[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's very encouraging for me :) - It's really Endraxial that all the credit goes to. I'm happy I was able to get in touch with her and pass the textures on to the next generation of kerbals :)

I've used them before, too, and really liked them.  I really like KSPRC, but it isn't updated yet, and I was going back through and looking for some of the old planet textures.  I loved those Endraxial textures.  I tweaked the Minmus one a little, to make the flats a little darker, merging the KSPRC textures from like .24 or something into it.  But that is what my current install is using, and I make sure to "follow" it on the forum, for good measure.

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's very encouraging for me :) - It's really Endraxial that all the credit goes to. I'm happy I was able to get in touch with her and pass the textures on to the next generation of kerbals :)

I've been using only astronomer's, ksprc & sve packs in the past but i've completely missed these planet textures for some reason. Thanks for enlightening me guys... *heading to check these "Endraxial's / Avera's" asap!* :cool:

Edited by Murdox

On 22-1-2016 at 8:58 PM, Parkaboy said:

Hey, this may be a stupid question, but where can I find the default textures for the kerbal heads? I wanted to use them as base for my own edits...

On 22-1-2016 at 9:23 PM, shaw said:

which leads to:  https://github.com/ata4/disunity.

I wanted to look at the default head textures as well, but I have no idea how to use this tool. Can someone explain it to me?

4 hours ago, nikokespprfan said:

which leads to:  https://github.com/ata4/disunity.

I wanted to look at the default head textures as well, but I have no idea how to use this tool. Can someone explain it to me?

No experience, but a quick gander at the site suggests, assuming you're running Windows, that this command would work:

disunity.bat bundle unpack <filename>

Looks like you'd download the zip, extract the files to a folder, put your asset file there as well, then run that command from the command line in that folder. You also need Java installed.

2 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

No experience, but a quick gander at the site suggests, assuming you're running Windows, that this command would work:

disunity.bat bundle unpack <filename>

Looks like you'd download the zip, extract the files to a folder, put your asset file there as well, then run that command from the command line in that folder. You also need Java installed.

I tried to do it with KSP_win in the same folder as disunity-master, as well as with it inside the disunity folder, but that doesn't work (although it might also be something else), so I assume I need one of the many indivudual files within my KSP_win. I have been looking for it, but I don't know where to find the file I need. 

This is what I did.

Spoiler

Installed Java, latest version,

in the windows command processor:

disunity.bat bundle unpack KSP_win

'disunity.bat' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

disunity.bat bundle unpack <KSP_win>

The syntax of the command is wrong.

disunity.bat bundle unpack whateverpressingtabproduced

'disunity.bat' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I could be something very stupid, I am not familiar with the windows command processor.

Hi there!

So I used this mod with Cetera's Suit Pack, and it caused some very strange glitches.

1) I couldn't move my kerbals on ground. They could climb ladders and EVA just fine, but on ground (or horizontal spacecraft parts) it was like they were on a totally frictionless surface.

2) Upon entering a vehicle after EVA, the kerbal would get into the vehicle just fine, but leave a copy of him/herself clinging to the ladder, which is... kind of fun, as I spin up my rockets with roll to fling them off into space, or find buildings or big bumps to scrape/knock them off of rovers, but...

3) These copies of kerbals persist indefinitely. They can't be Terminated. They can be Recovered, if they're in range, but otherwise the only way to get rid of them is through directly deleting their Vessel section in the save file. Whether deleted that way or Recovered, they still remain in my roster and/or onboard my vehicles, so it's just a copy.

I'm playing 1.1, with... rather a lot of mods. It took me several hours to figure out that it was this one doing this, but it definitely was. Any thoughts?

44 minutes ago, nikokespprfan said:

I tried to do it with KSP_win in the same folder as disunity-master, as well as with it inside the disunity folder, but that doesn't work (although it might also be something else), so I assume I need one of the many indivudual files within my KSP_win. I have been looking for it, but I don't know where to find the file I need. 

Sounds like you might not be running the command in the right folder.

Try opening the folder with disunity in it, then hold down shift and right-click in an empty spot in the folder. You should have an option that says "Open command window here". Try running the command in the command window that opens up.

Also, you need the actual filename of the asset file you're trying to open. So, if the file is "sharedassets0.assets", the command is 

disunity.bat bundle unpack sharedassets0.assets

To be honest, it sounds like Unity Assets Explorer might be an easier option for you. It's got a GUI, so it's a bit easier to use.

The actual texture files are stored in one or more of the ".asset" files in the KSP_Data or KSP_64_Data folder. I couldn't tell you which textures are in which .assets files, though. And I also couldn't say if there are any differences in the textures between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I'd be a bit surprised if they are different, though.

8 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Hi there!

So I used this mod with Cetera's Suit Pack, and it caused some very strange glitches.

1) I couldn't move my kerbals on ground. They could climb ladders and EVA just fine, but on ground (or horizontal spacecraft parts) it was like they were on a totally frictionless surface.

2) Upon entering a vehicle after EVA, the kerbal would get into the vehicle just fine, but leave a copy of him/herself clinging to the ladder, which is... kind of fun, as I spin up my rockets with roll to fling them off into space, or find buildings or big bumps to scrape/knock them off of rovers, but...

3) These copies of kerbals persist indefinitely. They can't be Terminated. They can be Recovered, if they're in range, but otherwise the only way to get rid of them is through directly deleting their Vessel section in the save file. Whether deleted that way or Recovered, they still remain in my roster and/or onboard my vehicles, so it's just a copy.

I'm playing 1.1, with... rather a lot of mods. It took me several hours to figure out that it was this one doing this, but it definitely was. Any thoughts?

I had this kerbal cloning bug just the other day. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I tracked it down to a conflict between KIS and KerbalKrashSystem. If you've got both mods installed, try removing KerbalKrashSystem and see if it persists.

If it is that, the dev is aware of the issue and it should be fixed soon.

--Edit: I had no problem moving my kerbals around at ground level, though, so maybe your problem lies elsewhere.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

11 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Can you unhire the copies? If that fails, can you launch them all in a rocket, open the cargo bay, and dispose of them on a suborbital trajectory? It'd save you time if you could just unhire them, and it'd provide quite the entertainment to eject twenty or so of them from an SSTO cargo bay.

Edited by LaytheDragon

6 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

Can you unhire the copies? If that fails, can you launch them all in a rocket, open the cargo bay, and dispose of them on a suborbital trajectory? It'd save you time if you could just unhire them, and it'd provide quite the entertainment to eject twenty or so of them from an SSTO cargo bay.

No, the copies don't appear in the astronaut center, only in space or on the ground. If they are Recovered, they simply vanish. So unhiring, say, Bob, would... unhire Bob. Which is bad. <.<

And no, while that would be fun, I'd have to actually go an pick up each of them from their lonely little orbits first. XD Which would be... less fun. Especially since they'd all be starving by then, and refuse to be controlled (USI Life Support), so I'd have to literally trap them inside the cargo bay one by one, and... heh. Sounds pretty hard!

Edited by FirroSeranel

On 4/25/2016 at 1:20 PM, Cetera said:

I've used them before, too, and really liked them.  I really like KSPRC, but it isn't updated yet, and I was going back through and looking for some of the old planet textures.  I loved those Endraxial textures.  I tweaked the Minmus one a little, to make the flats a little darker, merging the KSPRC textures from like .24 or something into it.  But that is what my current install is using, and I make sure to "follow" it on the forum, for good measure.

Before TextureReplacer when UniverseReplacer was the "universal texture mod" there where a whole ton of ancient 8k planet textures which have since then become completely forgotten. I saved 1/2 a gig of .png textures some time around then as well. I don't know how useful they are now but I thought they would be worth saving. Someone put their hard work into them. :)

EDIT: Checking file dates says that these textures date back to 2013. They very well could be half a year to a year older than that depending on when the maker made vs. when he uploaded them. Man oh man... I gotta get off this forum before nostalgia prevents me from sleeping well tonight. I'll put up an imgur album if you guys want it.

EDIT EDIT: Dammit. I made a bad choice of looking at all the images while playing spirited music. I'm practically tearing up with the dedication I  see here right now. Want an 8k Moho texture from 3 years ago? No problem. How about cloud textures overlayed onto an 8k kerbin from before cloud mods where a thing? Yep, got that too. 8k Dres texture? Eeloo? 8K GILLY?! WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T I HAVE THAT TOO.

All I can do is shake my head... this modding community is just too awesome for words. Goodnight everyone. Time to stay up all night staring at my ceiling. Again.

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Dayum son, where'd ya find this?

4 minutes ago, luizopiloto said:

Is the NavBall texture replace feature working on the current version? because it's not working here... it changes only the IVA one...

Hm... I know that there are two different file names for IVA and main GUI navball textures. I wish I knew more than that though. You should also be able to replace the NavBall texture inside Squad\Props\NavBall if worse comes to worse.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Decided to re-upload my suit to dropbox in the unlikely chance anyone wants to use them. They're low resolution because I wanted to make them as small files as possible which isn't as much of a concern now in the age of KSP1.1.

If anyone does use them and has a problem let me know and I'll try to fix them.

11 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Before TextureReplacer when UniverseReplacer was the "universal texture mod" there where a whole ton of ancient 8k planet textures which have since then become completely forgotten. I saved 1/2 a gig of .png textures some time around then as well. I don't know how useful they are now but I thought they would be worth saving. Someone put their hard work into them. :)

EDIT: Checking file dates says that these textures date back to 2013. They very well could be half a year to a year older than that depending on when the maker made vs. when he uploaded them. Man oh man... I gotta get off this forum before nostalgia prevents me from sleeping well tonight. I'll put up an imgur album if you guys want it.

EDIT EDIT: Dammit. I made a bad choice of looking at all the images while playing spirited music. I'm practically tearing up with the dedication I  see here right now. Want an 8k Moho texture from 3 years ago? No problem. How about cloud textures overlayed onto an 8k kerbin from before cloud mods where a thing? Yep, got that too. 8k Dres texture? Eeloo? 8K GILLY?! WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T I HAVE THAT TOO.

All I can do is shake my head... this modding community is just too awesome for words. Goodnight everyone. Time to stay up all night staring at my ceiling. Again.

Could you post them somewhere for download access?

On 4/24/2016 at 5:37 PM, Beetlecat said:

Here's what I used-- since I also wanted the -popupwindow option:

"M:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command% -popupwindow

Your path may vary, obviously. :)

Is this a batch file you made or you put this in Steam launch options?

I fixed reflection shader, but there is something wrong with cubemap generation (some faces are inverted).

I checked in Unity 5.2.4f, it's ok, so it's a game bug. I also tried to make standalone reflection plugin, but there is same error.

Spoiler

Shaw's TextureReplacer:

6D8iZQw.png

My custom plugin:

tAMz5Md.png

May be someone can help me with this problem?

2 minutes ago, nikokespprfan said:

I am trying to make textures from the stock head textures, but is it normal that the stock textures look as if there is alot of noise on it?

Can you upload an image? There shouldn't be too much noise on the textures... maybe some .dds compression but not much else I don't think.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

11 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

... what.

Iu6jn3D.png

is this how it appears for you or is my laptop horribly corrupting it? That doesn't look right at all :0.0:

Yes this is how it appears to me. I went through a lot of trouble with Unity Assets Explorer (version 1.3) trying to get it, so there might be something wrong with it, .

Edited by nikokespprfan

Just now, nikokespprfan said:

Yes this is how it appears. I went through a lot of trouble with Unity Assets Explorer (version 1.3) trying to get it.

:/ something definitely went wrong in the extraction. It's the right texture but the colors are completely screwed up. I'm sorry I'm not of more help :(. You might be able to use ninja ripper to grab it in a different method but it's a more sketchy method and you'd have to sift through hundreds of textures to get the original kerbal head. My best bet would be to just download someone elses head textures and modify them for your own use.

Just now, RangeMachine said:

Finally, i made it :) Pull request soon...

Reveal hidden contents

xuKt1xX.png

OMG! Amazing work! Now we just have to hope someone comes up with a way to reflect atmosphere.