64Bit linux stable or not?

thomas15v

Well somehow it turned out that I was playing 64bit all the time. I was even that stuppid that I downloaded mods that said that they didn't supported 64bit. I noticed it after changing some parameters to get more FPS.

I also tried to change it back to 32bit. But nooo. Ksp needs 7GB ram with all my mods... .

Is it normal that it is stable on linux? Because I am genuinely confused right now.

Edited by thomas15v

Oooh, thank you to clear up my confusion xD.

Please pick a topic title that isn't useless.

As for your question, from what i know it is the win64 version that is an unstable mess, not the linux 64bit ver.

Oke lets fix that. EDIT: Better now XD? Sorry I was confused remember.

Another question. Do I have to redownload ActiveTextureManagement to the 64bit version? It could explain my cloud issue.

Edited by thomas15v

64bit on GNU/Linux is stable, AMDs GPU drivers on GNU/Linux maybe not so much...

The GNU/Linux 32bit build is there & runs just fine assuming you have the 32bit libs it needs. There's no reason to run it though.

IIRC ATM has seperate 64 & 32bit builds, but you won't need it on 64bit anyway.

FWIW, I run 64bit on Debian Sid with an NVIDIA card and I haven't had a single issue with stock or with 6+GB worth of mods :)

Why is this? Dunno, ask Unity ;)

It's rock stable and no mods that I know of disable themselves on it. The problems are with the Windows 64-bit version of KSP. It's just a lot of people don't even recognise Linux as existing and say "64-bit" when they mean the Windows 64-bit version.

As mentioned, if you have an AMD graphics card you can expect it to underperform on Linux whether you use the proprietary drivers or the free software ones. KSP isn't a demanding game though so I expect a decent AMD GPU will still handle it fine on Linux.

Edited by cantab

It's rock stable and no mods that I know of disable themselves on it. The problems are with the Windows 64-bit version of KSP. It's just a lot of people don't even recognise Linux as existing and say "64-bit" when they mean the Windows 64-bit version.

As mentioned, if you have an AMD graphics card you can expect it to underperform on Linux whether you use the proprietary drivers or the free software ones. KSP isn't a demanding game though so I expect a decent AMD GPU will still handle it fine on Linux.

Thats actually sad lol. I love linux :D. And I am also happy that this game seems to run better on here than windows. And yeah :/. The only good GPU cards that support linux is nvidea and intel I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.