[1.4.1] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

magico13

I take it Re3 doesn't exist anymore?

I can't weld my damn construction clamp-o-trons, because apparently the one on my radio telescope ended up being the root part when I undocked it to then redock it with the intention of welding the ports together.

Apparently construction ports only have one situation where they won't weld....when one is the root....

It wasn't the root when I launched it...

Edited by JoE Smash

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again everyone, as you may have noticed I've been pretty distant from the KSP community and KSP modding for some time. I am sorry to say that I am going to be stepping back from modding entirely. I love KSP, I love the community, and I love making mods that help others enjoy KSP as well, but I haven't actively played KSP for more than a month or so in a few years and I'd like to play other games and work on other projects. I have a game idea I might pursue that is inspired by KSP and Terraria, so if I do end up making progress on that I will let you all know.

I originally started modding just because I wanted to play with a mod (KCT) that needed some work before it was really playable. That evolved into several related mods and served as a great way to learn programming. I have now been a professional .NET developer for over two years as a result of what I learned while modding and I am eternally grateful to this community for helping me bring my mods to life and pushing me to learn more. When I started I just barely understood how to write C# and now I do it professionally.

I do not have specific successors in place for my mods. If you are interested in taking over development of any of my mods, please send me a PM. I will ping some specific people now who might be interested or might know people who are, but this is open to everyone. @Starwaster, @severedsolo, @NathanKell, @linuxgurugamer

Thank you all for your support over the years, you've been great :D Hopefully I'll see you around :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up, but @linuxgurugamer has volunteered to take over maintenance and development of the modlets. If you don't know who he is (do you live under an asteroid?), LGG maintains a countless number of mods (and has made a handful of his own). Additionally, all of the modlets will be moving to the MIT license. When he's got a thread set up I'll ask for this one to be closed, but for now feel free to discuss in this thread. Congrats @linuxgurugamer!

My new thread for the adoptions is here: 

Please move all discussion to the new thread

On 9/17/2018 at 3:04 PM, magico13 said:

Just a heads up, but @linuxgurugamer has volunteered to take over maintenance and development of the modlets. If you don't know who he is (do you live under an asteroid?), LGG maintains a countless number of mods (and has made a handful of his own). Additionally, all of the modlets will be moving to the MIT license. When he's got a thread set up I'll ask for this one to be closed, but for now feel free to discuss in this thread. Congrats @linuxgurugamer!

You can close this thread at any time

• 2 months later...

I get a lot of these:

[ERR 20:37:08.243] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SN]

[ERR 20:37:08.245] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SP]

In VAB and maybe in flight also....
What is it?
Should I worry?
Because I am trying to figure out what is causing lag when editing in VAB...

And playing ksp1.3.1 rp1

15 hours ago, Agustin said:

[ERR 20:37:08.243] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SN]

[ERR 20:37:08.245] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SP]

Those are variables that aren't being replaced properly. I don't think they're part of Sensible Screenshot or Dated QuickSaves. Might be KCT? I don't recognize the SN and SP variables so I don't actually know.

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

should be? I don't have sensible screenshot or dated quicksaves. I just have KCT (RP1)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq9jcl4o4m72yiw/KSP.rar?dl=0

(LOG)

This is why snippets of logs are useless.

In the line directly above the lines you posted is the following:

[LOG 16:40:27.977] [KCT] Start called
[LOG 16:40:27.983] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button
[ERR 16:40:27.995] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SN]
[ERR 16:40:27.997] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SP]
[LOG 16:40:27.999] 12/12/2018 4:40:27 PM,KerbalConstructionTime-KACWrapper,Attempting to Grab KAC Types...
[LOG 16:40:28.007] [KCT] ClickOn

which shows that KCT is active in some way, and is most likely where the problem is

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2015 at 5:03 AM, magico13 said:

Common Dependency:

MagiCore

Description: A core utility mod initially designed so Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves can share "string translation" features. I'll probably add other common utilities into it and start requiring it in other mods. It should be included by default in Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, Kerbal Construction Time, and ScrapYard, and CKAN should have it indexed separately. It will install to KSP_Folder/GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll.

License: MIT. Also included in the zip file.

Installation: Merge the included GameData folder with the one in your KSP directory, overwriting any files.

Latest releases on GitHub

This dependency doesn't show up on CKAN for me.

EDIT: Ship Save Splicer also keeps disappearing from the toolbar and is incapable of importing ships.

Edited by Bej Kerman

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

This dependency doesn't show up on CKAN for me.

What do you mean? Is it not listed as a dependency in the "Relationships" tab or is "magicore" not available at all? Not all of the modlets actually need magicore, just "Dated Quick Saves" and "Sensible Screenshots" (also "Scrap Yard" and KCT but these are not modlets).

Also, LGG is the new maintainer for these mods, just scroll 5 posts up to find the new thread :)

• 5 months later...

@magico13

I really got to say I enjoy Editor Time mod, It is in a way more realistic then KCT. Not that KCT is bad, But more complicated builds equal longer build time with Editor Time. Definitely forces you to build all systems for Orbital or Surface station in advance as NASA would hopefully due if your using a life support mod.

I am currently using 1 hour vab time equals 6 Kerbin Days, Which seems to work pretty well.

Thanks for all your work on this and all your other mods.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.