[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

is it working in 1.1.3? i see the modules in research tree, but no tca icon and if i press Y no actions. i tried on a clean install and nothing.

L.E.

never-mind, seems that ckan install doesn't work, manual install is working

Edited by Acvila

Hi guys. I have Realism Overhaul + Real Solar System mods installed in my KSP, and when I trying to enable TCA in any craft (which worked before the upgrade) I have "Low Control Authority" message, so TCA can't control vessel attitude. Do you know why? And again, in TCA 3.1 + KSP 1.1.2 it worked perfectly.

Edited by Alex415

1 hour ago, odinspain said:

Hi, I installed this mod with CKAN and manually, but the TCA icon don´t exist, I pressed "y" but I can activate the mod.

Is maybe a conflict with Mechjeb or another mod?

What can I do?

It may be a conflict with Toolbar. Try to delete or rename the GameData/toolbar.dat file.

12 hours ago, Alex415 said:

Hi guys. I have Realism Overhaul + Real Solar System mods installed in my KSP, and when I trying to enable TCA in any craft (which worked before the upgrade) I have "Low Control Authority" message, so TCA can't control vessel attitude. Do you know why? And again, in TCA 3.1 + KSP 1.1.2 it worked perfectly.

Does it just say "Low control authority", or is it actually unable to control the ship? Low does not mean absent; and the calculation of that flag has changed since 3.1.

Aside from that, Attitude Control is one of the most complex and fine tuned parts of TCA; yet it is far from being flawless. Different ships with different engines have to be controlled very differently, corresponding PID controllers should be tuned for particular situation, and all this tuning is automated through accounting for a tone of ship's and planet's parameters in real-time. No wonder it breaks in one case or another. So I am and will continue to improve and rewrite it.

Still, I've never tried neither the RO nor RSS. And I won't officially support either, becaus if they change something so drastically that countless TSA's adaptation mechanisms unable to handle it, than they virtually constitute a different game. But I simply don't have the resources to support yet another plugin.

Edited by allista

1 hour ago, allista said:

It may be a conflict with Toolbar. Try to delete or rename the GameData/toolbar.dat file.

I deleted the file and the entire mod "toolbar" and reinstall it, but the problem persists, I cannot see the TCA button or activate anything with "y".

Do you have another trick that can help me?

7 hours ago, drhay53 said:

Stop checking the forums on vacation!

It seems impossible. Just imagine how it would be to parse all the posts after two weeks! :confused:

Besides, after 8 hours of archeological museum my mind need something simple to relax on :cool:

But I promise, won't misuse it; I have the perfect guardian by my side who won't let me :wink:

7 hours ago, odinspain said:

I deleted the file and the entire mod "toolbar" and reinstall it, but the problem persists, I cannot see the TCA button or activate anything with "y".

So TCA is installed manually from Spacedock, but you don't see the toolbar button anywhere; not in the editor, nor in KSC, right? Then, first of all, check that the KSP is 1.1.3, and that ModuleManager is installed (haven't I suggested they already?). If all is ok, open/create the GameData/ThrottleControlledAvionics/ThrottleControlledAvionics.user file in a text editor and add the UseStockAppLauncher = true option there.

Oh, and post the logs at last :D

13 hours ago, odinspain said:

i had the same problem, you need to install it manually, because ckan doesn't install "000_AT_Utils" folder. install it manually to work.

6 hours ago, allista said:

So TCA is installed manually from Spacedock, but you don't see the toolbar button anywhere; not in the editor, nor in KSC, right? Then, first of all, check that the KSP is 1.1.3, and that ModuleManager is installed (haven't I suggested they already?). If all is ok, open/create the GameData/ThrottleControlledAvionics/ThrottleControlledAvionics.user file in a text editor and add the UseStockAppLauncher = true option there.

Oh, and post the logs at last :D

I have not this .user file, so please be more specific about the code that I should put in this .user file (give me the exact code because I have not any "option" to copy)

Of course I have KSP 1.1.3  and last Module Manager, maybe the problem is that Toolbar is for the KSP 1.1.2

( SOLVED)

Edited by odinspain
solved

On 6/30/2016 at 8:50 PM, tsuvekio said:

Hi,

Today i have encountered a strange behavior and it seems to me that it relates to this mod as i found the below logs.

[EXC 20:23:17.011] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.HorizontalSpeedControl.UpdateState ()
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.AutopilotModule.UpdateCtrlState (.FlightCtrlState s)
    Vessel.FeedInputFeed ()
    FlightInputHandler.FixedUpdate ()

This has happened when i undocked a craft, got away (more than 2-3k) and returned back again. The end effect is that my vessel becomes virtually non-responsive to any command until i get far from the other vessel again (more than 2-3k). I am in latest KSP version 1.3

I understand that i have numerous mods installed and haven't tested with only TCA installed but though to raise this till i find the time to do so. Please note though that i have tested it without TCA and there is no such issue. So it is TCA's thing, no idea if it's only TCAs... :-$

Also excuse if there is missing info above, it's my first time a report an issue, first time to open the Debug window and read logs so... please let me know what you need to check this further

BTW do you want my log file and if so where? Log file below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtshur3jg8bnoyt/KSP.zip?dl=0

Thanks,

Tsuvekio

Hi Everyone,

Just in case anyone reads that, after the latest update of TCA (and some of the other mods i had), i don't face this issue anymore :):)

Long live TCA!

15 hours ago, allista said:

Does it just say "Low control authority", or is it actually unable to control the ship? Low does not mean absent; and the calculation of that flag has changed since 3.1.

Aside from that, Attitude Control is one of the most complex and fine tuned parts of TCA; yet it is far from being flawless. Different ships with different engines have to be controlled very differently, corresponding PID controllers should be tuned for particular situation, and all this tuning is automated through accounting for a tone of ship's and planet's parameters in real-time. No wonder it breaks in one case or another. So I am and will continue to improve and rewrite it.

Still, I've never tried neither the RO nor RSS. And I won't officially support either, becaus if they change something so drastically that countless TSA's adaptation mechanisms unable to handle it, than they virtually constitute a different game. But I simply don't have the resources to support yet another plugin.

The whole point is that when I turn on the stock SAS or MechJeb autopilot they correctly change the attitude of the ship using RCS. TCA was doing the same thing in version 3.1, but in 3.2 it does not even try to change the position of the ship and just says "Low Control Authority". I tried to change the types of engines and RCS, and at all the combinations I have failed. In any case, thanks for the reply. I wish you further development of the project)

43 minutes ago, Alex415 said:

The whole point is that when I turn on the stock SAS or MechJeb autopilot they correctly change the attitude of the ship using RCS. TCA was doing the same thing in version 3.1, but in 3.2 it does not even try to change the position of the ship and just says "Low Control Authority". I tried to change the types of engines and RCS, and at all the combinations I have failed. In any case, thanks for the reply. I wish you further development of the project)

If so this is definitely a regression. Could you provide me with a test craft that shows the symptoms and depends only on stock+RO+RSS? When I return I will test with it and try to figure what went wrong...

BTW, are you referring to the standard attitude cues in space (prograde, radial, etc.), or planetary autopilots also won't work?

On July 12, 2016 at 0:03 AM, allista said:

Then it has to be a bug. But I don't know how it is possible: literally, the only thing that is checked when that button is drawn is if the vessel has a target and that target is a vessel. And that is a KSP code, not mine: I only check the value of the vessel.targetObject and then call the vessel.targetObject.GetVessel().

Could you experiment a little with other vessels and other targets? Also, what does the tooltip of the inactive button say?

First of all, all but the warp, to-orbit and set target buttons are greyed out. There are the normal tooltips or no tooltips depending on whether the buttons work. I can't click on any of the greyed out buttons. I launched a new vessel last night and it still won't work. 

50 minutes ago, allista said:

If so this is definitely a regression. Could you provide me with a test craft that shows the symptoms and depends only on stock+RO+RSS? When I return I will test with it and try to figure what went wrong...

BTW, are you referring to the standard attitude cues in space (prograde, radial, etc.), or planetary autopilots also won't work?

Here is a simple test craft and a list of installed mods (all they need for RSS and RO). Don't work nor simple directions (PG, RG, etc.), nor an autopilot programs. Again, thank you for reply)

List of mods: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByN-OPCDEVUOYUhrdS1NRl9sYXM

Craft: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByN-OPCDEVUOVUdNWUhwUUFieVk

Hi, first of all good mod, I tried with the last version and was so usefull.

But with the last update the mod doesn't work, no Y or toolbar. I deleted the .dat of the toolbar but nothing change u.u

I'm using the CKAN 

4 hours ago, Alvargon said:

Hi, first of all good mod, I tried with the last version and was so usefull.

But with the last update the mod doesn't work, no Y or toolbar. I deleted the .dat of the toolbar but nothing change u.u

I'm using the CKAN 

CKAN is not yet supported as the new version uses a utility library that is not yet published on the CKAN. I'm working on it right now, but a couple of days will pass until CKAN machinery will accept my metadata.

Meanwhile, download the mod from Spacedock.info (see the link in the OP) and install manually, including the 000_AT_Utils folder with the library.

I've been running into a problem that I believe I have isolated to TCA and mod ships with integrated engines.  With TCA, all engines load in "active" state, and since the game defaults to 50% throttle, bad things happen before I am able to tap "X."  When using the Endurance mod, both the Lander and the Ranger immediately leap forward and nose-dive into the ground as soon as the loading is complete.  Mod command pods that are equipped with integrated SuperDraco engines automatically fire up resulting in spectacular destruction of the entire launch system. 

I have tried clicking "Y" and not, and the result is always the same.  I assume there is a button, somewhere that I am not clicking to prevent this sort of thing, but have not been able to find it.  Others over at the Endurance forum have experience the same thing.  I have a workaround.  You cannot deactivate engines in the VAB or SRB, but you can deactivate fuel-flow.  The craft loads and the engine dry-fires.  You can then deactivate the engines(s) and then safely reactivate the fuel flow.  

How do I get the craft to load with "engines inactive," or deactivate TCA until I want to use it?

Thanks again for an incredibly useful mod.

2 hours ago, allista said:

CKAN is not yet supported as the new version uses a utility library that is not yet published on the CKAN. I'm working on it right now, but a couple of days will pass until CKAN machinery will accept my metadata.

Meanwhile, download the mod from Spacedock.info (see the link in the OP) and install manually, including the 000_AT_Utils folder with the library.

Ok thx

6 hours ago, thomash said:

I've been running into a problem that I believe I have isolated to TCA and mod ships with integrated engines.  With TCA, all engines load in "active" state, and since the game defaults to 50% throttle, bad things happen before I am able to tap "X."  When using the Endurance mod, both the Lander and the Ranger immediately leap forward and nose-dive into the ground as soon as the loading is complete.  Mod command pods that are equipped with integrated SuperDraco engines automatically fire up resulting in spectacular destruction of the entire launch system. 

I have tried clicking "Y" and not, and the result is always the same.  I assume there is a button, somewhere that I am not clicking to prevent this sort of thing, but have not been able to find it.  Others over at the Endurance forum have experience the same thing.  I have a workaround.  You cannot deactivate engines in the VAB or SRB, but you can deactivate fuel-flow.  The craft loads and the engine dry-fires.  You can then deactivate the engines(s) and then safely reactivate the fuel flow.  

How do I get the craft to load with "engines inactive," or deactivate TCA until I want to use it?

Thanks again for an incredibly useful mod.

I've encountered this problem myself a week ago, and now I'm working on the solution. Unfortunately, nothing can be done right now.

What happens is this: on start TCA calls part.force_activate() to activate the OnModulesFixedUpdate routine of the Part which updates all the modules inside the part, but only when the part is ACTIVE. The alternative would be to use the Unity's FixedUpdate message directly, rather than to act as a standard module. The caveat is that modules are updated strictly after the part itself and the vessel were updated; but using the FixedUpdate directly will disrupt this chain and TCA will be updated independently. I cannot trace all possible consequences of that, so the transition from the OnFixedUpdate to the FixedUpdate has to be thoroughly tested.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.