[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

There is a mismatch between the manual provided with the download and the error message:

Spoiler

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TCAToolbarManager' from assembly 'ThrottleControlledAvionics'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

File 'C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\ThrottleControlledAvionics\Plugins\..\ThrottleControlledAvionics.user' does not exist

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[ThrottleControlledAvionics: 17:58:31.169] Using stock AppLauncher

1. Is it ThrottleControlledAvionics.user or ThrottleControlledAvionics.user_ ?

2. Is the location a sub directory of Plugins or ThrottleControlledAvionics ?

3. Why not just include an empty user file in the download ?

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

There is a mismatch between the manual provided with the download and the error message:

Reveal hidden contents

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TCAToolbarManager' from assembly 'ThrottleControlledAvionics'

File 'C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\ThrottleControlledAvionics\Plugins\..\ThrottleControlledAvionics.user' does not exist

[ThrottleControlledAvionics: 17:58:31.169] Using stock AppLauncher

1. Is it ThrottleControlledAvionics.user or ThrottleControlledAvionics.user_ ?

2. Is the location a sub directory of Plugins or ThrottleControlledAvionics ?

3. Why not just include an empty user file in the download ?

No mismatch:

1. It's the ThrottleControlledAvionics.user, the user_ is a rogue file that went into the archive by accident.

2. The location is GameData/ThrottleControlledAvionics/ThrottleControlledAvionics.user as you see from the logs (".." meaning "one dir up")

3. Indeed, why not?

2 minutes ago, allista said:

No mismatch:

1. It's the ThrottleControlledAvionics.user, the user_ is a rogue file that went into the archive by accident.

2. The location is GameData/ThrottleControlledAvionics/ThrottleControlledAvionics.user as you see from the logs (".." meaning "one dir up")

3. Indeed, why not?

1. I see as I mentioned user_ in the file in the download.

2. Ah I did wonder if for some reason it was more a case of .. being used to represent an abreviation as in xxx/yyyy/zzzzz/bbbb/nnnn > xxx/.../nnnn. My mistake. lol.

7 hours ago, danielboro said:

@allista

can you readd the ability to use ` or ~ as the on/off key of TCA?

Never removed it, actually. If your KSP/Unity distribution correctly assigns KeyCodes to key events, you can assign anything except Esc and Backspace. If not (like on some win platforms), only alphanumerics do work. That's Unity's limitation, not TCA's.

Hi

I'm using KSP 1.4.2 on linux and I'm trying to upgrade from TCA 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 due to the land routine eating all of my memory causing the game to hang to the point it's unplayable. I'm hoping some of the improvements in 3.5.2 address this.

But, I move out the 3.5.1 version, put in the 3.5.2 version, copied over config.xml and ThrottleControlledAvionics.user_ (I do not have a ThrottleControlledAvionics.user (no underscore)) and now the TCA icon doesn't show up.

Any suggestions?

Putting 3.5.1 back in restores it to what it did before where I have the icon and no memory after a minute using the land routine.

Any help would be great, it's driving me insane!

21 hours ago, sordidPhoenix said:

Hi

I'm using KSP 1.4.2 on linux and I'm trying to upgrade from TCA 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 due to the land routine eating all of my memory causing the game to hang to the point it's unplayable. I'm hoping some of the improvements in 3.5.2 address this.

But, I move out the 3.5.1 version, put in the 3.5.2 version, copied over config.xml and ThrottleControlledAvionics.user_ (I do not have a ThrottleControlledAvionics.user (no underscore)) and now the TCA icon doesn't show up.

Any suggestions?

Putting 3.5.1 back in restores it to what it did before where I have the icon and no memory after a minute using the land routine.

Any help would be great, it's driving me insane!

The 3.5.2 is probably compatible with KSP-1.4.2, so what you see is most likely an installation error. Have you also replaced the AT_Utils with the one that comes with 3.5.2?

More importantly, share the ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log, so we could look at the errors. 

Edited by allista

Hello there!

Thanks for the awesome mod, from what I see its gonna save me a lot of headaches.

Still, I couldnt get it to work properly. After installing the latest version and reading the manual, I configured everything I needed into profiles in the SPH. But when I try to fly the craft, I cannot use the inflight menu, the toolbar button isnt working.

I can activate/deactivate with "Y". I also have ksp version 1.4.5 installed. Module Manager 3.0.7.

Looking forward to try out your mod once I fix this issue!

3 hours ago, Dinotello said:

Hello there!

Thanks for the awesome mod, from what I see its gonna save me a lot of headaches.

Still, I couldnt get it to work properly. After installing the latest version and reading the manual, I configured everything I needed into profiles in the SPH. But when I try to fly the craft, I cannot use the inflight menu, the toolbar button isnt working.

I can activate/deactivate with "Y". I also have ksp version 1.4.5 installed. Module Manager 3.0.7.

Looking forward to try out your mod once I fix this issue!

Looks like installation issue. Probably missing AT_Utils, or it's version is incompatible with your version of TCA.

Try downloading from SpaceDock and reinstalling, so that the GameData has both the 000_AT_Utils and the ThrottleControlledAvionics folders from the archive.

21 hours ago, allista said:

Looks like installation issue. Probably missing AT_Utils, or it's version is incompatible with your version of TCA.

Try downloading from SpaceDock and reinstalling, so that the GameData has both the 000_AT_Utils and the ThrottleControlledAvionics folders from the archive.

Thanks! That was the culprit. I had downloaded the version from github, but it seems like the spacedock one has fixed the issue.

Cheers!

Hi @allista. First thing, thank you for a great autopilot. Now, the question:

I am using the rendezvous autopilot and it ignores the max days field, finding solutions later. I was also a bit confused because there is no indication on when the launch will happen, but I already learned to check the countdown by the warp button to know it.

Also, launching from the moon, I try to set the orbit at 10km at it changes it to 18.9.

Thx.

Hello,  @allista!

I install TCA form CKAN. It says that TCA has dependencies from Configurable Containers and AT Utils, so CKAN install them too.

It seems that Configurable Containers mod doesn't work with Interstellar fuel switch, which included in KSPIE mod... So, it doesn't work with KSPIE for me.

I had to manually delete Configurable Containers folder and ConfigurableContainers.dll from 000_AT_Utils folder to make both Interstellar fuel switch from KSPIE and TCA work together.

Could you help me with this please? Is it a problem with Configurable Container, Interstellar fuel switch, CKAN or just my installation issue?

8 hours ago, AleXX said:

Hello,  @allista!

I install TCA form CKAN. It says that TCA has dependencies from Configurable Containers and AT Utils, so CKAN install them too.

It seems that Configurable Containers mod doesn't work with Interstellar fuel switch, which included in KSPIE mod... So, it doesn't work with KSPIE for me.

I had to manually delete Configurable Containers folder and ConfigurableContainers.dll from 000_AT_Utils folder to make both Interstellar fuel switch from KSPIE and TCA work together.

Could you help me with this please? Is it a problem with Configurable Container, Interstellar fuel switch, CKAN or just my installation issue?

TCA does not require Configurable Containers, merely suggests, and you can choose to not install it. So what you did does not affect TCA.

Configurable Containers do conflict with IFS in that both mods modify the same parts (stock and from mods) using MM patches; and as both dynamically handle in-part resources, they cannot work side by side.

Both libraries (i.e. dlls) could be installed simultaneously, though, as they don't do anything without part patches; this corresponds to CC-Core and IFS-Core packages that some other mods require.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:12 AM, banditsan said:

Hi @allista,

Does TCA have some debug log or something? I having strange issues with TCA ramdomly turnning off all engines and "obstacle on course" msg in a midle of open field :)

No debug logging in release builds, as it has considerable performance impact. Anyway, if there's an exception of some sort, it should be present in output_log.txt (Player.log mac/linux). If there's nothing of the sort, it may be an incompatibly with another mod, or an error in logic. In both cases I need to see with my own eyes what's happening, either via vodeo/screenshots or by using your .craft or save files.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:27 PM, Tacombel said:

Hi @allista. First thing, thank you for a great autopilot. Now, the question:

I am using the rendezvous autopilot and it ignores the max days field, finding solutions later. I was also a bit confused because there is no indication on when the launch will happen, but I already learned to check the countdown by the warp button to know it.

Also, launching from the moon, I try to set the orbit at 10km at it changes it to 18.9.

Thx.

The tooltip on this setting says:

Maximum allowed days until launch. If no suitable launch window is found within that period, launch when in plane with the target.

Also, the Max. Days option respects the Kerbin Time setting (whether use 24h days or 6h).

Launch from the Mun: using Rendezvous autopilot? There's no ApA setting there, no? Didn't quite get this part :confused:

32 minutes ago, allista said:

The tooltip on this setting says:

Maximum allowed days until launch. If no suitable launch window is found within that period, launch when in plane with the target.

Also, the Max. Days option respects the Kerbin Time setting (whether use 24h days or 6h).

Launch from the Mun: using Rendezvous autopilot? There's no ApA setting there, no? Didn't quite get this part :confused:

Lol, have to improve my reading comprehension.

When I talk about launching from the Mun, is a standard launch. I suppose there is a minimum, as in Kerbin, that  I can't set an orbit below 80km

9 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

Lol, have to improve my reading comprehension.

When I talk about launching from the Mun, is a standard launch. I suppose there is a minimum, as in Kerbin, that  I can't set an orbit below 80km

Oh, my! That's a bug. What's more, I've just checked, and it's literally a single litera bug :D

There's MaxApR() in the code where there should've been MinApR()

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I still have my problem even after a fresh windows installation.

Cheers.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:03 AM, MonsieurPatateuh said:

Hi,

First things first : Thanks for your awesome mod ! 

Ok, so I came here because I require some help with the macros. I want to use the "If Else" block but when I chose a condition when I hit "Add Condition", I want to chose (for example) "Altitude" but then, I have a grey window. 

I tried everything to fix this : reinstall TCA / AT_Utils / ModuleManager / the game, I tried all versions of TCA / ModuleManager / AT_Utils / the game. I also tried a fresh install of the game (with 1.4.1 update instead of my 1.4.2) and have installed only AT_Utils, TCA and ModuleManager with the right updates (for KSP 1.4.1) and noway, I still have that issue (I have this issue with every other options btw under "If Else", "While", "When", ... blocks).

Check the screens below (btw sorry for the resolution, this is my fresh install and I didn't change the default resolution).

The "If Else" block.

The grey window after clicking Altitude.

By advance, thank you !

(sury 4 my english im frunch)

Version 3.5.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5

Released on 2018-10-16

• Added TCA grouping to facilitate docking/undocking with retaining of configurations
    • Added the ability to manually activate any TCA instance of the vessel to have, e.g. different TCA Modules enabled.
  • Various bugfixes (including Conditions, @MonsieurPatateuh).

Download 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, assassin master said:

hi! I downloded this mode and 00_AT_Utils but i cant see the bottons to activate TCA

Im using 1.4.5 and i downloded AT from CKAN.I have a tutorial tab at the rightside.

i got module manager too

Need to look at output_log.txt to know what's happening.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.