Dating Advice for Nerds/Geeks

Northstar1989

1 hour ago, Dispatcher said:

Bubba's dating advice.  For the gals, it is:  never date anyone who has a higher pitched voice than you.

For the guys, it is:  never date anyone who has more facial hair than you.

:o

Not applicable for some people whose has different orientations. :P

My advice would just be this: if you managed to find someone who can be with you, hours at a time, not saying anything/interacting much, but still not find it awkward, then that is the one. I know from experience being with someone who play different games from me and we both may get absorbed in our own games for a while, but then we do enjoy just being together.

On 17/01/2015 at 10:23 AM, Northstar1989 said:

Almost anything goes- I would just ask that you clarify whether your advice is for men trying to date women, women trying to date men, men trying to date men, women trying to date women, etc.

Actually you shouldn't be trying at all.. be happy with yourself and just do your own thing - you'll be surprised how quickly things can happen. Get out and meet real people.

Avoid Dating websites.. they're nothing more than 'swinging online brothels'.. and they're full of whacko's. If you're into that sort of thing fine.. but be careful what you can 'catch'. http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_webb_how_i_hacked_online_dating

A work colleague of the wife's discusses her dating website 'love' life with her. The stories are something else.. but she's nuts anyway so what can one expect.

Edited by ColKlonk

1 hour ago, ColKlonk said:

Avoid Dating websites.. they're nothing more than 'swinging online brothels'.. and they're full of whacko's. If you're into that sort of thing fine.. but be careful what you can 'catch'.

Well this swinger caught a whacko from an online brothel and she has stuck around for 6 years, apparently there is no cure :D

Thread I've always wanted.

Ironically I don't think I need advice... since I seemed to do ok with me last one but it also left me with a very very very bad taste in my mouth.

Knowing my social life, there won't be any possibilities for a long time... my social skills will also plummet. Ah well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.