[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

no it actually adds the "turbine" inline with the engine it is all part of stock KSP but they decided to remove it after people complained about if they angle their engines for VTOL the turbine would poke up above the fuselage....     the mod itself is just a mm patch to make those parts visible again.   

I found it however...   

5 hours ago, Vjrcr said:

Is there a "master" setting or some way to set the Keybinding on all vessles? Doing it each time I launch a vessle is inconvenient.

This should not be happening. It's a global setting. But it seems it's not being saved to the file. I'll see what's wrong. Thanks for the report.

12 hours ago, gobolinno said:

Hi!, stupid question I guess but is there any "easy" way to put all functions of this MOD at the start of the tech tree?. =)

Yes.

All you need is to write proper MM patch, save it in *.cfg file and put somewhere in gamedata folder. Not way too hard, but I can't tell you from top of my head how to do it, I need to inspect few cfg files by myself, to get grip how it is handled. It's being a while when I last time messed with those config thread.

However, I can point you out toward SETI rebalance mod and MM thread for example. SETI does just that - move certain parts from one tech node to other.
It does not touch TCA parts as it heavy unbalance whole gameplay. If that is what you want, you have starting point to look at.

TCA v3.2.5 for KSP 1.2 (2016.10.26)

ChangeLog:

Hide contents
  • TCA is now available on vessels that have only reaction wheels.
  • Waypoints:
    • Integrated TCA waypoints and Stock/WaypointManager waypoints: currently active Stock waypoint can be used as a target for Go To/Jump To programs and added as TCA waypoint for Follow Path program.
    • Made TCA waypoints draggablepoint the mouse at a waypoint, leftclick-and-drag to change its location; release the left button to confirm; press the right button (while still pressing the left one) to cancel.
    • Improved waypoints/path overlay:
      • Waypoints now fade out with distance-along-the-path; but they also fade in with distance from the camera to the ship, so that when you zoom out from the ship the whole path becomes visible.
      • Added colored lines that connect waypoints along the path.
  • Integrated TCA with KerbNet. TCA now acts as a stand-alone computer that can fly a ship out of signal. But TCA controls will become locked, so you can't control such a ship. Squadron Mode now also uses KerbNet to establish connection with controlled vessels.
  • Level program and VTOL Mode do not take manual thrust into account anymore.
  • Improved maneuver execution: Throttle Control now takes into account current steering request when applying differential thrust limit. Maneuver Autopilot automatically disables itself in case of inadequate thrusting near the end of the maneuver.
  • Improved landing trajectory calculation and landing algorithm: better support for ships with low Thrust/Mass ratio; fixed rapid engine bursts during final deceleration.
  • Added CPS switch in "advanced" pane to toggle Collision Prevention System.
    • Bugfix: a kerbal EVA does not trigger CPS response if it is on a ladder that belongs to the ship.
  • Added H-Translation switch in "advanced" pane to disable usage of translation for horizontal speed corrections.
  • Jump To now also autosaves the game, like the Land program does.
  • Fixed TCA part info updating in Editor.
  • Added Toggle Action Groups and Set Action Groups macro actions.
  • Fixed macro saving/loading.
  • Moved ToolbarWrapper to AT_Utils and updated it.
Edited by allista

43 minutes ago, Gianni1122 said:

Is there a way to change the scale/size of the interface? It takes up a large amount of my screen making things very difficult. I can't find any in game or .cfg setting.

I REALLY want to use this great mod but the interface size killing me.

Unfortunately no. TCA UI uses standard Unity styles, and currently I don't even know if I can change, say, fontsize with them.

Note that the UI will be massively reworked in v3.3.

1 minute ago, allista said:

Unfortunately no. TCA UI uses standard Unity styles, and currently I don't even know if I can change, say, fontsize with them.

Note that the UI will be massively reworked in v3.3.

Oh I see. Thanks for the reply. Still a good mod. Looking forward to v3.3

Cheers

is it possible to edit the altitude on a WP?  as I would like to set up WP for a particular route but want to control the altitude at each point rather than have it just be set to GL.  I know this can be done, sort of, by making a macro and at each WP tell it to go to an altitude...  but his makes a sort of stair step path rather than nice sloped path...

also I see where if we set a WPM WP as a destination and then select goto the autopilot will fly there.  but can we import that WP to the WP list somehow to build a route? 

and is it possible to save the routes?  as it stands now, if I setup a route it is a one shot deal, as it hits each WP it is deleted.  it would be nice to be able to save routes and load them like the macros.  so we can setup routes and reuse them as needed.  in fact the macro could then indeed load the routes as part of its function.  and for that matter not just routes, but individual WPs as well.  if these could be saved in a WP list for manual or macro recall as well. 

this is the sort of thing I was hoping for with WPM compatibility.  basically use WPM as ... well, a way point manager.  And then the individual mods could all share the central WP database.  the ability to read and write to the WPM database would be needed, maybe this is more than a mod maker can do?  would it require the maker of WPM to get on board and setup some sort of API for WPM that does not exist at this time?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

1) is it possible to edit the altitude on a WP?  as I would like to set up WP for a particular route but want to control the altitude at each point rather than have it just be set to GL.  I know this can be done, sort of, by making a macro and at each WP tell it to go to an altitude...  but his makes a sort of stair step path rather than nice sloped path...

2) also I see where if we set a WPM WP as a destination and then select goto the autopilot will fly there.  but can we import that WP to the WP list somehow to build a route? 

3) and is it possible to save the routes?  as it stands now, if I setup a route it is a one shot deal, as it hits each WP it is deleted.  it would be nice to be able to save routes and load them like the macros.  so we can setup routes and reuse them as needed.  in fact the macro could then indeed load the routes as part of its function.  and for that matter not just routes, but individual WPs as well.  if these could be saved in a WP list for manual or macro recall as well. 

4) this is the sort of thing I was hoping for with WPM compatibility.  basically use WPM as ... well, a way point manager.  And then the individual mods could all share the central WP database.  the ability to read and write to the WPM database would be needed, maybe this is more than a mod maker can do?  would it require the maker of WPM to get on board and setup some sort of API for WPM that does not exist at this time?

1) Currently not possible. I'll think of how to better implement it and will do it, thanks.

2) Yes. When a vessel has no target, and a WP is active, you can push the "Add As Waypoint" button and it will be added to the waypoint list.

3) Routs can be saved inside the "Follow Path" macro. Individual waypoints cannot. And I'm starting to suspect that you what TCA Waypoints to supersede the WaypointManager in functionality :confused:

FYI: in contrast to the stock/WPM waypoints, TCA waypoints are vessel-specific, individual things. Each vessel has its own waypoint list. Even more, these waypoints are local, they're just coordinates without reference body. So if you have a saved list made for Kerbin, if you fly to the Mun, it will be displayed there as well. Because conceptually these are not "mission locations", but rather the navigation beacons, points along the path. That's why they're removed from the path when are passed by.

Still, I'll think about adding common repository of paths to save and share between the vessels. For this indeed seems logical and useful.

4) I know. But WPM does not have a "central WP database". WPM provides an interface to display and change stock waypoints, adding some custom info to them. What's worse, the stock waypoint database is not accessible per se. You can only tap to it via game events, so that you know when the game loads, saves or removes a single WP. Also, as I said earlier, stock waypoints are, conceptually, mission locations; they're not vessel-specific, so they should not be used to program and individual ship's path. You should consider them as a part of relief; as buildings, or rocks, or lakes. They're objects at which you can add the "go there" marker, which is exactly what TCA waypoints are.

oh well...   maybe what I am asking for is not possible.  as it is not so much the interaction between TCA and WPM but the interaction between SCANSAT(ie.) -->WPM-->TCA.

as in I would like all the mods I have that use WPs in any way, to centralize the list to WPM so it is common to all the mods.  basically a bidirectional link between any mod that uses a WP back to WPM so they all share a single WP list, and a single route list.   this can be per save, per vessel, per celestial body, or what ever.  but it sounds like what I was hoping for can't be done at this time.  I have started a topic about this on the WPM forum as well.  maybe the devs there can make it so that it is possible for all other mods to access it as a central WP database. 

WPM

^

|--->SCANSAT

|--->TCA

|--->MJ

|--->Kramax Autopilot Continued

|---->etc.

I guess it may just be a dream, but dreams can come true....

Sorry for the double post here but I figure this would be better in a separate post...

I have been messing with micro VTOL lately and this was the start of my next test.  as you can see in this screen shot the probe core says it has TCA installed.

Spoiler

KSP_x64%202016-10-28%2018-40-55-55.jpg

But when it launches it tells me it is not able to control it.

Spoiler

KSP_x64%202016-10-28%2018-41-53-85.jpg

and all it takes to fix the issue is a different probe core I stuck on top of it.

Spoiler

KSP_x64%202016-10-28%2018-40-02-57.jpg

any idea why this particular probe core would say TCA was installed but then TCA not be able to use it?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

15 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Sorry for the double post here but I figure this would be better in a separate post...

I have been messing with micro VTOL lately and this was the start of my next test.  as you can see in this screen shot the probe core says it has TCA installed.

Hide contents

Hide contents

and all it takes to fix the issue is a different probe core I stuck on top of it.

Hide contents

any idea why this particular probe core would say TCA was installed but then TCA not be able to use it?

Your ranger advance probe isn't connected to the CommNet. That's why it isn't working. 

@Bit Fiddler, I'm sorry, but it seems you don't want to hear me here :(

Stock waypoints are not the same as TCA waypoints. The difference is in their meaning, in the way they're used. What you ask is not possible not because it is technically difficult, but because the request is in fact meaningless: as if you would ask to combine these two green temperatures with those liquid elephants over there.

The simplest solution to the problem would be (with a push of a button) to copy all the locations of the stock waypoints into the new TCA waypoints. Except I can't, because 1) I don't have access to the list of the stock waypoints (so I need to build it myself, the way WPM does); and 2) in which order? I'm sure you would want to control that as well.

So what I've done instead is: you can simply activate waypoints one by one in the order you wish, and add each as a TCA path-point (I'm done calling them waypoints, as it only confuses you).

24 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Simple! The first probe core does not have internal antenna, so it does not have connection with KSC. Thus, the ship is uncontrollable.

The second core, however, has an antenna inside. Instead of adding the second core, just add an antenna.

9 hours ago, allista said:

@Bit Fiddler, I'm sorry, but it seems you don't want to hear me here :(

Stock waypoints are not the same as TCA waypoints. The difference is in their meaning, in the way they're used. What you ask is not possible not because it is technically difficult, but because the request is in fact meaningless: as if you would ask to combine these two green temperatures with those liquid elephants over there.

The simplest solution to the problem would be (with a push of a button) to copy all the locations of the stock waypoints into the new TCA waypoints. Except I can't, because 1) I don't have access to the list of the stock waypoints (so I need to build it myself, the way WPM does); and 2) in which order? I'm sure you would want to control that as well.

So what I've done instead is: you can simply activate waypoints one by one in the order you wish, and add each as a TCA path-point (I'm done calling them waypoints, as it only confuses you).

I had a few ideas.... (about this...) 

My simplest idea would be.. to be able to edit the waypoints(TCA path-points). That way we could get the information off of WPM and use that manually to plot the course. 

28 minutes ago, Seeker89 said:

I had a few ideas.... (about this...) 

My simplest idea would be.. to be able to edit the waypoints(TCA path-points). That way we could get the information off of WPM and use that manually to plot the course. 

So you do want the second WPM after all. Ok, google... :cool:

Is it not enough to simply add a stock waypoint by pressing a button in TCA window?

*and I already agreed to add altitude editing :wink:

14 hours ago, allista said:

1) Currently not possible. I'll think of how to better implement it and will do it, thanks.

2) Yes. When a vessel has no target, and a WP is active, you can push the "Add As Waypoint" button and it will be added to the waypoint list.

3) Routs can be saved inside the "Follow Path" macro. Individual waypoints cannot. And I'm starting to suspect that you what TCA Waypoints to supersede the WaypointManager in functionality :confused:

FYI: in contrast to the stock/WPM waypoints, TCA waypoints are vessel-specific, individual things. Each vessel has its own waypoint list. Even more, these waypoints are local, they're just coordinates without reference body. So if you have a saved list made for Kerbin, if you fly to the Mun, it will be displayed there as well. Because conceptually these are not "mission locations", but rather the navigation beacons, points along the path. That's why they're removed from the path when are passed by.

Still, I'll think about adding common repository of paths to save and share between the vessels. For this indeed seems logical and useful.

4) I know. But WPM does not have a "central WP database". WPM provides an interface to display and change stock waypoints, adding some custom info to them. What's worse, the stock waypoint database is not accessible per se. You can only tap to it via game events, so that you know when the game loads, saves or removes a single WP. Also, as I said earlier, stock waypoints are, conceptually, mission locations; they're not vessel-specific, so they should not be used to program and individual ship's path. You should consider them as a part of relief; as buildings, or rocks, or lakes. They're objects at which you can add the "go there" marker, which is exactly what TCA waypoints are.

For altitude editing, could you use a modifier key with the click-and-drag interface? Like, normal left-click-and-drag moves it along the ground. Ctrl-left-click-and-drag moves it vertically, changing altitude? Might be a fairly simple and intuitive implementation as other games use similar systems (Homeworld, for example) for z-axis control on an otherwise 2-D interface.

7 hours ago, FirroSeranel said:

For altitude editing, could you use a modifier key with the click-and-drag interface? Like, normal left-click-and-drag moves it along the ground. Ctrl-left-click-and-drag moves it vertically, changing altitude? Might be a fairly simple and intuitive implementation as other games use similar systems (Homeworld, for example) for z-axis control on an otherwise 2-D interface.

I was thinking more like middle mouse button, really. Then again, I don't know how Mac users manage with their cyclop-mutant mice :confused:

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Tweaking the altitude would be amazing --- allowing for some pinpoint landings on helipads, for instance (if the final altitude were indicated with a disk, for instance)

Well, you can do it even now: since waypoints have altitude, when you place it on top of a building, it stays right on top (try with VAB); but you will still have troubles with auto-landing, until you fly low enough.

2 hours ago, allista said:

I was thinking more like middle mouse button, really. Then again, I don't know how Mac users manage with their cyclop-mutant mice :confused:

Nope, middle button is captured by the camera to pan the view, so I don't get the MouseDown event.

Thus, left control + left mouse button it is. And for heaven's sake, I don't want to make it configurable! :confused:

Edit: heck! Left control is occupied by main throttle. Alt...

Edited by allista

even just typing an altitude in a text box is fine.   if the mouse thing is a pain.  have 2 options set WP to ground height for a map click or to craft height if you say "use my current location".  then all other editing just let us type in the box.  and I do not suppose even decimal precision is needed even just whole meters would probably be fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.