[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

After putting a grid on a kerbal head texture, I found the white area on the male heads does not seem to be used for the teeth. I don't know what the white area is. The female texture doesn't even have it. Teeth must be another texture some place.

i mostly duplicated configs from parts that worked and then referenced the part name in it E.G.

}@PART[bigtruk]{

%MODULE[TRReflection]

{

%name = TRReflection

%shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse

%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5

%interval = 2

%meshes =

}

and this doesnt seem to have any effect, is it possible that bcause the model spins in a wheel that it wont reflect? (i hope not) but i have tried everything regarding the textures and the configs and it just hasnt worked... driving me nutz!

- - - Updated - - -

on that note, i managed to get the stock wheels to reflect, is there a max polly count for a reflection to work? most of mine are massive poly counts and is there any way to increase this max polly count/split the mesh into beits bellow the max polly count?

Sorry, I don't know what else could be wrong. Polycount shouldn't affect this.

After putting a grid on a kerbal head texture, I found the white area on the male heads does not seem to be used for the teeth. I don't know what the white area is. The female texture doesn't even have it. Teeth must be another texture some place.

It's a hack, the lower part of the texture (mouth and teeth) is not personalised, but the default texture is kept (the one from Default/ if present, stock otherwise). Female mouth is not textured in the stock model and this is the best way to prevent their hair mapping into their mouth while still making it possible to set their mouth textures.

Well, after a bit more testing, I found that one of the red blobs at the bottoms is used. It is the inside of the mouth, top and bottom. The other must be for tongue, but even in stock, I don't see a tongue on them, so maybe no used. The Female textures also have a red blob and I'm guessing that is their mouth inside. Haven't tested yet. Was hoping to add teeth pattern texture/NRM, but guess not. :(

"but the default texture is kept (the one from Default/ if present, stock otherwise)"

Ohh, if I put a custom texture in /Default it will do the teeth? Guessing the file name would need to be kerbalHead.dds? or would it be kerbalHead.tex.dds?

The stock heads I found where:

kbGeneKerman_head.tex.dds

kerbal_old.tex.dds

kerbalGirl_06_BaseColor.tex.dds

kerbalHead.tex.dds

kerbalHeadBeard.tex.dds

stubble.tex.dds

wernerVonKerman_head.tex.dds

Ok, this does work. A modded kerbalHead.dds file changed the teeth for both male and female kerbans. Also found that the tongue is only used for IVA's (the portrat and when in IVA looking at other kerbans).

Edited by Vorg

No part of female head texture is used for mouth, the red strip maps to their ponytails. Mouth on the original (not tweaked by TR) female model is not textured, there's just a solid colour assigned for each mesh.

I hope this does the trick for you: EVAvisor.dds (Dropbox)

Place it in default

Thank you! :D

EDIT: I hate to nitpick, but ... could you possibly make it a little more transparent? What I'm going for is clear glass with a vague blue tint.

EDIT2: Actually, just clear glass with no blue. Again, only if you have the time. :blush:

Edited by Mitchz95

since the update, my class / lvl base suite textures doesnt work. EVAhelmet.png and EVAhelmet1.png works correctly but EVAhelmet2.png EVAhelmet3.png EVAhelmet4.png EVAhelmet5.png doesnt work it just load EVAhelmet1.png if they higher then lvl 1

all works fine with texture replacer 2.4.6

Edited by Shaymes

since the update, my class / lvl base suite textures doesnt work. EVAhelmet.png and EVAhelmet1.png works correctly but EVAhelmet2.png EVAhelmet3.png EVAhelmet4.png EVAhelmet5.png doesnt work it just load EVAhelmet1.png if they higher then lvl 1

all works fine with texture replacer 2.4.6

I think I found the bug. Check this TextureReplacer.dll.

Would it be possible to separate the reflections and kerbal editing from the texture management and have them as different mods? I only use this for the cool reflections and stuff but the texture management can mess up some things such as icons from KerbinSide.

You must add the affected icon directories to `keepLoaded` array. Alternatively, you can disable texture unloading entirely by `isUnloadingEnabled = auto`.

yes thx shaw, the new dll file works nicely :D you can release 2.4.9 :D

here are my retextured biosuites to match lovly with the portais stats :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120731-1-0-x-DMagic-s-Modlets-Latest-Update-Portrait-Stats-v6-0-8-26-2015

YFYQxc9.jpg

cG0nslK.jpg

portais icon and level stars on the helmet (link removed)

here is the bugfix from shaw, so all works fine in texture replacer 2.4.8

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-1-0-4-TextureReplacer-2-4-9-%2815-9-2015%29?p=2195470&viewfull=1#post2195470

Edited by Shaymes
old file

That is more like what I've been thinking of doing for a custom suit with job type logo on the back of the helm and using the helm color bands. I was thinking of skill level rank on the arms and front of the helm but hadn't decided. Got bogged down doing heads with normal maps that add teeth, throat and maybe nose and ears.

EDIT: Just put the files in the directories as stated below and used the easy GUI of TextureReplacer within the game to assign the suits to the classes and all is well.

So if I wanted is to use Shayme's retextured biosuits with class and levels:

1. Install TextureReplacer in the GameData folder like any other mods.

2. Copy Shayme's suits (yellow, blue, red, green folders) in the Suits subdirectory under TextureReplacer

3. Edit / add the following to the cfg file. I NEED HELP HERE

GameData/TextureReplacer/
ClassSuits
{
Pilot = BS_Yellow
Engineer = BS_Red
Scientist = BS_Blue
Tourist = BS_Green

Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/kerbalMainGrey // IVA suit
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/kerbalMainGrey.png // IVA suit (level 1)
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/kerbalMainNRM.png // IVA suit normal map
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/kerbalHelmetGrey.png // IVA helmet
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/kerbalHelmetNRM // IVA & EVA helmet normal map
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAtexture.png // EVA suit
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAtextureNRM.png // EVA suit normal map
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAhelmet.png // EVA helmet
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAhelmet1.png // EVA helmet (level 1)
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAhelmet2.png // EVA helmet (level 2)
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAhelmet3.png // EVA helmet (level 3)
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAhelmet4.png // EVA helmet (level 4)
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAhelmet5.png // EVA helmet (level 5)
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAjetpack.png // EVA jetpack
Suits/[<subDir>/]<suit>/EVAjetpackNRM.png // EVA jetpack normal map

I am guessing that [<subDir>/] needs to be something else or does it use the classname Pilot = BS_Yellow automatically. Please help.

Edited by Montag

Serious Lasses

These packs were originally planned to add only especially feminine heads, since there didn't appear to be very many of those available previously. However, I now see that there's also a profound lack of diverse skin colors in the female head scene, so here's some heads for those of you who would prefer those without the makeup from the other two packs.

Loving this pack, and eagerly awaiting Diverse Kerbal Lads.

Minor bug report, the config file with Serious kerbal lasses doesn't capitalize the 'K' in LassKerb, so TR doesn't set the heads to only be female.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.