see that it was mentioned here a year ago by multiple people and there's no other talk about it since

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.