[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

It's been too long :maneuver:

This is the release of work I've been doing before I had to pause.

But later is better than never, I guess.

The KSP-1.12 compatibility update is on its way after this, but I won't give you any estimates on time. I'll just try not to overdo it once again :rolleyes:

Version 3.8.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.1

Released on 2022-02-19

• KSP: 1.11.1
  • UI
    • Advanced Tab: added Show CoM toggle to visualize the CoM with an Icon
    • Indicator sounds are paused with the game
  • REN:
    • improved calculation of the best in-plane ascent orbit
    • fixed NRE
  • ToOrbit:
    • reimplemented
      • gravity turn logic
      • target correction logic
    • added
      • Max AoA and Max Dyn.Pressure settings
      • First ApA setting
    • correctly handling gravity turn in case we passed suborbital ApA
  • Engines:
    • fixed the order of calculations in InitState
    • added WeightedThrustMod calculation
    • added isThruster and thrustLimiterLocked flags
    • ThrustM differentiates between throttleLocked and thrustLimiterLocked
    • ThrustAtAlt respectes thrustLimiterLocked flag
    • UpdateCurrentTorque sets throttle to 1 if engine.throttleLocked
  • Merge pull request #102 from HebaruSan/patch-1
    • Fix version file compatibility (KSP 1.10)

Download (588.29 KiB) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 10:15 PM, tremonthedgehog said:

Could someone help me I can't figure out how to open up the add or remove modules window do you know what button or keybind this is the TCA button in the editor just opens up what colors i want the buttons 

Colors dialog is opened with RMB, while the main interface is LMB.

5 hours ago, tremonthedgehog said:

thanks a lot

btw for some reason now no pods have tca available

I'm not sure if current version is compatible with KSP-1.12.*

I currently don't have any capacity to prepare an update; looking for a new job right now.

But as soon as I'm past that, I'll resume the development. Have so many ideas for new things!

11 minutes ago, allista said:

I'm not sure if current version is compatible with KSP-1.12.*

I currently don't have any capacity to prepare an update; looking for a new job right now.

But as soon as I'm past that, I'll resume the development. Have so many ideas for new things!

one last question and I'll stop would there be a way to change the config files so that every pod has TCA installed even though this is not the intention of the mod?

21 minutes ago, tremonthedgehog said:

one last question and I'll stop would there be a way to change the config files so that every pod has TCA installed even though this is not the intention of the mod?

Currently all pods should have TCA. Is there a problem with your ModuleManager installation?

To be exact, all parts with ModuleCommand should have TCA, including all pods, cores and such.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleTCA]]:FOR[ThrottleControlledAvionics]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleTCA
    }
}

6 hours ago, tremonthedgehog said:

all the pods say TCA: unavailable

Ah, so the module is installed, but it's disabled. Maybe it's a career game and you just haven't purchased it yet?

I need more context. Maybe the Player.log would tell (just don't post the whole thing here, use GDrive/Dropbox/whatever)

13 hours ago, allista said:

Ah, so the module is installed, but it's disabled. Maybe it's a career game and you just haven't purchased it yet?

I need more context. Maybe the Player.log would tell (just don't post the whole thing here, use GDrive/Dropbox/whatever)

Possibly something that slightly confused me - I play with "No Entry Purchase Required on Research" turned off (ie. you have to pay to unlock - see https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Game_Difficulty) - I didn't see the TCA upgrades in the ship editor, and you have to pay to unlock them only in the R&D screen?

20 hours ago, tremonthedgehog said:

all the pods say TCA: unavailable

13 hours ago, allista said:

Just now, 610yesnolovely said:

Possibly something that slightly confused me - I play with "No Entry Purchase Required on Research" turned off (ie. you have to pay to unlock - see https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Game_Difficulty) - I didn't see the TCA upgrades in the ship editor, and you have to pay to unlock them only in the R&D screen?

i will say it again  the game mode is sandbox not career or science

p.s how can i find the logs i can't find output_log.txt or player.log

6 minutes ago, tremonthedgehog said:

i will say it again  the game mode is sandbox not career or science

p.s how can i find the logs i can't find output_log.txt or player.log

Ah, apologies, didn't spot that - my bad.  For the logs, see point 1. in here:

Edited by 610yesnolovely

The post I linked includes how to do this, but computers are way too complicated. Here's how to do it:

• Open "Explorer"
  • Paste "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log" (stuff inside quotes) into the text box.
  • You should see "Player.log" in the folder, copy that onto Dropbox or some file sharing service (don't paste it here, it's way too big).
  • Post the URL of the Dropbox file here in a message.

The reason for doing this is so the developer or somebody else can see what you have installed, where things are going wrong, etc.

On 3/9/2022 at 2:11 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

The post I linked includes how to do this, but computers are way too complicated. Here's how to do it:

• Open "Explorer"
  • Paste "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log" (stuff inside quotes) into the text box.
  • You should see "Player.log" in the folder, copy that onto Dropbox or some file sharing service (don't paste it here, it's way too big).
  • Post the URL of the Dropbox file here in a message.

The reason for doing this is so the developer or somebody else can see what you have installed, where things are going wrong, etc.

do you mean file explorer?

59 minutes ago, tremonthedgehog said:

do you mean file explorer?

Yup - File Explorer. The text box for the folder shown is near the top, paste that %USERPROFILE% text inside the quotes (without the quotes). There you will find the elusive Player.log

Computers are extremely annoying and way too complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried for hours to get in-orbit autopilot to work, ship just goes all wonky, goes the wrong direction or steers directly into the ground. Ive tried enabling at launch and at 100m/s from launch.

Manually piloting the ship works fine.

Does not work for me at all

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@allista Github doesn't have the latest zip file. Spacedock does, just wanted to let you know that the 3.8.0 git doesn't have the zip folder.

:0.0:

Oh, thanks a lot! I see I messed up my release automation script, and it uploaded the ".log" instead of the ".zip" :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.