[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

is there any way to disable the automatic landing gear ?

or could you please add a button to switch between automatic/manual landing gear ?

thanks

There is the "advanced" button on TCA window's titlebar that opens more settings; in particular, there is checkbox that enables/disables VTOL Assist function that is responsible for landing gear automation.

If you don't see this button, download the latest beta: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l68z8zhspw4k0wp/ThrottleControlledAvionics-v2.3.0.25-debug.zip?dl=0

There is the "advanced" button on TCA window's titlebar that opens more settings; in particular, there is checkbox that enables/disables VTOL Assist function that is responsible for landing gear automation.

If you don't see this button, download the latest beta: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l68z8zhspw4k0wp/ThrottleControlledAvionics-v2.3.0.25-debug.zip?dl=0

thanks

but ihe landing gear still automatically retracts if i use waypoint/follow route ...

i use the landing gear as a bumper for low level flying ...

and some gear-mods are to slow to extend before the automatic landing ...

thanks

but ihe landing gear still automatically retracts if i use waypoint/follow route ...

i use the landing gear as a bumper for low level flying ...

and some gear-mods are to slow to extend before the automatic landing ...

Oh, sorry, I forgot to disable autoretraction in waypoint navigator. Will do.

And slow gear is indeed a problem. I'll try to figure something to account for such cases...

Here's the

next BETA version

v23

* Changed the way "On/Off" buttons in an engines profile work: now they are updated only on stage; otherwise they enforce corresponding engine's state.

* Added "Level" button and "Level" option to profiles; tooltips should explane what they do.

v24

* Fixed the uncontrolled ascent bug caused by gimballing of lateral engines.

* Fixed profile update on stage.

* Fixed Radar avoidance algorithm. I've messed it up pretty badly when I've switched to triple SphereCast. That's why ducted fans were crashing so often. Should be better now...

* Added several buttons to InEditor TCA GUI to enable things on launch by default.

* Minor fixes to Anchor and AltitudeControl.

v25

* Fixed all engine-shutoff-on-stage problems (for there were many).

* Allowed followers to use lateral engines if they're flying away from the target too fast.

* Improved engines' and RCS optimization; fixed engine stuttering on single-engine crafts.

* Added VTOL Assist and Flight Stabilizer swithest to in-editor GUI.

* Improved surface scanning algorithm. Should work better even if a scanning vessel is still moving.

v26

* Improved Radar logic. Now the Radar is partially used (for horizontal maneuvers only) when not following terrain. Unless in manual flight, of course.

* Automatically enable Use Throttle when Vertical Speed/Altitude control is enabled.

* Automatically enable Use Throttle when Vertical Speed/Altitude control is enabled.

* Do not try to avoid landed vessels unless on a strict collision course. This fixes the strange landings in crowded areas.

* Deploy gear on start of the Navigation program only when VTOLAssistON

* Allowed a follower to use lateral engines when it has flew too far away from the target.

* Improved Altitude Control to avoid ground collisions at high velocities

* Disable Anchor when landed; use lateral engines if moving too fast from the anchor point.

v27

* Radar: more rays, and longer rays that are sent upwards to catch the obstacle earlier.

* Radar: implemented converging progressive scan to increase altimetr accuracy.

* AltitudeControl: added calculation of the velocity needed to get-above-the-obstacle-in-time.

* CruisControl: fixed NeededHorVelocity update.

* Added debug display of several in-flight parameters.

Note: this is a debug version which will show CPS and AutoLander state vectors.

allista said:

As usual, I'm asking you for help:

I've created a google spreadsheet with the tests that came to mind. You are free to add other tests, comment and mark existing tests as done (with some screenshots or videos, maybe).

Edited by allista
Updated download link and ChangeLog

BETA version (v36, 2015.12.12)

v36
* Fixed throttle-blocking logic that disabled engines on MatchVel, but not reenabled them on disabling the program.
* Working on the markdown maual for TCA3 in a separate file not hardcoded into plugin:
    * Added markdown parser that compiles a rich-text TCA manual into a separate window with tabs for sections. 
    * Added MAN toolbar button; the button is now always visible and summons Manual by default.
    * Added help button to EnginesProfileEditor.
* When TCA is Enabled, force update active profile, lest TCA shut off the engines in midflight.
* Added exhaust damage safe offset

Older ChangeLog Entries

Spoiler

v35
* Added SASBlocker service to automatically handle stock SAS.
* Fixed Radar issue on landing: added TCAService framework and used it to control when the Radar is working; previously the Radar decided if it's needed directly looking at vessel config.
* Fixed misleading status changes on AutoLanding.
* Fixed AttitudeControl of slow engines.
* Added MatchVelocity and BrakeNearTarget macro actions.
* Added LICENSE file with all licenses applied to various files.
* Changed license of the new files to CC-BY-SA-4.0, compatible with the original CC-BY-SA-3.0

v34
* Fixed two bugs in CPS
* Fixed NREs on engine/vessel destruction
v33
* Tuned HSC to prevent wobbling of heavy crafts on takeoff/landing.
* Added usage of engines' exhaust info in CPS to avoid being tourched.
* Added MatchVelocity orbital autopilot with immediate and near-target modes.
* Raised waypoint icons a little.
v32
* Fixed attitude control with slow engines; and during sudden changes in thrust.
* Fixed horizontal speed control with slow engines; and flickering of needed velocity with fast engines.
* As a result of the above, slow engines may now be used as MainEngines. Carefully.
* CPS:
    * Fixed flickering of course corrections.
    * Fixed accidental landings during maneuvering at low altitudes.
    * Now choosing which of the pair of colliding crafts controlled by TCA will take evasive actions; less maneuvering, less chaos.
* Improved Radar: 
    * When flying to some target (GoTo, Path) only checking for obstacles before the target: if a craft plans to stop before a building, no need to try to fly higher than its roof.    
    * Added yet another short raycast to check for obstacles on course near the craft.
    * Several minor bugfixes.
* Fixed flickering of needed velocity in a formation.
* Fixed a conflict of the attitude control with automatic SteeringModifier changes.
* Fixed several bugs in modules' crosstalk that arised from switching to a new framework.
* Fixed FollowPath macro action.
* CruiseControl: 
    * Added ability to change needed velocity with pitch/yaw controls: pitch increases-decreases the speed, yaw turns its direction.
* Added (anti)RelativeVelocity attitude.
* Added automatic gear retraction when not-landing (i.e. moving upward or horizontally). Not sure about the need of that to general public, though.
* Added progress indication when AutoLander is scanning surface.
* Only set Ascending state when both vV and VSP > 1; should be more intuitive that way.
v31
* Improved attitude control using MaxAngularAcceleration normalization and GimbalLimit; added Target+/- attitudes.
* Fixed some conflicts between TCA Modules that caused stealing of control (you push one button, but another one is activated, etc.).
* Added ManeuverAutopilot.
* Fixed issues with ctrlState.trims and conflicting autopilots.
* Added debug lines to EngineOptimizer.
* Fixed RCS flickering on Anchor.
* Added SetEngineParams macro action.
* Fixed ModuleTCA info in editor.
* Fixed AppLauncher button behaviour.
v30
* KSP-1.0.5 compatibility fixes.
v29
* Added several new action to Macros: SetThrottle, RCS, AutoThrottle, TSAS, DisableVSC and StockSAS.
* Tried to fix Radar issue that caused inability to decrease the altitude in some cases.
* Added T-SAS: TCA's own SAS that controls thrust attitude instead of attitude of a command module.
* Fixed NRE in editor with ShipConstructs without command module.
v28
* Added Macros.
* Added a secondary altimeter that samples surface height using PQS; not requires colliders to be enabled.
* RCS thrust is reset on each update.
* Fixed actions perfomed when OnPlanet status change.
* Fixed altitude update from GUI.

Note: this is a debug version which will show CPS and AutoLander state vectors.

allista said:

As usual, I'm asking you for help:

I've created a google spreadsheet with the tests that came to mind. You are free to add other tests, comment and mark existing tests as done (with some screenshots or videos, maybe).

Edited by allista
Updated the link and changelog

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using stable or beta? In stable there's a button near the "Enable/Disable" button at the top of the TCA window that indicates currently selected button and allows to change it. In beta that button is moved to the "advanced" settings pane.

Edited by allista

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm not getting any editor options or any way to change engine modes? This is on the current 1.0.5 version and without toolbar installed. The AppLauncher button shows up and works in flight, but there is nothing at all in editor.

[quote name='BlueCanary']I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm not getting any editor options or any way to change engine modes? This is on the current 1.0.5 version and without toolbar installed. The AppLauncher button shows up and works in flight, but there is nothing at all in editor.[/QUOTE]
if you are using the version in the OP then there are no options except the right click on engine ones. if you want more options use the beta version post #385

I'm not getting any right click options in editor or flight either, it's odd. I only have the applauncher button and menu, which as far as I can tell is working great.

The only other mod I'm using is Pilot Assistant, I'll try uninstalling that but I doubt it will help. I'll also try the beta version when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...

i know there is a poll but I am not happy with the outcome so far! :D

We don't need any more disincentives to using Kerbal kontrolled pods over probe cores. All command parts should permit full TCA control (subject to tech tree, fine). Perhaps a balance is to link certain TCA functions to command pod skills - so whether the core just has basic SAS or can orient to manuevre nodes etc, and for Kerbals, use pilot skill.

Edited by CorBlimey

I set my SRB's to Manual, and my others to main engine.... It kept shutting my srbs off.. Then I tried to switch it back in teh vab, every time I launch, they switch back to the old configuration.. what am I missing? Is there a way to turn off SRB controlls? It feels a little Cheaty regardless.. lol

Edited by Talavar

21 hours ago, Talavar said:

I set my SRB's to Manual, and my others to main engine.... It kept shutting my srbs off.. Then I tried to switch it back in teh vab, every time I launch, they switch back to the old configuration.. what am I missing? Is there a way to turn off SRB controlls? It feels a little Cheaty regardless.. lol

Which version are you using? Try the 2.3.0.36 debug at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HxOpOubl5kEmLEk7Fxk1X3a0x10k_FZ0U_yqRGItiBo/edit#gid=0 , also, is TCA turned on or off?  

5 hours ago, smjjames said:

Which version are you using? Try the 2.3.0.36 debug at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HxOpOubl5kEmLEk7Fxk1X3a0x10k_FZ0U_yqRGItiBo/edit#gid=0 , also, is TCA turned on or off?  

I was using the latest beta, it was turned on. I switched to latest stable version and it's fine now.

30 minutes ago, Talavar said:

I was using the latest beta, it was turned on. I switched to latest stable version and it's fine now.

Hm, should investigate that....

Edit: Could you post the craft file if it's mostly stock? Or what mods are used?

Edited by smjjames

14 hours ago, smjjames said:

Hm, should investigate that....

Edit: Could you post the craft file if it's mostly stock? Or what mods are used?

Unfortunately The craft file has been overwritten. The only part on the ship that wasn't stock was a mechjeb module. My other installed mods are: ACtive texture managment, Boulder co Atmospheric mod, Extra planetary launchpads, Kerbal joint reinforcement, Kopernicus, Kplus, INfernal robotics, Outer planets, planet shine, Soundtrack editor, and Water sounds. Not sure if any of those will matter since there was no "part" from any of them placed on the ship. Perhaps a mechjeb conflict? The only other mod that would have had an active bearing on it was KJR but I don't think that would matter since it just changes the strength of the connection nodes. I may switch back later after your next beta release and give it a shot. IF problems arise, I'll Post all info immediately with a video and detailed description.

Edited by Talavar

3 hours ago, Talavar said:

Unfortunately The craft file has been overwritten. The only part on the ship that wasn't stock was a mechjeb module. My other installed mods are: ACtive texture managment, Boulder co Atmospheric mod, Extra planetary launchpads, Kerbal joint reinforcement, Kopernicus, Kplus, INfernal robotics, Outer planets, planet shine, Soundtrack editor, and Water sounds. Not sure if any of those will matter since there was no "part" from any of them placed on the ship. Perhaps a mechjeb conflict? The only other mod that would have had an active bearing on it was KJR but I don't think that would matter since it just changes the strength of the connection nodes. I may switch back later after your next beta release and give it a shot. IF problems arise, I'll Post all info immediately with a video and detailed description.

None of those should cause problems to my knowledge, and okay on giving more info next time around.

I'll try to see if I can reproduce it myself, but wanted to see if you were using the latest beta and was wondering about the craft first.

Edit: Do you remember what settings you had on? Because I just tried it with TCA on but no other functions on and it worked normally.

Edited by smjjames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.