[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

I tried the latest release of TCA with KSP 1.12.3 and found the auto land function is a bit weird. It tend to stabilize my ship at 200m and using 0.8m/s instead of 10m/s to finish the rest of the trip. I'm not sure it is due to incompatibility or just my settings are off though.

Also, landing with RO engines tend to launch straight to orbit.  

19 hours ago, mark7 said:

I tried the latest release of TCA with KSP 1.12.3 and found the auto land function is a bit weird. It tend to stabilize my ship at 200m and using 0.8m/s instead of 10m/s to finish the rest of the trip. I'm not sure it is due to incompatibility or just my settings are off though.

Also, landing with RO engines tend to launch straight to orbit.  

I'll investigate as soon as I can the issue with 1.12.3, but I need a .craft file with a stock-parts-based ship that reproduces this behaviour.

As for RO, I never got to install it, so have no idea what could be wrong there. I reckon, many things may. But again, a .craft or .sfs file with minimum of other mods to reproduce the issue on my side would help greatly.

Thanks for the report!

7 hours ago, allista said:

I'll investigate as soon as I can the issue with 1.12.3, but I need a .craft file with a stock-parts-based ship that reproduces this behaviour.

As for RO, I never got to install it, so have no idea what could be wrong there. I reckon, many things may. But again, a .craft or .sfs file with minimum of other mods to reproduce the issue on my side would help greatly.

Thanks for the report!

I am not able to reproduce this issue with a clean install, everything appears to be fine when TCA is the only mod installed.

The issue I encountered is during my test of the Starship Expansion Project of SEP in RSS environment. I only used one part from that mod (the fuel tank, not even the engines), and landing started to get weird.

On my side there are multiple factors that could affect the behavior of TCA, including RSS environment, part mods, height of the ship, and etc. I have not yet pinpoint the smoking gun.

I will continue testing to try more combinations, and I will let you know if I can identify the exact problem.   

And thank you for continuing this great mod!

Upon further testing,  I found that this issue is related both to the height of the ship, and part mods. 

When using pure stock parts:

Test005 ship with a height of 18 meters hovers to a stop at 29.2m.

2ZwJx9d.jpeg

Test006 ship with a height of 25 meters hovers to a stop at 33.8m.

IaAqD83.jpeg

When using SEP's starship pack, test007 ship with a height of 19.6m hovers to a stop at 43m

ffKkAzC.jpeg

The craft file can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq22_Z2fFDpnktBVa_FVWN_wApatmg?e=bZyLE0

And the mod I am using is TCA, mj, SEP's starship pack, all installed from ckan.

As for the RO situation,  I am still testing.

4 hours ago, mark7 said:

Upon further testing,  I found that this issue is related both to the height of the ship, and part mods. 

When using pure stock parts:

Test005 ship with a height of 18 meters hovers to a stop at 29.2m.

2ZwJx9d.jpeg

Test006 ship with a height of 25 meters hovers to a stop at 33.8m.

IaAqD83.jpeg

When using SEP's starship pack, test007 ship with a height of 19.6m hovers to a stop at 43m

ffKkAzC.jpeg

The craft file can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq22_Z2fFDpnktBVa_FVWN_wApatmg?e=bZyLE0

And the mod I am using is TCA, mj, SEP's starship pack, all installed from ckan.

As for the RO situation,  I am still testing.

Great, thanks a lot, that's just what I need. I'll take it from here; it does look like some sort of a bug in the landing logic.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@allista, would it be possible to add the ability for TCA to save engine settings at the point when it is activated, and restore them when switched off?

I've been using TCA to control some unbalanced relays during deployment, and have RCS thrusters on low thrust for fine control, but when I switch TCA off they are back to 100% and have to be reset every time.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.