[1.4.1] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

magico13

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

There's a setting in the alt-f12 menu (I think after holding alt for a few seconds) to unlock the tech tree.

Strangest thing -- I can use the debug menu to unlock all nodes and research all parts, but it refuses to save, even after hitting Save or the Reubild one. As soon as I leave the research station, it all reverts back.

Alright, I've made some pre-release versions of the modlets available on GitHub (where I am now hosting the modlet code). I haven't gotten around to all of them yet, but FieldExperience, Sensible Screenshot, Dated Quicksaves, and Tree Toppler are all on there. I haven't actually tested any of them, just updated them to work with 1.1 and updated MagiCore for the ones that need it (which is now also used by KCT).

On 4/25/2016 at 9:27 PM, magico13 said:

I haven't actually tested any of them, just updated them to work with 1.1 and updated MagiCore for the ones that need it (which is now also used by KCT)

Just did a mun and minmus trip while using Sensible Screenshots and Dated Quick Saves. They both appear to be working great!! Thanks for the update!

On April 25, 2016 at 11:27 PM, magico13 said:

Alright, I've made some pre-release versions of the modlets available on GitHub (where I am now hosting the modlet code). I haven't gotten around to all of them yet, but FieldExperience, Sensible Screenshot, Dated Quicksaves, and Tree Toppler are all on there. I haven't actually tested any of them, just updated them to work with 1.1 and updated MagiCore for the ones that need it (which is now also used by KCT).

can you get them on CKAN, thanks

@magico13 , I've got a Netkan file created for this but since this is only pre-release, it won't appear on CKAN yet. If you are ok with it going on CKAN I will submit a pull request after github shows it as a normal release.

Edited by JedTech

1 hour ago, JedTech said:

@magico13 , I've got a Netkan file created for this but since this is only pre-release, it won't appear on CKAN yet. If you are ok with it going on CKAN I will submit a pull request after github shows it as a normal release.

Does it properly split each modlet into separate mods and do Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves properly require MagiCore? I'm going to put them on SpaceDock when I do the full release, but I can't do that until I finalize the MagiCore update, which I can't do until I test if statements, which I can't do until I actually get a chance to sit down and take a look at things :P When it goes on SpaceDock they'll use the existing netkan files that I wrote/that were autogenerated.

Edited by magico13

19 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Does it properly split each modlet into separate mods and do Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves properly require MagiCore? I'm going to put them on SpaceDock when I do the full release, but I can't do that until I finalize the MagiCore update, which I can't do until I test if statements, which I can't do until I actually get a chance to sit down and take a look at things :P When it goes on SpaceDock they'll use the existing netkan files that I wrote/that were autogenerated.

I couldn't test it on the pre-release, so I'm not 100% confident how it would split the modlets.
Sounds like you have a good plan! Let me know if I can help.

Edited by JedTech

I've made releases of most of the modlets and have put them on SpaceDock. Consequently, they'll also be on CKAN again at some point. I need to update MagiCore so it's supported with 1.1.2 on CKAN (it works as-is, but CKAN doesn't know that). I've also added links to the GitHub repo that contains additional downloads if you don't like SpaceDock (or if SpaceDock is down)

On 1.5.2016 at 11:54 PM, magico13 said:

There is a version available here but I haven't gotten to test with 1.1.2 yet (worked fine in 1.1.0). If you test it and find any issues, let me know, but it should still work. I might get a full release out tonight.

Started (1.1,2) a new career save tonight, did first orbit (thanks god for tantaresLV), progress kerbin scansat low res scan,

recovered my first stages (thanks god for magico13), collected science (thanks god for dmagic, fasa and mkerb) also first kerbin/mun/minmus contract sats...

Think it need a bit more career progress. Stay tuned...

Edited by Jansn67

3 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Started (1.1,2) a new career save tonight, did first orbit (thanks god for tantaresLV), progress kerbin scansat low res scan,

recovered my first stages (thanks god for magico13), collected science (thanks god for dmagic, fasa and mkerb) also first kerbin/mun/minmus contract sats...

Think it need a bit more career progress. Stay tuned...

Btw, if you hadn't noticed Field Experience was actually fully released for KSP 1.1.2. Depending on when you visited that link you may have grabbed the full version anyway. No real difference between them anyway even if you did grab the pre-release, just a recompile to make sure it still works for 1.1.2 and a full release to make CKAN catch it.

Hello

In my install FieldExperiece is raising exceptions on load.

Spoiler
[LOG 09:47:31.289] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Launcher' from assembly 'FieldExperience'
[EXC 09:47:31.294] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ConfigNode' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
 AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
 AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
 <LoadObjects>c__Iterator32:MoveNext()
 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
 <CreateDatabase>c__Iterator31:MoveNext()
 GameDatabase:StartLoad()
 <LoadSystems>c__Iterator45:MoveNext()
 LoadingScreen:Start()
[EXC 09:47:31.297] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ConfigNode' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERR 09:47:31.299] Error looking up signature for method Launcher.onGameStateLoad

[EXC 09:47:31.300] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ConfigNode' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I have to say that I have a heavily modded install.

6 hours ago, bice said:

Hello

In my install FieldExperiece is raising exceptions on load.

I have to say that I have a heavily modded install.

Looks like an old version of Field Experience (I'd need the full log to tell). Where and when did you download it? It's always possible I messed up packaging the .zip

Edit: I just downloaded both zips and it does appear to have an older version in them :( I'll have to fix that tonight (and double check all the other modlets to make sure I didn't do that more than once). If you use the download from here it should work: https://github.com/magico13/Modlets/releases/tag/KSP1.0-pre1

Edited by magico13

Dont worry ;-) and thank you very much for mods and updates.

I tried the 1.0.3 of Field Experience and it seems it didnt work. Now i saw you packed the "right" dll.

Will edit later to tell results.

Edit: yes, now it works like expected. Rescued a Kerbal from orbit and after entering Capsule it have 1 Star.

Thanks again.

Edited by Jansn67

Somehow all the .craft files are gone from my save folder, so Ship Save Splicer looked like a godsend to try and recreate them from ships in flight. However, when I pull up the Tracking Station and click on a flight, I don't see any button from SSS to export the .craft file. I'm using KSP 1.1.2.

2 hours ago, Sarai said:

Somehow all the .craft files are gone from my save folder, so Ship Save Splicer looked like a godsend to try and recreate them from ships in flight. However, when I pull up the Tracking Station and click on a flight, I don't see any button from SSS to export the .craft file. I'm using KSP 1.1.2.

I'll look into it tonight.

Edit: One thing to keep in mind is that Ship Save Splicer doesn't actually turn them back into craft files. The way they're saved is more like how they're saved in the save file. If you want to convert them back into craft files you can use this, though it hasn't been updated recently. I can possibly add that functionality into SSS, but I'd need more than tonight to do that. All SSS does right now is let you transfer individual ships from one save to another.

Edited by magico13

8 hours ago, magico13 said:

I'll look into it tonight.

Edit: One thing to keep in mind is that Ship Save Splicer doesn't actually turn them back into craft files. The way they're saved is more like how they're saved in the save file. If you want to convert them back into craft files you can use this, though it hasn't been updated recently. I can possibly add that functionality into SSS, but I'd need more than tonight to do that. All SSS does right now is let you transfer individual ships from one save to another.

Oh, so it still transfers them in-flight? I did look into the link you provided before trying SSS, but it's for an older version of KSP and it doesn't currently function. Rebuilding everything from scratch is possible, just time consuming, haha. Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Sarai said:

Oh, so it still transfers them in-flight? I did look into the link you provided before trying SSS, but it's for an older version of KSP and it doesn't currently function. Rebuilding everything from scratch is possible, just time consuming, haha. Thanks!

Yeah, it's flight to flight. It would be weird but you could use my other mod, Kerbal Construction Time, if you could land them on Kerbin. Alternatively if you give me a few days I could modify the code from that link to let you also convert them back to craft files. I just can't tonight because I need to make a release of Kerbal Construction Time and probably won't have time for both.

11 hours ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, it's flight to flight. It would be weird but you could use my other mod, Kerbal Construction Time, if you could land them on Kerbin. Alternatively if you give me a few days I could modify the code from that link to let you also convert them back to craft files. I just can't tonight because I need to make a release of Kerbal Construction Time and probably won't have time for both.

I would appreciate it! Don't worry about it too much though :)

On 1/17/2015 at 5:03 AM, magico13 said:

Ship Save Splicer

cant get this working the icon just doesnt show up on my modded instal will provide logs and mod list later if needed

Edited by BrutalRIP

36 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

cant get this working the icon just doesnt show up on my modded instal will provide logs and mod list later if needed

I just did a recompile and forgot to test, so I'm not surprised. I'll get it fixed tonight and will be adding the convert to craft file feature at the same time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.