[1.3.0] Mobile Frame System [MFS] (v0.3.3) [29.05.2017]

riocrokite

Hi Guys,

i've got a problem... When I try to connect the Frame parts with anything the wont connect. When I turn on the other connectors the parts do connect but the frames wont become solid and dont spawn on the ramp... Any suggestions?

Hey,

Notice that FH21 and FH42 frames have two variants (FH21 - FH-21VM //// FH-42 - FH-42VM). First variant can be attached only horizontally. Second variant can be attached only vertically. If you cannot attach first variant try the second one. I hope that helps.

Edited by riocrokite

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/942di000q4q6jy9/AADONZ1zb1Oebe0PdSsi9sYma?dl=0

there you go :

'01 fuel truck' - with hidden lv-n between containers.

'02 cargo truck with crane' - as name description, you need to install KAS and then magnet or winch to the end of movable frame to make use of it. You can also try with docking ports but docking ports with IR are very buggy atm.

Many thanks.....

Looking forward to seeing how these are put together....

Cheers.

Hey,

Notice that FH21 and FH42 frames have two variants (FH21 - FH-21VM //// FH-42 - FH-42VM). First variant can be attached only horizontally. Second variant can be attached only vertically. If you cannot attach first variant try the second one. I hope that helps.

Well... I noticed something weired... I can attach the horizontal stuff onliy vertical, and the vertical stuff only horizontal xD

Well... I noticed something weired... I can attach the horizontal stuff onliy vertical, and the vertical stuff only horizontal xD

try to build vehicles in SPH, not in VAB, it will be easier ;)

btw another test build: cable crane (KAS) retracted (can fit in a fairing and stork legs):

Q6M79kP.png

deployed:

8qvLq2b.png

Edited by riocrokite

I loved the first two craft files, I use them a lot. Then you show off these two crafts. Absolutely love the crane, and it doesn't even look like anything at first. Possible you create a place for all these great crafts to be obtained from?

I second that... Great mod, great work....

I've added quick tutorial on cable crane build in the first post. Hope this helps. Also it is for unreleased yet version 0.3.0. Will try to release it tomorrow.

I link it hereunder as well, pics are high res so you can zoom in.

Build requires needs Kerbal Foundries (wheels) and KAS (winches/magnets).

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by riocrokite

I've added quick tutorial on cable crane build in the first post. Hope this helps. Also it is for unreleased yet version 0.3.0. Will try to release it tomorrow.

I link it hereunder as well, pics are high res so you can zoom in.

Build requires needs Kerbal Foundries (wheels) and KAS (winches/magnets).

http://imgur.com/a/eBxYU

Nice craft. Really loving the combination of KAS and IR! I'd never considered using winches for support like that before. Now I'd like to see a shot of that craft in-game with the IR Hauler wheels ;)

Don't know how you are getting that one beam to change to hollow don't see that setting at all https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/front_1%20truck_1.png

the sample build uses parts from unreleased yet 0.3.0 version. I'll try to release it today's evening.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice craft. Really loving the combination of KAS and IR! I'd never considered using winches for support like that before. Now I'd like to see a shot of that craft in-game with the IR Hauler wheels ;)

Yah I will shoot more stuff, however won't have time now to prepare it before my 2 week Easter travel. Btw about that Kronal Vessel transparency thing, when I'm back maybe we could investigate that problem together to resolve it?;)

This update looks like it breaks saves or maybe, I missed some parts in MagicSmokeIndustries will check again.

yup, lots of refactoring, thus breaking saves :( good news is that I think the mod is in 95% complete so not many changes in the future.

Yah I will shoot more stuff, however won't have time now to prepare it before my 2 week Easter travel. Btw about that Kronal Vessel transparency thing, when I'm back maybe we could investigate that problem together to resolve it?;)

Sure thing :)

Btw, Kottabos just did a modlight on this:

Really hope he does the next Infernal Robotics version when it gets officially released.

Just a heads up, I'm using the current pre-release .dll of Infernal Robotics rework v0.20c and the IR Translation frame parts are moving their meshes incorrectly i.e. moving both pieces down and to the front instead of extending. I'll test this out more and see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Love the way this mod is unfolding riocrokite, but was wondering if you had any plans for replicating something like the IR gantry as a top member for the crane system. I was trying to make a cargo vehicle for the KIS system, and your parts make it very functional except the KIS containers can only be placed in the center of the flatbed.

http://imgur.com/klU5oSG,Y0wDO7d,lYUQO1I,mFm99HR,fbOKlZf#0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.