[1.4.1] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

magico13

52 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I just did a recompile and forgot to test, so I'm not surprised. I'll get it fixed tonight and will be adding the convert to craft file feature at the same time.

look forward to it and here's the log just in case

and gamedata screen shot

Spoiler

jqOADyl.png

Edited by BrutalRIP

Alright, Ship Save Splicer updated to actually work with 1.1.2 and experimental Exported Vessel to .craft file functionality added. Left-Shift the button to convert an already exported vessel to a .craft file. I expect it will be a bit buggy, so watch out. That functionality is made entirely possible by @Claw and his work on InflightShipSave. Most of the code is directly copied because I was feeling somewhat lazy and didn't want to spend more than a few hours on this.

Edited by magico13

Thank you! I will test and report back :)

EDIT: All the functions of SSS seems to be in perfect working order. It did take me a moment to realize I had to first export it and then convert to .craft, but that's just a matter of reading the documentation. Thanks again!

EDIT x2: The .craft file created for a ship consisting of multiple docked modules doesn't load into the VAB. Not terribly surprising, but worth mentioning.

Edited by Sarai

On 5/11/2016 at 1:17 AM, Sarai said:

Thank you! I will test and report back :)

EDIT: All the functions of SSS seems to be in perfect working order. It did take me a moment to realize I had to first export it and then convert to .craft, but that's just a matter of reading the documentation. Thanks again!

EDIT x2: The .craft file created for a ship consisting of multiple docked modules doesn't load into the VAB. Not terribly surprising, but worth mentioning.

With how docking works in general I'm not surprised about that. I also know that the current code would cause issues with parts that are missing a symmetry partner (I have a fix for that in KCT that I'll transfer into here at some point in the future). KSP isn't really designed to go "backward" from Vessel to .craft, so I definitely can't guarantee that method to work all the time.

Field Experience:
Noticed that it wasn't updating Lodoly Kerman's level while he was in orbit around the Mun (at least lvl 1, none at the moment). I reinstalled the mod (Spacedock latest), ran it again and he still has 0 stars... 
Is that working as intended ? 

2 hours ago, Mokmo said:

Field Experience:
Noticed that it wasn't updating Lodoly Kerman's level while he was in orbit around the Mun (at least lvl 1, none at the moment). I reinstalled the mod (Spacedock latest), ran it again and he still has 0 stars... 
Is that working as intended ? 

If you're sure you're using the correct version, then I'll need the log files (read this post). That definitely doesn't sound like the correct behavior.

Hi @magico13,
So I added your mod after I already got a bunch of science using contracts and money to science thing. So at this point running around kerbin for science isn't exactly worth it, is there a way I can tell field science that I have collected all the science on Kerbin or just not offer me contracts on Kerbin. I might just start a new game, I kinda cheesed by doing a huge amount of suborbital tourism contracts lol. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, PortableGoogle said:

Hi @magico13,
So I added your mod after I already got a bunch of science using contracts and money to science thing. So at this point running around kerbin for science isn't exactly worth it, is there a way I can tell field science that I have collected all the science on Kerbin or just not offer me contracts on Kerbin. I might just start a new game, I kinda cheesed by doing a huge amount of suborbital tourism contracts lol. 

Thanks

Field Experience doesn't do anything involving science or contracts. You might be thinking of a different mod. I think @nightingale has a mod that you might be confusing Field Experience with.

10 hours ago, magico13 said:

Field Experience doesn't do anything involving science or contracts. You might be thinking of a different mod. I think @nightingale has a mod that you might be confusing Field Experience with.

Whoops, my bad. Sorry about that. Yeah it is the field research contract pack I thought I was posting on lol. 

Edited by PortableGoogle

18 hours ago, awang said:

Awww, no update for EditorTime... Was hoping that it'd make playing with KCT more bearable. Did 1.1.x completely change some API that the mod required?

No, I just never got around to it. It probably only requires a recompile so I'll see about getting it updated tonight.

16 hours ago, magico13 said:

No, I just never got around to it. It probably only requires a recompile so I'll see about getting it updated tonight.

Seriously?!?! You just made my night! I was the person who originally asked you to create what became EditorTime. I figured I was probably the only one who used it, and I wasn't about to bug you for it after you graciously made it on my request in the first place... But I've really missed it... thank you for even taking the time out to recompile it.

And thank you Awang for asking for it!

7 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Seriously?!?! You just made my night! I was the person who originally asked you to create what became EditorTime. I figured I was probably the only one who used it, and I wasn't about to bug you for it after you graciously made it on my request in the first place... But I've really missed it... thank you for even taking the time out to recompile it.

And thank you Awang for asking for it!

I didn't end up leaving work until 9 last night and I'm travelling to go to a friend's wedding today. I might get a chance to do it tonight but I might also be busy all evening (my fiancee is in the wedding party so we might have things we have to do to help get ready). It shouldn't require more than a recompile so its just a matter of getting time to sit down with my laptop.

Edit: EditorTime is now updated to KSP 1.1.2 with no other changes made to it. It's only on GitHub for now, I'll add it to SpaceDock (and thus CKAN) sometime in the next few days.

@awang, @eightiesboi

Edited by magico13

Quick question about EditorTime -- where is the config file supposed to be? There's nothing in the folder after a start/quit cycle, and the log says that the file is missing. Is it something we're supposed to create on our own?

Also, there was this exception that showed up in the log. There didn't look like there was anything else relevant in the log besides the typical loading messages and the above mentioned message, but if you would like more I can certainly provide it.

[EXC 00:03:03.769] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RenderingManager.RemoveFromPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction)
	EditorTime.EditorTime.OnDestroy ()

Edit: Looks like the above exception is preventing the config file from being written?

Edited by awang

17 hours ago, awang said:

Quick question about EditorTime -- where is the config file supposed to be? There's nothing in the folder after a start/quit cycle, and the log says that the file is missing. Is it something we're supposed to create on our own?

Also, there was this exception that showed up in the log. There didn't look like there was anything else relevant in the log besides the typical loading messages and the above mentioned message, but if you would like more I can certainly provide it.

[EXC 00:03:03.769] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RenderingManager.RemoveFromPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction)
	EditorTime.EditorTime.OnDestroy ()

Edit: Looks like the above exception is preventing the config file from being written?

Hmm, could be. It'll be a quick fix. I might be able to get it out in a few hours, otherwise it'll be tonight.

E: You can create the file yourself and it should work fine I think. Unfortunately I can't take a look at it until I get home later tonight.

E2: Fixed in Editor Time v1.0.2.1. @awang @eightiesboi

Edited by magico13

Good news! Managed to get KAC mostly working with EditorTime, and just submitted a PR (to KAC; EditorTime required no changes). Its time changes and matches the time displayed by EditorTime, and alarms seemed to fire correctly. The only bug I noticed is that if you set the KAC alarm to pause the game, the camera breaks, and you'll need to leave/re-enter the VAB/SPH to get things going again.

Edited by awang

16 hours ago, awang said:

Good news! Managed to get KAC mostly working with EditorTime, and just submitted a PR (to KAC; EditorTime required no changes). Its time changes and matches the time displayed by EditorTime, and alarms seemed to fire correctly. The only bug I noticed is that if you set the KAC alarm to pause the game, the camera breaks, and you'll need to leave/re-enter the VAB/SPH to get things going again.

That's awesome! I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to play yet... one question: any problems with EditorTime and KRASH?

16 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

That's awesome! I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to play yet... one question: any problems with EditorTime and KRASH?

I haven't tried it but I don't expect to see any.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.