[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

8 hours ago, wgering said:

@allista Firstly, thanks for this awesome mod. It makes my shuttle flights so much easier than when I had to manually babysit the thrust limiter.

I do have one relatively minor quibble: is it possible to change the status colors of the various buttons/toggles? The default yellow off/green on that many of them use is very difficult for me (and I suspect other people who are red/green colorblind) to distinguish between. It's particularly annoying not being able to tell at a glance what T-SAS is set to, which has led to a few rapid unplanned disassemblies...

Thanks for your feedback!

It is possible. (I assume you're using the latest version of TCA).

For that you need to create a user configuration file:

GameData/000_AT_Utils.user

And add the following there, changing colors accordingly:

StylesConfig
{
	//available colors: normal (meaning white), grey, red, dark_red, green, dark_green, yellow, dark_yellow, cyan, magenta
	EnabledButtonColor = green
	ActiveButtonColor = yellow
	InactiveButtonColor = grey
	ConfirmButtonColor = green
	AddButtonColor = green
	CloseButtonColor = red
	DangerButtonColor = red
}

Do note, that due to a bug in AT_Utils this file have to be located directly in the GameData folder. In the next release* I'll fix that and the file will have to be moved inside the 000_AT_Utils folder, where it belongs.

Spoiler

*If you don't want to wait, just move all GameData/000_AT_Utils/*.dll files and the GameData/000_AT_Utils/PluginData folder into the GameData/000_AT_Utils/Plugins subfolder (which you need to create first). Then the .user file will be searched for in the GameData/000_AT_Utils, and the final folder structure should be looking like this:

WvJ4DLf.png

Edited by allista

TCA v3.2.2 for KSP 1.1.3 (2016.08.16)

ChangeLog:

Hide contents
  • Bugfixes:
    • TCA no longer activates a part where it is installed (parts that combine command module with engines should work fine now).
    • Fixed incompatibility with RealismOvehaul.
    • Fixed and improved initial trajectory calculation in DeorbitAutopilot/BallisticJump.
    • In career game: locked maneuver nodes no longer cause NREs in ToOrbit autopilot.
  • Improved orbital landing algorithm; should work better with both stock and FAR aerodynamics.
  • TCA is now aware of PersistentRotation and will wait for the ship to stop rotation before entering the TimeWarp.
  • Added "Status" page to TCA Manual. It shows a warning if TCA is installed improperly. And in career mode it displays purchased TCA modules (including the main subsystem) and their statuses.

4 hours ago, allista said:

TCA v3.2.2 for KSP 1.1.3 (2016.08.16)

ChangeLog:

Hide contents
  • Bugfixes:
    • TCA no longer activates a part where it is installed (parts that combine command module with engines should work fine now).
    • Fixed incompatibility with RealismOvehaul.
    • Fixed and improved initial trajectory calculation in DeorbitAutopilot/BallisticJump.
    • In career game: locked maneuver nodes no longer cause NREs in ToOrbit autopilot.
  • Improved orbital landing algorithm; should work better with both stock and FAR aerodynamics.
  • TCA is now aware of PersistentRotation and will wait for the ship to stop rotation before entering the TimeWarp.
  • Added "Status" page to TCA Manual. It shows a warning if TCA is installed improperly. And in career mode it displays purchased TCA modules (including the main subsystem) and their statuses.

I just installed this update to my game, making sure to remove TCA from gamedata before doing so, but now even with it installed, it doesn't look like TCA is even showing up in game. I can see the tech tree nodes that contain the TCA  "nodes" but in editor there are no engine group buttons and in flight there's no TCA button in the toolbar or on the side.

1 minute ago, secretly_asian said:

I just installed this update to my game, making sure to remove TCA from gamedata before doing so, but now even with it installed, it doesn't look like TCA is even showing up in game. I can see the tech tree nodes that contain the TCA  "nodes" but in editor there are no engine group buttons and in flight there's no TCA button in the toolbar or on the side.

Please, share the logs; the most likely cause is improper installation. Have you installed the AT_Utils bundled within the archive?

Just now, allista said:

Please, share the logs; the most likely cause is improper installation. Have you installed the AT_Utils bundled within the archive?

Yes, I installed AT_Utils bundled with it. Where should I pull the logs from?

And also, I do have the most recent module manager

Just now, secretly_asian said:

Yes, I installed AT_Utils bundled with it. Where should I pull the logs from?

And also, I do have the most recent module manager

It's a pain to maintain code in separate libraries :confused:

Logs are: 

• Windows (32-bit): {KSP}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64-bit): {KSP}\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log. Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

9 minutes ago, allista said:

It's a pain to maintain code in separate libraries :confused:

Logs are: 

• Windows (32-bit): {KSP}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64-bit): {KSP}\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log. Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Uhh... thats a pretty big file to copy and paste, how can i just send to you instead?

Just now, secretly_asian said:

Uhh... thats a pretty big file to copy and paste, how can i just send to you instead?

You may use some service like Dropbox/GoogleDrive, and it's best to zip it to save bandwidth. Alternatively, you may use the http://pastebin.com/

But I think I understand where I made a mistake. I'll post the updated TCA .dll in a bit...

Here, try this: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eqoavk6tpkumom/ThrottleControlledAvionics.dll?dl=0

Replace with it the GameData/ThrottleControlledAvionics/Plugins/ThrottleControlledAvionics.dll

I've reuploaded the correct version.

The version number stays the same, so

You need to reinstall, if you have updated already.

I'm terribly sorry about this mess!

@secretly_asian, thanks a lot for the report!!!

I knew I would screw something up today with that migraine ;.;

And I need to update my release-building scripts to ensure this will never happen again.

Edited by allista

10 hours ago, Draconomial said:

No error reports come up, but TCA has conflicts with Free Mechjeb Embedded Universal. In Career mode, mechjeb is unlocked through TAC, it seems.

It seems totally impossible from TCA side. But I need to look at FMEU configs to see what's happening. Anyway, you better copy that report to their thread as well.

6 minutes ago, Thegamer211 said:

I cannot get TCA to show up in the game at all. I have TCA and AT-utils installed, and even deleted them and reinstalled both again.

I install the mod via CKAN btw.

Here's the output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/syzbpo9k2mxvkp0/output_log.txt?dl=1

I had the same, i reinstalled it manually from spacedock and then it worked

6 minutes ago, Thegamer211 said:

I cannot get TCA to show up in the game at all. I have TCA and AT-utils installed, and even deleted them and reinstalled both again.

I install the mod via CKAN btw.

Here's the output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/syzbpo9k2mxvkp0/output_log.txt?dl=1

The log says that:

1) You don't have GameData/000_AT_Utils  folder, hence you don't have AT_Utils installed.

2) You have the older version of TCA: v3.2.1.1

4 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

I had the same, i reinstalled it manually from spacedock and then it worked

So it seems CKAN somehow installs it wrong again. Which is strange, for the versions of both mods are reported correctly by CKAN. I'll have to investigate...

Hi to all, my first time posting, and first time using this mod. just want to say this a great tool and thank you to the creators, So here is my question, why does my rocket engines cut out when i use ToOrbit, i have been messing around with the engine modes and i cant seem to get it, every time i launch the engines throttle themselves down to 0 at around 500 meters, can anyone help me out with a tutorial or a simple explanation on how to properly configure the engine  modes, because the TCA tut doesnt really specify, i would greatly appreciate it. 

That is weird, because I had the AT Utils folder in gamedata and it had files inside.

Anyways, I manually installed from Spacedock and it works perfectly now.

EDIT: In older versions you could turn TCA on and keep SAS on, but now it gets turned off. Why?

Edited by Thegamer211

4 hours ago, Thegamer211 said:

That is weird, because I had the AT Utils folder in gamedata and it had files inside.

Anyways, I manually installed from Spacedock and it works perfectly now.

EDIT: In older versions you could turn TCA on and keep SAS on, but now it gets turned off. Why?

I have just made a clean install of TCA through CKAN and all went perfectly well; TCA was working. So this should be some kind of local fluctuation.

As for the SAS, that may be a bug, but I can't reproduce it :confused: 

The SAS is blocked by many TCA autopilots, but as soon as TCA is disabled, it becomes active (if it was on before) and togglable again.

Edit: I've just tested it again, several times. Works as it should.

Edited by allista

Is there a simplified version like TCA2? I just want to hover a craft in place and there are a lot of scary buttons...

Also I can't figure out the engine settings, for my shuttle I just want it to balance the thrust limiters on a single engine like RCS but without RCS enabled (to not waste Monoprop in atmo)

EDIT: Just read the manuel, so RCS has to be enabled? Durnit.

Edited by Bloojay

1 hour ago, Bloojay said:

Is there a simplified version like TCA2? I just want to hover a craft in place and there are a lot of scary buttons...

Also I can't figure out the engine settings, for my shuttle I just want it to balance the thrust limiters on a single engine like RCS but without RCS enabled (to not waste Monoprop in atmo)

EDIT: Just read the manuel, so RCS has to be enabled? Durnit.

No, no simplified GUI, sorry.

You don't have to enable or have RCS. You just need to set some off-axis engines to either "Thrust" (then they will provide thrust, but will respond to attitude controls) or "Maneuver" (then they will only fire for attitude changes, like RCS).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.