[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Extract it with Asset Explorer. But it will be the same resolution as it as when you use the "full" settings for texture quality. That's the highest resolution that exists in KSP. Only Squad might have a higher resolution skybox somewhere. Ask them.

Ah thanks! I shall do so. Rep!

I have 2 problems: 1, real reflections still aren't working for me and 2, I'm getting this spammed in my output log:

[TR.TextureReplacer] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.updateScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I do have Vens Revamp 1.7 installed which has the following TR MM config applied to several parts:

@PART[rcsTankRadialLong]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = obj_base tank
}
}

http://i.imgur.com/a67msOw.png?1

EnvMap, Heads and Suits are emtpy

Is anything amiss? Want me to post the full output log (though I did a quick search and everything related to TR was nominal before the above errors)? Pls help, I has a sad :(

Does this TextureReplacer.dll fix your issue?

OK, sounds great, I'll try that. :)

The same thing happens on a vanilla KSP with only TR, while my computer is able to run with full B9 and twenty other mods.

What if you disable mipmap generation, texture compression or unloading (in @Default.cfg)?

Does this TextureReplacer.dll fix your issue?

No errors reported yet, so a hesitant yes. Still no real reflections though.. I'd post a picture, but every time I screenshot, the 'real' reflections (a light blue emissive reflecting Kerbin and its clouds as if I was in high orbit facing towards it) disappear from the visor and my Mk1 pods windows and am left with the same result as what happens when I select None on reflections.. I don't know if it's related to resolution (1366x768, OpenGL borderless window, with a SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE of 2) or what, but yeah.. thanks for the dll though, that appears to have stopped the errors (or at least, the logging of them).

No errors reported yet, so a hesitant yes. Still no real reflections though.. I'd post a picture, but every time I screenshot, the 'real' reflections (a light blue emissive reflecting Kerbin and its clouds as if I was in high orbit facing towards it) disappear from the visor and my Mk1 pods windows and am left with the same result as what happens when I select None on reflections.. I don't know if it's related to resolution (1366x768, OpenGL borderless window, with a SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE of 2) or what, but yeah.. thanks for the dll though, that appears to have stopped the errors (or at least, the logging of them).

Does it happen on DX9? Do you use EVE overhaul?

No EVE overhaul and I assume DX9 is the standard default launch option used when none is specified? If so, then yes, real reflections work, hurray! But I use about 3.3Gb of RAM then and screenshotting crashes the game. So it seems I either use OGL and have to make do with static reflections or have real reflections and crash after 5 minutes. What, remove some mods? Preposterous idea.. :P

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Whatever happened to Scart's suit texture pack that was tech-level dependant?

- - - Updated - - -

My own version of a stockalike suit pack. I didn't realize someone else was already making one, but at any rate, here you go.

Download GregroxMun's Stock Suits

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What does my pack have that's better than that other stockalike pack? My Kerbals have Icons! On the Suits!

I am getting this:

[TR.TextureReplacer] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.updateScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

error here with Ven's revamp version 1.7 and TR 2.2.2, both with the dll you posted and without it.

It seems to affect most of vens parts with reflective surfaces, but does not start immediately upon selecting one in the SPH/VAB, it seems to be triggered by some actions instead. The one above started getting spammed after I put a docking port on a MK1-2 pod and then removed it, not before. Player.log here, errors start at line 44788. OS is linux ubuntu, KSP version is 64bit. And thanks for any help in advance :)

Edit: oh, and reflections do seem to work properly at a glance, so I am not sure *what* exactly it is thats failing.

I love this mod! Here's what I put together for my own game style ... I took the suits from Pentence's Biosuits pack (loved the overall design) but I wanted something more colorful, like the "spacesuits" you'd see in old 1950's golden- and silver-age paperback and pulp covers. So I did a simple colorize in a bunch of primary colors. After experimenting and seeing how they looked on the Mun and Minmus, I decided on these three. They are assigned by crew class: Gold for Pilots, red for Engineers, blue for Scientists, and a gold visor added by tweaking the reflectivity coefficients in the @defaults.cfg file.

screenshot193_zpsqb6fvkvx.png

I am getting this:

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

error here with Ven's revamp version 1.7 and TR 2.2.2, both with the dll you posted and without it.

It seems to affect most of vens parts with reflective surfaces, but does not start immediately upon selecting one in the SPH/VAB, it seems to be triggered by some actions instead. The one above started getting spammed after I put a docking port on a MK1-2 pod and then removed it, not before. Player.log here, errors start at line 44788. OS is linux ubuntu, KSP version is 64bit. And thanks for any help in advance :)

Edit: oh, and reflections do seem to work properly at a glance, so I am not sure *what* exactly it is thats failing.

Fixed in 2.2.3.

Is it me or did you forgot to update your version file? KSP-AVC still bug me to download a new version for some reason. And I triple check that I did replace the whole texture replacer folder with the one downloaded from KerbalStuff.

Edit: Scratch that. The version I got was 2.2.2. Just checked the zip file name again *facepalm*

Edited by RainDreamer

No more issues when deleting a part, but sometimes, when trying to surface attach reflective parts, everything goes weird, and the part starts flickering, and failing to attach...

Thaksfully, it only happens some times.

Also, there is no log spam or anything when the attaching goes weird.

Hope you can fix it! :)

Cheers!

real time reflections are beautiful!

doesn't play well with emissive textures however; there isn't a reflective shader with emissive or transparency properties in Unity. is it possible to add one in TR? with 1/0 option to use uniform reflection strength instead of using Alpha channel, still controlled by "colour=" setting? or set TRReflection to use the Visor shader (if thats what kerbal's are still using)? That way the TRReflection can play with Emissives and TransparentPods.

Edited by nli2work

Are you a space program on a budget? The Bargain Rocket Parts can only go so far in money saving. Well I have the solution! Why pay the huge amount of funding for a fully functional space suit and jetpack when you can have a Crappy Suit for a tenth of the price! *Note, Cardboard jetpack may require some assembly.

Download GregroxMun's CrappySuits Pack (FIXED THE DL LINK)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Jetpack is going to be remade, it's kinda crappy right now. Like, crappy in the bad way.

Edited by GregroxMun

Are you a space program on a budget? The Bargain Rocket Parts can only go so far in money saving. Well I have the solution! Why pay the huge amount of funding for a fully functional space suit and jetpack when you can have a Crappy Suit for a tenth of the price! *Note, Cardboard jetpack may require some assembly.

Download GregroxMun's CrappySuits Pack

http://imgur.com/a/SrYpU

Jetpack is going to be remade, it's kinda crappy right now. Like, crappy in the bad way.

Hah! I love this! Awesome job :)

Ok I don't know what I need to edit in the @default file to get the mirror-like visors (100% real-time reflection, no transparency). I have the "isVisorReflectionEnabled = true" and I've messed around with the visorReflectionColour line but nothing looks like that picture: http://i.imgur.com/ECEyo4Y.png

What am I missing?

reflectionResolution = 512

// Number of frames between reflection updates for a part. Only one face of

// the environment map is updated at once, so 6 updates are necessary for full

// update.

reflectionInterval = 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.