[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Of course there is a tourist class. Check the GUI. But you can't assign multiple suits to tourists. However this can still be achieved by having pilots' engineers' and scientists' suits in "excludedSuits" and don't assign any suit to tourists' class. The rest of the suits is then randomly assigned to tourists.

Can't really check the config file since I'm at work right now. Thanks for the clarification.

Another question, could the same kerbal have parts of different suits? I mean, for instance, my veterans have those orange IVA suits. Simultaneously, could the class definitions give them EVA suits according to their specialty while keeping their unique IVA outfit?

Another question, could the same kerbal have parts of different suits? I mean, for instance, my veterans have those orange IVA suits. Simultaneously, could the class definitions give them EVA suits according to their specialty while keeping their unique IVA outfit?

You'd have to define each combination as its own suit, I think.

You'd have to define each combination as its own suit, I think.

Hmm, yeah. You're right.

As for the Tourist class, it is visible in the GUI, but I'd suggest enabling its handling via .cfg files as well.

Edited by Shadow86

No, it doesn't work like that. `Tourist =` entry is ignored because TR doesn't understand it, so tourists fall back to random suits. Since you haven't excluded your tourist suits from randomisation (via `excludedSuits`), they are probably the only suits used for randomisation, so it appears to work.

how i ganna fix the black atmo i still have this bug :(

Is there a texture pack only for suits? I already changed my kerbals heads and hairs.

Yes, there are. Or you can just use part of a bigger texture pack, if that's what you want. Just go through the texture packs listed on the first page - I personally use J's Specialized Suit Pack - and find one you like, and just ask if you need any help getting it working.

Thanks for the link. I was actually not looking so much for finished product but instead more for a template that I can paint between layers on to create new suits and stuff.

But with that being said...I didn't see yet, has anyone released any variations of the new female kerbal head for val?

Would the suit actually be any different between male and female Kerbals?

Texture Replacer does have a category for female suits if you do want to make any differentiation, but I'm not sure what could be added to females from the texture standpoint. And then there's also the fact that at least in real life, space suits are so bulky men and women look the same in them. Perhaps you could tell the difference in IVA suits, but in the case of kerbals, both genders seem to be quite slender.

Would the suit actually be any different between male and female Kerbals?

not sure about ther suits, but I was thinking more of the heads anyway.

so if anyone knows of a head pack for 1.0 that doesn't just change the males to look female I'd appreciate a link.

Awesome mod, but I just upgraded to 1.0.2 (forced to by steam). Any idea when you might get this working again?

Right now if I install it, this mod just locks up the game in the main base overview screen if you click on any building or try to switch to the planet view.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

WIP Star Trek TOS colored stockalike space suit pack. It's almost done.

EDIT:

I'm almost done. I just realized that it needs to be made a bit more dull to be fitting in with The Original Series. Currently they are too bright.

latest?cb=20051119222234&path-prefix=en

Edited by GregroxMun

Awesome mod, but I just upgraded to 1.0.2 (forced to by steam). Any idea when you might get this working again?

Right now if I install it, this mod just locks up the game in the main base overview screen if you click on any building or try to switch to the planet view.

The mod has been working with 1.0 and 1.0.2 for a while now. The problem you describe may not be entirely related to this.

Star Trek: The Original Series colored Space Suits Pack

Star Trek: The Original Series is perhaps more iconic than TNG, but the only available suit packs that have color-coding have The Next Generation / Voyager / Deep Space Nine coloration, even my own previous stockalike suit pack. This provides the accurate coloration and insignias for the original series in the IVA Suits, and some insignias and coloration on the EVA Suits as well.

For the IVA Suits, the insignias are actually from the Star Trek Reboot, because I thought they would look better than the simple mission-patches. And I was right.

Download at KerbalStuff

LINK TO NEWER VERSION

Edited by GregroxMun

The mod has been working with 1.0 and 1.0.2 for a while now. The problem you describe may not be entirely related to this.

I am running a bunch of other mods (without errors). However; installing this causes my game to lock up after it has fully loaded, deleting the TextureReplacer folder & restarting the game allows it to work again.

CurseForge doesn't list a compatible version for 1.0.2, and even your own change log doesn't show it's actually been updated for 1.0.2. Just because it mostly works in spite of being a 1.0 mod doesn't mean it's fully compatible with 1.0.2.

This is a really great mod though, and I do appreciate you having made it. I just really would like to see it actually updated and working again (with other mods installed as well).

I am running a bunch of other mods (without errors). However; installing this causes my game to lock up after it has fully loaded, deleting the TextureReplacer folder & restarting the game allows it to work again.

CurseForge doesn't list a compatible version for 1.0.2, and even your own change log doesn't show it's actually been updated for 1.0.2. Just because it mostly works in spite of being a 1.0 mod doesn't mean it's fully compatible with 1.0.2.

This is a really great mod though, and I do appreciate you having made it. I just really would like to see it actually updated and working again (with other mods installed as well).

It sounds like TextureReplacer is completely compatible from your report. The problem you're having is that TR plus the rest of your mods is overloading your computer while loading, and that is why it is crashing. This happens if you have too many mods installed too. If you remove the bigger images from TR (or convert everything to .dds) the effect should go away, depending on how close to the limit you're pushing your computer.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

@GregroxMun, shouldn't red be "disposable" or "guy who won't make it back" in line with the Star Trek TOS away team uniforms? :P

You can still set the suit color in the TextureReplacer U.I. At any rate, security shares an insignia and color with Engineers, so just give a pilot an Engineer suit and you've got a redshirt. I'm thinking of making a lower-tier one for newbies that are level 0 astronauts. (Is that possible to specify in the config?)

The current TR is built for KSP 1.0.2, not 1.0.0, it's just that Curse admins are lazy and need about a week to add a new KSP version to the list.

Could you upload your log?

You can still set the suit color in the TextureReplacer U.I. At any rate, security shares an insignia and color with Engineers, so just give a pilot an Engineer suit and you've got a redshirt. I'm thinking of making a lower-tier one for newbies that are level 0 astronauts. (Is that possible to specify in the config?)

I don't know, there's probably a way but I'm not a modder

So playing around with the installs and I was able to get the texturereplacer mod working again by deleting the extras folder. After restarting the game it seems to working correctly again. So that may be where your problem is. And fyi, I have a relatively new gaming rig I built about a year ago. The problem is not with my computer.

I would very much like to upload my log file, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. I do have the link & upload image options, but both of those require a URL where the file is already available online- mine is not. I also tried just dragging & dropping the file to my "go advanced" quick-reply here, but it won't accept it that way either. I went to the FAQ for uploading a file and its directions are misleading as there is no "new post" button here- only the "reply to thread" button which does not have a "manage attachments" option. Is there another less obvious way to upload a file which I can't see by default? Lastly, at the very bottom of the page is says "You may not post attachments". No idea why though as I am logged in, and have no warnings/limitations tied to my account.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.