[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Do all suits work for female Kerbals too?

I just saw a streamer on Twitch that had Valentina wear a suit with pilot markings.

I believe the suit model doesn't change between males and females. Only the head. So suit textures should work just fine on females.

Hey Shaw, I updated and shrunk Endraxial's planets to make them work more efficiently post 1.0. I converted all the textures to optimized .dds images and shrunk all planet textures other then Kerbin to half the size (Meaning made them default resolution, expect Kerbin which is 4k- the visual impact is negligible). Should I post them here? Or is that "copying" too much? I'm giving all original credit to Endraxial.

I'm still finishing them! I'm not sure where's the right place to release them though.

How you release it is up to you. In the past I've used a dropbox link, but that's for things that will be outdated in the future or added to another mod... so that's not a great option as it won't be there for later.

I think Kerbal Stuff might be a good option. You're going to want something somewhat permanent, that you can edit, that you don't have to host the yourself.

The one on the left freaks me out a bit - like she was born on the dark side of Eeloo ... :sealed:

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to use KSP4DDS (on Windows) or img2dds (on Linux) to easily convert them to DDS format.

If ATM does not touch DDS files, does this only speed up loading time when launching KSP or also safe RAM?

If ATM does not touch DDS files, does this only speed up loading time when launching KSP or also safe RAM?

Not sure, TBH.

I'm not completely sure how KSP handles DDS files - I've read that they go straight to your graphics card's memory and don't go into RAM at all. But that could be wrong. If that's true, then using DDS definitely saves RAM.

KSP4DDS has options to resize the files when it converts them (like ATM agressive does), which might save RAM if DDS doesn't magically avoid all RAM increases.

Hey Shaw, I updated and shrunk Endraxial's planets to make them work more efficiently post 1.0. I converted all the textures to optimized .dds images and shrunk all planet textures other then Kerbin to half the size (Meaning made them default resolution, expect Kerbin which is 4k- the visual impact is negligible). Should I post them here? Or is that "copying" too much? I'm giving all original credit to Endraxial.

Why would you need my permission? Check the licence, it there is none, ask Exdraxial for permission.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure, TBH.

I'm not completely sure how KSP handles DDS files - I've read that they go straight to your graphics card's memory and don't go into RAM at all. But that could be wrong. If that's true, then using DDS definitely saves RAM.

KSP4DDS has options to resize the files when it converts them (like ATM agressive does), which might save RAM if DDS doesn't magically avoid all RAM increases.

DDSLoader loaded them directly to graphics card, but Unity also uncompressed them to RAM, so DDSLoader deleted them from RAM after loading. The KSP's internal DDS loader seems to work the same way.

NavBall I just got done playing with if anyone is interested:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Proot originally sourced the Apollo texture back in the old Navball texture exporter thread. I had played around with converting it to KSP navigation style for some time but never got around to finishing it.

Fortunately I stumbled across Yarbrough08's work: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98250?p=1541279&viewfull=1#post1541279

So I fiddled a little bit with the numbers and converted it to DDS.

Dropbox link is in the Imgur description, figured I'd bring it here since the other thread is kinda obscure for someone searching for NavBall textures.

Included Red and Green Versions, The Pitch numbers are kinda small, without navball enhancer I wouldn't be able to read them at my native resolution. So I might play with them some to find a better size.

(Font used is Bitwise, by Digital Graphics Labs. If you feel like messing around)

Obviously you can use the Imgur copies if you don't want DDS files. just remember to flip the IVA version Horizontally.

CC BY-NC 4.0

NavBall I just got done playing with if anyone is interested:

http://imgur.com/a/i2prO

Proot originally sourced the Apollo texture back in the old Navball texture exporter thread. I had played around with converting it to KSP navigation style for some time but never got around to finishing it.

Fortunately I stumbled across Yarbrough08's work: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98250?p=1541279&viewfull=1#post1541279

So I fiddled a little bit with the numbers and converted it to DDS.

Dropbox link is in the Imgur description, figured I'd bring it here since the other thread is kinda obscure for someone searching for NavBall textures.

Included Red and Green Versions, The Pitch numbers are kinda small, without navball enhancer I wouldn't be able to read them at my native resolution. So I might play with them some to find a better size.

(Font used is Bitwise, by Digital Graphics Labs. If you feel like messing around)

Obviously you can use the Imgur copies if you don't want DDS files. just remember to flip the IVA version Horizontally.

CC BY-NC 4.0

:o those are BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm downloading those as soon as I get home!

Hiall, how is TR working out so far?

Is the legacyfemale option, just an option? and maybe revertible so we don't need to worry about screwing our save?

Just asking.

It's optional and reversible.

It's optional and reversible.

Awesome, actually learned by trying, so far seems pretty good, reflections are unbelievably beautiful. :)

If anyone wants, I'm using a mix up of different authors, endraxials planets, pale color based suits, and diverse kerbal heads. Converted to dds.

Skybox I don't think is needed as its pretty good in stock.

Do a need a special config for the heads to what is applied to females or not?

Alrighty! I've gotten Endraxials permission to post my edits and .dds conversions of his original planets. I've converted all planet textures to optimized .dds images. No resolution downscale.

Download: Endraxial planet conversions (dropbox)

View on Imgur (a lot easier to see)

Enjoy~

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Refreshed link