[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Download

Actual Star Trek TOS tunics texture pack.

New from the Gregrox Space Probe Agency, a new series of comfortable flight suits built for probing the depths of space in starships. Designed to be airtight in an emergency thanks to KSP-approved gloves and helmet-locks, these new shirts, pants, and tunics are great for those moments when you really need to relax in full technicolor splendor, while on a trip to meet some hot alien babes or stop a god made out of an energy-tofu hybrid from taking over a race of nuclear beans, or perhaps just to stop the Klingons from stealing all of your snacks.

EDIT:

3 hours ago, Cetera said:

Hmmm, anyone know how to add rep these days?  I'd like to give some to Shaw, but can't figure it out with the new forums.

Like button seems to work as +Rep.

Edited by GregroxMun

20 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Download

Actual Star Trek TOS tunics texture pack.

New from the Gregrox Space Probe Agency, a new series of comfortable flight suits built for probing the depths of space in starships. Designed to be airtight in an emergency thanks to KSP-approved gloves and helmet-locks, these new shirts, pants, and tunics are great for those moments when you really need to relax in full technicolor splendor, while on a trip to meet some hot alien babes or stop a god made out of an energy-tofu hybrid from taking over a race of nuclear beans, or perhaps just to stop the Klingons from stealing all of your snacks.

Greg, you've got a texture orientation issue on the green suit in the screenshot.  The emblem is lower than it should be, and rotated left 90°.

I've found an issue where TextureReplacer degrades my framerates when combined with KSP's -force-d3d11 or -force-opengl options.  It happens even when there are no actual textures present for injection (i.e. vanilla install of TextureReplacer, without installing any other mods or graphics packs that use it).

The OpenGL case - while still noticeable - seems less severe than the DirectX 11 one.  The issue doesn't occur (or at least not to the same detectable degree) when KSP is run without either of these switches.  The switches work fine when I remove TextureReplacer.dll.

I tested on both 64-bit and 32-bit KSP (both on Windows 7 64-bit) with similar results.  It hapens with both the with current (2.4.11) and previous (2.4.10) versions of TextureReplacer.  I'm not clear if this is new to KSP 1.0.5 (and yes I'm using build 1028) or if it also happened under 1.0.4.  I never noticed it before under 1.0.4.
I reproduced it on two machines, one with a GTX690 and the other with a Quadro 5010.  I also saw the same thing with a newer GTX 980 Ti.
My graphics drivers are up to date.

To reproduce it I'm using a savegame where there are a dozen or so Kerbals standing in a huddle on the Mun.  When I go to them, and rotate the camera around (left and right arrows) it's jerky.  When I activate Map mode and rotate the camera, it's VERY jerky.  Happens consistently, even after a fresh load of KSP.  Doesn't happen when TextureReplacer is not present, or when KSP is started without either of the above switches.

It's worth nothing that I *have* seen similar "struttering" on occasion when TextureReplacer wasn't installed, but never until I'd been playing the game for at least 30+ minutes.  The behavior described above happens right away.

I'd appreciate if someone else could check this out and corroborate the bug report, and any tips on how it might be mitigated without giving up my beloved DX11 switch.

Thanks!

EDIT: Here are my logs.

Edited by Fwiffo
Add logs link

4 hours ago, Cetera said:

Hmmm, anyone know how to add rep these days?  I'd like to give some to Shaw, but can't figure it out with the new forums.

I think it's done now via the "Like this" button in the lower-right of the posts, if you haven't seen it yet

11 hours ago, shaw said:

What if you disable reflections?

@shaw Turning them off seems to fix it.  Curious why they would cause stuttering even (in fact moreso) in Map view, where there are no ships/kerbals/reflections to be seen.

I dropped some files into the empty EnvMap directory and tried "Static", and that seems to fix it too.

Here are my logs (where Real and None were tried); does anything regarding TextureReplacer stand out?

Thanks for pinpointing it to reflections, that's a huge jump forward.  If we can't solve this, and others can reproduce, then it might be a good idea to add a note in the readme saying that option shouldn't be used with those two KSP switches.

Edited by Fwiffo

19 hours ago, Cetera said:

Well, I guess I'll have to turn in my Trek fanclub card...

*sheepish*

Not so fast. I think I saw this kind of uniform - but the emblem was on the "buckle" of the shirt I think.

But you havent been looking at his pic, have you?

Spoiler

star-trek-tos-original-series-green-wrap

Edited by KerbMav

Anyone have a decent screenshot of Oinker's Skybox for a new banner? Maybe one taken with Kerbin moved around Kerbol far enough so Orion and Pleiades aren't obscured? My banner really sucks. PM it so we don't fill up the forum with random cropped screenshots.

Folks, has anyone tried to create a custom head (more "veteran-like") to Valentina? Kind of what somebody (I think it was Proot) did to Jeb, Bill and Bob eons ago?

nBdy5Bz.jpg

I tried to contact him, but was not successful (real life can be merciless sometimes)...

5 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Folks, has anyone tried to create a custom head (more "veteran-like") to Valentina? Kind of what somebody (I think it was Proot) did to Jeb, Bill and Bob eons ago?

j6ltzfr.jpg?1

Sorry, its impossibru!

Edited by Thriton