[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Doesn't work, here's a screen of the context menu.

http://imgur.com/fGxyxkb

Also have some more mods installed, here's a list.

BDArmory

BoatParts

BurnTogether

Chatterer

DDSLoader

Modular Kolonization System (and dependencies)

KAS

Kethane

Parameciumkid's jump drive

TextureReplacer.

I think it might be either BoatParts or one of the outdated mods. I'll try that.

Which TR do you use? The one distributed together with Green Skull suits is very old and doesn't work with KSP 0.90.

ol5hJ9f.png?1

Tired of sci fi and near future ships with subpar so last century kerbonaut suits? Worried that the complex mechanisms and need for balancing ones own pressure might by overlooked by more zealous kerbonauts? Possibly resulting in katastrophy?

If so have i got a set of stylish and easy to use (mostly functional) suits for your kerbonauts!

Introducing BioSuits MK I

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Overview

These suits were inspired by the various near future and sci fi part mods out there. Primarily B9 for its aesthetic design choice of simple panels and symmetrical style. I chose to use MITs new age suit as a base design for the practical parts of the suit. To use simply combine the TextureReplacment folders from the pack with the one in your KSP folder.

Features

• 6 distinct color variants each with a rough and clean counterpart, the rough versions looks like some wear and tear has occurred
  • Special suits for the Original Three each with a name tag on IVA and EVA suits as well as some special grit and tidbits for each one
  • both IVA and EVA variants for each color

Dependencies

Install these first before moving the folder from the pack into your hierarchy

NOTE: visor reflections will make the helmets look odd

Future Plans

I fully intend to create experience based suits that go from clean to rough and downright worn to death variants. More colors will eventually be made if demand is high enough for them. If possible i would love to get a normal map working with the helmets visor to create a angled effect on parts of it. Eventually i would also like to replace the helmet and jetpack models entirely. For now this is all pie in the sky due to my real life being rather packed. Also i will be finishing up some new head styles !

Special Thanks

B9 Aerospace - It was their art style and approach that prompted me to think i needed more sci fi or near future items in my KSP

Proot - for his texture packRenaissance Compilation: artworks remake that served as both an inspiration and a bit of a guide for mapping out my own work. Some of his bits remain because they work so damned well!

Support

If you like what you see and think its worth its while please donate. This goes a long way to helping me continue to make more designs and expand on the current suits. I will be considering commission designs as well. So if you have a style youd love to see please PM me!

btn_donate_SM.gif

pixel.gif

License

This is all produced under a creative commons license. 88x31.png

Edited by Pentence

I was noticing today that, with real reflections turned on and sitting at the main menu scene, the reflection that is produced on the floating/mun-landed kerbals is that of a white box. I wonder if perhaps there needs to be a scene-specific setting for turning off those real reflections in that specific scene?

Shaw, could you maybe add Kopernicus and KittopiaTech to the list of exceptions regarding unloading? I found that issue after a long search today, that anyone else would best be spared from.

Oh, and thank you for this magnificent mod by the way, screenshots have never been more beautiful!

Real reflections shoudn't work at all in the main menu.

- - - Updated - - -

Shaw, could you maybe add Kopernicus and KittopiaTech to the list of exceptions regarding unloading? I found that issue after a long search today, that anyone else would best be spared from.

Oh, and thank you for this magnificent mod by the way, screenshots have never been more beautiful!

Everything worked for me some time ago with Planet Factory Revived (planet textures were applied through RSS). Have Kopernicus gained a feature that it can change planets' textures lately?

Didn't you already post this? He already had your pack listed in the OP before you reposted it here.

yeah i didnt notice that just yet actually 0.0 . ALAS i reposted with a new uploaded site from curse because the old thread i could no longer edit my post there.

HI! i like the hole part reflections and was wondering if someone could show me how to get this to work for all the new SPP parts that they've added :D ty ..oh yeah is thier a simple way to enable hole part reflections for all parts?

Edited by 00SpaceGhost
the oh yeah part

- - - Updated - - -

Everything worked for me some time ago with Planet Factory Revived (planet textures were applied through RSS). Have Kopernicus gained a feature that it can change planets' textures lately?

Kopernicus can both change normals and textures of planets. KittopiaTech can do the same since quite recently, although my mod only uses it for ring textures. I'd be very happy if you could add exceptions to those two mods in your next version. It would cut down on the bug reports on my end.

Anybody know if there's a plain, white (preferably multi-layered, but single layer will do) set of suits? It would be even better if it came with a wireframe "unwrap" guide like the old Quake 2 texture replacer. I find starting from an essentially blank canvas is the best way to customize something, but I can't seem to find one...

Erm, when I have this mod, my KSP just stops, or freezes, at the loading screen when the bar says it's loading TR.

Any suggestions?

Looks like it runs out of memory. Try DDS textures or ATM.

Anybody know if there's a plain, white (preferably multi-layered, but single layer will do) set of suits? It would be even better if it came with a wireframe "unwrap" guide like the old Quake 2 texture replacer. I find starting from an essentially blank canvas is the best way to customize something, but I can't seem to find one...

Here is a plain white setup I made. Suit, Helmet, and Jetpack. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3llvr5mw67l4zl/AABBWK-osYTFE70OJZnHXLOOa?dl=0

Maybe what you're looking for? Completely bare suit texture. It's as close to a wireframe guide as I've found.

aSpORB0.png

Just installed this today after considering it for like 4 months, and it was the right choice!! My god those real reflections are gorgeous, and what a difference a Skybox can make! Thanks Shaw and anyone else who worked on this!

One piece of feedback: I found the kerbal customizer window a little unclear. I wasn't sure what to click to change things or when something was actually changed, or how to revert them back to default textures. I ended up just deleting all but the suit texture I wanted rather than messing with it.

And a question: How would I get started making alternate planet textures? I looked around my install file a bit for the original textures to work from but I found none. Thanks!

Original planet textures are in the asset files. You'll need a unity asset extractor/editor program. There are a few you could probably find with a generic internet search (google or similar). Some more user friendly than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not, but instead of the old environment map reflections that I used to get, now I get this really fuzzy image of a white square. So, if they're not intended to be "real" reflections on the main menu, then perhaps the main menu scene needs the settings to be overridden to use the old reflection method if any form of reflection is enabled in the configurations for the mod.

It definitely didn't revert back to the stock appearance of the helms, in which there would be no reflection at all.

just a quick shout for aid : anyone know how to safely update from 2.1.2 to current without losing all Final Frontier ribbons?

i delete the old PLUGINS folder and throw in the new one, leaving the rest as they have all my textures. i also delete old config files and replace. is this proper or am i inadvertently scrubbing some data in the process?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.