[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

4 minutes ago, allista said:

For horizontal flight it is actually recommended to turn TCA off, which may be conveniently done with an actio group.

See the video on the Harrier-like VTOL handling with TCA:

Ah right, nice video, thanks yeah i Just couldn't seem to figure out how to completely disable TCA through the TCA GUI. I'll give this a go!

35 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Ah right, nice video, thanks yeah i Just couldn't seem to figure out how to completely disable TCA through the TCA GUI. I'll give this a go!

OK, so i just gave that a go, unfortunately even though the gui says it's fully disabled, im still getting this phantom nose dive input https://imgur.com/a/iE63iKz

20 minutes ago, pingopete said:

OK, so i just gave that a go, unfortunately even though the gui says it's fully disabled, im still getting this phantom nose dive input https://imgur.com/a/iE63iKz

Maybe some other autopilots are enabled, like MJ?

Disabled TCA does not process flight input state at all, so there's no physical way for it to still affect the controls.

10 minutes ago, allista said:

Disabled TCA does not process flight input state at all, so there's no physical way for it to still affect the controls.

hmm yeah I was starting to wonder if this is some other mod or a part issue, I'll try disabling other potential issues

I´ve built some bases that worked well when I used the waypoints feature. Now I built another vessel which is similar, and it doesn´t work anymore.. It doesn´t try to go, or sometimes it seems it tries to do something but then starts going up and up and up... I am playing with principia, but I was playing with principia with my original bases that did work, so I don´t know what´s the issue here. Will continue to see if I can configure TCA in some way it works...
It can hold maneuvar and do it manually with the vertical speed slider. But waypoints seem bugged (maybe because of principia) sometimes.

Edited by Agustin

On 8/23/2019 at 7:02 PM, allista said:

Weirdly I tried running a basic kos script for throttle control, and when I disabled it I got the exact same nose diving force, sometimes with tca I can transition out to horizontal flight and it doesn't happen, but also now tca seems incapable of controlling my exact same plane without falling into and exponential occillation loop, but one in about 10 tries it works without fault, I haven't tried this in any other planes yet so I'm guessing it's something weird with the engines km using maybe 

Has anyone gotten this to work other than the author? I've now spent about 20 hours trying to get fairly easy to control ships which I can fly manually hovering to fly using the mod. It does not crash of anything, but it either takes 15min to fly to a destination I can get to in 3 min manually or it just sits there and hover and never leaves. It keeps checking landing spots, keeps gaining altitude to levels totally unnecessary. 

I love the idea, but rather than a time saver it seems to be an interesting test. Anyone done a useful automatic flight with this? Got any suggestions what's going on on my tests?

Had the same problem. Seems to mostly occur with some modded cockpits, like Airplane plus.  Also, TCA does not play well with engines that have extreme gimbals. Turn them off in the editor. 

The best mod I’ve found so far for VTOLs is Eskandare Aerospace.  Everything I’ve built with those cockpits has been rock solid. 

On 8/26/2019 at 5:28 AM, MaxPeck said:

Had the same problem. Seems to mostly occur with some modded cockpits, like Airplane plus.  Also, TCA does not play well with engines that have extreme gimbals. Turn them off in the editor. 

The best mod I’ve found so far for VTOLs is Eskandare Aerospace.  Everything I’ve built with those cockpits has been rock solid. 

Thanks for the info, glad it wasn't just my game. I'll give these a go, cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Where can I find the latest version? Smd all my other stuff works. Hanger extender, mechjeb, etc

It should’ve been packaged along with hangar. It should be in a folder that says “000ATTools” or something similar. Put that in your gamedata folder

Fair warning, the version that comes packaged with *this* mod may have stuff other versions of the ATTools folder might not have- I just had a look at the version that comes with the Hangar mod, and it had files that I didn't already have in my version of the 000_AT_Utils folder.  

My advice would be to unzip that folder even if you already have it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.