[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

2 minutes ago, allista said:

I can only recite the prost you quoted:

All settings that you can change in Editor, could be saved as default for new crafts. Separately for VAB and SPH.

Everything is stored inside ships, and there's no propagation of config options to already flying ones.

There never were any plans to globalize TCA settings, as TCA is a part module: TCA on a ship is an entity distinct from another TCA on a different ship.

Funny. I'll check it, thanks.

if i didn't try to make a stock plane for you... :)

3 hours ago, allista said:

I can only recite the prost you quoted:

All settings that you can change in Editor, could be saved as default for new crafts. Separately for VAB and SPH.

Everything is stored inside ships, and there's no propagation of config options to already flying ones.

There never were any plans to globalize TCA settings, as TCA is a part module: TCA on a ship is an entity distinct from another TCA on a different ship.

Funny. I'll check it, thanks.

In the post last year you said, this default settings are coming in a future release, that's why I asked. But thx for the clarification, is there a tutorial on how to exactly do that? 

(still on 1.3.1) I keep having weird problems that occur sporadically.

https://imgur.com/a/Ieiwh

These are all simulations, but that shouldn't matter, and sharing a craft file wouldn't help either because mods :).
It's not always the same build, but kinda the same thing. It misses a maneuver node, or does something erratic. The same craft lands/hovers just fine in other instances.

https://imgur.com/a/MGmpz

I'm trying to find out what could cause this (maybe a time warp issue?), but I realize this is going to be impossible to reproduce (the vehicles rely on at least 30 mods...).

Edit: could this be an AVP-related problem?

One of the vessels with problems is this, but I even redid the lander with Twitch engines, same sporadic problems. https://i.imgur.com/rRfodS7.jpg

Edited by Zah

Streaming auto-tests of the new ToOrbit algorithm based on the ideas of @Overengineer1 and @AndyMt.

Nothing so fancy as GravityTurn does, but should be much more fuel-efficient than before.

https://www.twitch.tv/allitau/

EDIT: still streaming. Mun orbits are most meditative of all to get to... :cool:

Edited by allista

On 3/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, allista said:

I've experienced this bug myself, but I could never reproduce it on the same save after reloading. Can you reproduce it?

It does not, and right now I've no capacity to learn how to integrate it, sorry.

You can try to learn their API and write corresponding MM patches, though. 

Well, problem is that I'm not familiar with their API too, so the question is, what will happen if I use that tech tree with your mod in a career mode?

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Well, problem is that I'm not familiar with their API too, so the question is, what will happen if I use that tech tree with your mod in a career mode?

No idea, actually. I could only guess that they have some algorithm for default placement of parts designated to stock tree nodes :blush:

Introducing the Feature Wishlist for all my mods.

>>> Feature Wishlist (for all mods) <<<

Rules are simple:

1. Open the spreadsheet,
  2. At the bottom find the tab of a mod,
  3. Look through requested features,
    1. if there's no feature corresponding to your wish, add a record and set the votes to 1
    2. if there is a feature that suits your, vote for it, increasing the number by 1 (please, no cheating, all changes are recorded)
  4. At some point I'll look at the lest and try my best to estimate the work cost of the features and comment on the ones I don't like for some reason.
  5. Then I prioritize them as votes/cost and will use as a guide in the development.

EDIT: to all who use the wishlist, It's very important to describe the feature in detail, otherwise I won't be able to handle it

Edited by allista

On 4/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, Zah said:

Edit: could this be an AVP-related problem?

AVP does something that messes even trivial calculations, like determining the ship's altitude above terrain. And that is fundamental to many more complicated matters inside TCA. So yes, first of all try without AVP.

Hi, been playing with this mod a bunch, and I am experimenting with making a vtol go fast (Horizontally).

I am experimenting with the idea of adding additional engines to the nose of the craft, such that when it is pitched forwards (Using the main engines primarily for speed), it can use the engine(s) on the nose for thrust.

I can use TCA to do this manually by setting all engines to thrust only and nosing it down manually - like this, a test craft of mine can reach ~200m/s. In cruise mode, the craft will only do ~70m/s

Picture of the craft, nose is to the right. In this pic, it was completely stable (it held course and maintained alt and attitude), I needed no control input.

uSY9dB3.jpg

Is there any chance you could impart any gems of wisdom? Am I flogging a dead horse here?

Edited by evilC

27 minutes ago, evilC said:

Hi, been playing with this mod a bunch, and I am experimenting with making a vtol go fast (Horizontally).

I am experimenting with the idea of adding additional engines to the nose of the craft, such that when it is pitched forwards (Using the main engines primarily for speed), it can use the engine(s) on the nose for thrust.

I can use TCA to do this manually by setting all engines to thrust only and nosing it down manually - like this, a test craft of mine can reach ~200m/s. In cruise mode, the craft will only do ~70m/s

Picture of the craft, nose is to the right. In this pic, it was completely stable (it held course and maintained alt and attitude), I needed no control input.

Is there any chance you could impart any gems of wisdom? Am I flogging a dead horse here?

Why don't you just place a horizontally-thrusting engine at craft's tail and set it to "Manual Thrust"? TCA will recognize this as VTOL with horizontal thrust and will use vertical engines to hover and change attitude, while accelerating using the tail engine. Like here:

13 hours ago, Xylenox said:

Does anyone know which module has the RCS balancing? I read that this mod has it in the manual.

RCS balancing as well as engines balancing is in TCA Subsystem itself, so you have it as soon as you get it. There's no option to disable it, though; it's always on.

@allista So I need help ive tried everything i can think of and im tearing out my hair. So im running 1.4 and im having an issue with TCA. Its working all my engines throttles are being controlled and stuff but no matter what i do I cant get the control window to open. https://i.gyazo.com/5db9cb8ffe58b98cdca39f7eeea022b4.jpg   The tca button on the right toolbar does nothing but "Y" does activate and deactivate and i scan see my engines throttles are being adjusted but no window ever. ive tried reinstalling TCA blizzy's and module manager and nothing

ANy input on this would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, AmaraTheSilent said:

@allista So I need help ive tried everything i can think of and im tearing out my hair. So im running 1.4 and im having an issue with TCA. Its working all my engines throttles are being controlled and stuff but no matter what i do I cant get the control window to open. https://i.gyazo.com/5db9cb8ffe58b98cdca39f7eeea022b4.jpg The tca button on the right toolbar does nothing but "Y" does activate and deactivate and i scan see my engines throttles are being adjusted but no window ever. ive tried reinstalling TCA blizzy's and module manager and nothing

ANy input on this would be greatly appreciated.

I had something similar running the version-before-the-latest-one TCA release, but now its working fine for me. If its possible you're not on the most up to date version that could be the issue and updating seems to have fixed it for me, but now I'm having TCA struggle to hold my crafts steady and it quickly causes KSP to run extremely slow and crash on 1.4.2 (I'm aware the release is for 1.4.1) so if you're in a similar position you might still have issues.

Okay so i tried rolling back to 1.4.1 and still does not work but thank you for the reply if anyone else has idea's or questions needed to help me feel free to ask.

Know what never mind im tired of fighting with this im just not going to use the mod if its going to be so much damn trouble to get working.

Edited by AmaraTheSilent
Giving up

Hello! I'm found critical bug with someone drill exist on ship with TCA. If attach someone drill on ship, launching and press TCA ""Enable" that cause infinite memory leak until TCA will not disable, if it not disable, this will cause crash game and crash windows, i tried to understand what happend, look logs, but there is nothing unusually, i delete all mods except for TCA, but issue is remain

Sorry for my English, I hope somebody understand me, I registered on this forum for report about this bug

Edited by GoodDayToPlay;

On 4/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, AmaraTheSilent said:

Okay so i tried rolling back to 1.4.1 and still does not work but thank you for the reply if anyone else has idea's or questions needed to help me feel free to ask.

Know what never mind im tired of fighting with this im just not going to use the mod if its going to be so much damn trouble to get working.

It's a good habit to provide some technical information when asking for technical support; namely, the exact TCA and KSP versions and output_log.txt file.

The symptoms you describe are most likely due to the incorrect installation. You're probably just missing AT_Utils. But only logs could tell for sure.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:32 PM, GoodDayToPlay; said:

Hello! I'm found critical bug with someone drill exist on ship with TCA. If attach someone drill on ship, launching and press TCA ""Enable" that cause infinite memory leak until TCA will not disable, if it not disable, this will cause crash game and crash windows, i tried to understand what happend, look logs, but there is nothing unusually, i delete all mods except for TCA, but issue is remain

Sorry for my English, I hope somebody understand me, I registered on this forum for report about this bug

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

Streaming on twitch again.

This time it's auto-tests of rendezvous from KSC launchpad to a low-orbit asteroid. The gravity turn algorithm is new and is designed to be more fuel efficient. Rendezvous algorithm is also improved and some bugs are fixed; but some more may be introduced, hence the tests.
I tried to animate the camera as best I could to make the video less boring.
Enjoy! :cool:

Does someone have UnityEditor-2017.1.3p1 at hand?

I would love to get my hands on
Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/LinuxStandaloneSupport/Variations/linux64_withgfx_development_mono/LinuxPlayer
file in order to make some profiling of TCA's code.

Unfortunately, there's no release with this particular version for Linux (there's 2017.1.2 and then 2017.2.0 and so on), so I'm not even sure if the development player will work with my UnityEditor, but at least I'll have development console.

Note: this file is included in all distributions of UnityEditor, including Windows and Mac

Edited by allista

Version 3.5.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3

Released on 2018-05-10

• More efficient ToOrbit/Rendezvous from the ground with GravityTurn-like algorithm (thanks @AndyMt and @Overengineer1 for the explanation!).
    • With a lot of tweakable options.
    • And when launching in-plane with the target TCA now tries to find a launch window to get closer to the target.
  • TCA takes into account torque from control surfaces.
  • Attitude Control uses Oscillation Detector to quench persistent low-frequency oscillations.
  • ToOrbit/Rendezvous AP can start without active engines.
  • Numerous fixes in Rendezvous main logic.
  • Fixed Maneuver Autopilot logic.
  • Fixed VTOLControl yaw problem
  • Fixed some Attitude Control bugs.
  • Fixed Time Warp control.
  • Improved performance of many orbital calculations and simulations.

Download 

Edited by allista

Hi, love the idea of this mod, and really impressed with it!  - I have been playing with the waypoint nodes, however even though I have click through blocker installed, every time i click on the TCA window it is adding waypoints through the window.  DO I have to do something to enable click through block on TCA windows? (I'm not a modder, programmer, or even very smart - so layman's terms would be great if it's something I need to do :p)

4 hours ago, Reverant77 said:

Hi, love the idea of this mod, and really impressed with it!  - I have been playing with the waypoint nodes, however even though I have click through blocker installed, every time i click on the TCA window it is adding waypoints through the window.  DO I have to do something to enable click through block on TCA windows? (I'm not a modder, programmer, or even very smart - so layman's terms would be great if it's something I need to do :p)

The Clickthrough Blocker only works with the mods that explicitly use it, i.e. compiled against it. TCA has its own clickthrough prevention that works very similar; but it does not prevent actual mouse clicks, just the response from other windows.

In simple terms, even if TCA had support for the Clickthrough Blocker it wouldn't help :(

59 minutes ago, allista said:

In simple terms, even if TCA had support for the Clickthrough Blocker it wouldn't help

Hmm. I think it should be able to help it, if I readed and understanded documentation properly: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker

But, have to ask @linuxgurugamer for confirmation. This piece of info from documentation:

How it works

Each call first calls the original method (ie: ClickThruBlocker.GUILayoutWindow will call GUILayout.Window). After the call, the position of the mouse is checked to see if it was on top of the window Rect, if it is, it then locks the controls so that clicks don't pass through to any other window.

So, if you clicked, for example on TCA gui window, it should not allow waypoint manager to place waypoint below it, or selet waypoint or anything else beneath TCA GUI window.

Changing existing clicktrough system in TCA code, to use properly clicktrough blocker is different story. It may or may not be "simple" replace of existing function with new name from ClickTrough blocker. I'm not familiar with TCA code, so I can't tell more about it, but I hope that you can find enough info for right decision, does it pay off or not to switch to ClickBlocker system of prevention of unwanted clicks.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Hmm. I think it should be able to help it, if I readed and understanded documentation properly: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker

But, have to ask @linuxgurugamer for confirmation. This piece of info from documentation:

So, if you clicked, for example on TCA gui window, it should not allow waypoint manager to place waypoint below it, or selet waypoint or anything else beneath TCA GUI window.

Changing existing clicktrough system in TCA code, to use properly clicktrough blocker is different story. It may or may not be "simple" replace of existing function with new name from ClickTrough blocker. I'm not familiar with TCA code, so I can't tell more about it, but I hope that you can find enough info for right decision, does it pay off or not to switch to ClickBlocker system of prevention of unwanted clicks.

TCA does an even simpler thing: it checks if a mouse is over the window rect, and if it is, it locks controls to prevent other KSP stuff from reacting. The key word here is KSP, not Unity. These "control locks" work on KSP controls, like part menu and so on, but other UI windows drawn using direct Unity calls don't know anything about these "locks". And, as you can imagine, drawing a bitmap of a waypoint on screen and then checking if a mouse click was directed at it is pretty low-level stuff.

EDIT: I want to emphasize, that the underlying mechanisms of TCA's clickthrough preventing and that of the ClickThroughBlocker are identical.

Edited by allista

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.