[1.9-1.10] Throttle Controlled Avionics

allista

4 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Have you tried it in sandbox or career game ? TCA requires to unlock certain tech tree nodes before you are able to use it's features.

Sandbox. I'm aware of the tech tree, so it's not that. I also made sure to enable the modules first, but i already know that that just gives you a non-functional window as opposed to not opening a window at all. Is TCA working for everyone else?

22 hours ago, Xenophic said:

TCA seems to be working for 1.4 but i can't say for certain because I cannot open the menu during flight. I'm not sure if this is a simple bad installation or a more serious error, if someone knows about the bug, could they please suggest a fix?

FI- I have full access to the TCA setup during the editor, but when i click on the TCA menu button in flight, it does nothing. I have other mods installed, so they might be affecting TCA, i'll try reinstalling with just TCA

Just upgraded to KSP 1.4 on Mac / Steam [new to forums so if logs are useful, please point me]:

I am getting the same issues.  On a save game (Science mode) where I have unlocked the whole Stock tree, a craft that used to have TCA installed and working [all modules] now appears to have TCA in the SPH, and when launching, the TCA icon is present, TCA can be enabled/disabled using standard key Y [icon grey to green etc] but clicking the icon does not show the usual grabby windows for controlling TCA functions.  I've tried a full reinstall of TCA (3.5), Module Manager, and Aquila Enterprises (bundled w/ TCA).

2 hours ago, jimp said:

Just upgraded to KSP 1.4 on Mac / Steam [new to forums so if logs are useful, please point me]:

I am getting the same issues.  On a save game (Science mode) where I have unlocked the whole Stock tree, a craft that used to have TCA installed and working [all modules] now appears to have TCA in the SPH, and when launching, the TCA icon is present, TCA can be enabled/disabled using standard key Y [icon grey to green etc] but clicking the icon does not show the usual grabby windows for controlling TCA functions.  I've tried a full reinstall of TCA (3.5), Module Manager, and Aquila Enterprises (bundled w/ TCA).

Then why don't both of you wait until the mod is upgraded to 1.4.  You've established that it isn't working fully.  So now wait and be patient

It looks like I'm doing something wrong with the landing program (from in-flight , not orbit). It says "landing" but climbs continuously over the target, rather than descending and landing

4 hours ago, dlrk said:

It looks like I'm doing something wrong with the landing program (from in-flight , not orbit). It says "landing" but climbs continuously over the target, rather than descending and landing

I've seen this happen before... I believe this is a symptom of the craft not having enough control authority to kill horizontal velocity so it's throttling up to provide more aggregate thrust and thus more horizontal control, but causing altitude gain as a side effect.  May need to move your vtol engines further apart or add maneuver engines to increase authority. At least that's what it looks like... I too have had tca do some bizarre things that I have no explanation for.

32 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Hey how do I install this manually?  I downloaded off github, the folder contains gamedata and lots of other folders.  Where do i put those folders?

Just install whatever is *inside* the GameData folder in the mod's archive into your *own* GameData (should be a ThrottleControlledAvionics folder). Also make sure you're downloading a release version, and not a bundle with all the source code.

I'm playing in career mode, and have unlocked everything. In every vessel I make, I need to manually enable all the modules in the SPH/VAB every time? Is possible to make them enabled by default?

How can I edit my save game to enable modules I forgot to apply in the editor?

Thanks!

so for those of you waiting, it seems that TCA does in fact work in 1.4.x, it just doesn't show the GUI in flight due to reasons.  It does do its thing.  I'm going to try recompiling it and see if that solves the GUI visibility.

Yes, a recompile does fix that, although it keeps a "defaults" window and some kind of testing window in perpetuity that I cannot close, and draws a whole bunch of debug vectors originating at the cockpit... but this is a bit of an improvement of "in flight GUI completely unavailable."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym5qvbq1lm4qy6e/ThrottleControlledAvionics.dll?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p65xifiukjt9iml/000_AT_Utils.dll?dl=0

You'll need to first install the 1.3.x versions of AT Utils and TCA, and then put those DLLs in the appropriate place, overwriting the existing files.

I am not in a position to provide support for this, nor are these sanctioned or supported in any way by the mod authors.  These are interim "works-for-me" recompiles.  If it does not work for you, I apologize.

Oh boy, how long have I been absent! :confused:

It pains me to see all the activity around 1.4 and be unable to even read the forums properly.

But tomorrow is the deadline of our project at work, and after that I will finally have some time of my own.

I miss KSP development and won't abandon my mods no matter what.

Thank you all for patience and support!

1 hour ago, allista said:

Oh boy, how long have I been absent! :confused:

It pains me to see all the activity around 1.4 and be unable to even read the forums properly.

But tomorrow is the deadline of our project at work, and after that I will finally have some time of my own.

I miss KSP development and won't abandon my mods no matter what.

Thank you all for patience and support!

I know the feeling, I'm under the gun a bit myself these days;  Fortunately it seems that the recompile at least works as a stopgap until you have time for a more proper/official update :)

11 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Yes, a recompile does fix that, although it keeps a "defaults" window and some kind of testing window in perpetuity that I cannot close, and draws a whole bunch of debug vectors originating at the cockpit... but this is a bit of an improvement of "in flight GUI completely unavailable."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym5qvbq1lm4qy6e/ThrottleControlledAvionics.dll?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p65xifiukjt9iml/000_AT_Utils.dll?dl=0

You'll need to first install the 1.3.x versions of AT Utils and TCA, and then put those DLLs in the appropriate place, overwriting the existing files.

I am not in a position to provide support for this, nor are these sanctioned or supported in any way by the mod authors.  These are interim "works-for-me" recompiles.  If it does not work for you, I apologize.

Sounds like you may have compiled it in a debug mode.

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

huh.  I just attached all of the required references and pushed F6 (build)... same as I did for my interim build on 1.3.1 back whenever that was.. where are those debug flags set?

I only know where it's in Monodevelop: at the top left, on the toolbar, there's a drop-down selector that lets you choose the build configuration.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:50 AM, dlrk said:

I've experienced this bug myself, but I could never reproduce it on the same save after reloading. Can you reproduce it?

On 3/5/2018 at 2:15 PM, Jiraiyah said:

@allista

does your mod integrate with this tech tree?

if not, is there  any chance  for integration?

thanks

It does not, and right now I've no capacity to learn how to integrate it, sorry.

You can try to learn their API and write corresponding MM patches, though. 

On 2/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, BlackTeacup said:

Heya! I'm just learning this cool mod and I think I have the idea of it mainly. I can't get Autostage to work properly. With it active and enabled "To Orbit" , once my first stage is out of fuel it stages *all* of my stages one after another. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? It's probably something really basic :S

Unfortunately, I don't think that you're doing something wrong; rather, it's probably a miscalculation of some sort in TCA itself.
*to answer the later posts: stage activation in TCA is separated by at least 0.5s

On 3/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, MaximumThrust said:

I'm playing in career mode, and have unlocked everything. In every vessel I make, I need to manually enable all the modules in the SPH/VAB every time? Is possible to make them enabled by default?

How can I edit my save game to enable modules I forgot to apply in the editor?

Thanks!

For both VAB and SPH you can save in-editor current configuration as default for new vessels -- at the top of the TCA Editor Window there's the "Save As Default" button.

The second question is trickier: find the active ModuleTCA of your vessel (resides in one of the command parts) and inside it a VSLCONFIG.EnabledTCAParts node. There are saved all the TCA modules that are installed on that TCA instance. To enable others you need to add corresponding subnodes there. But you have to copy them from some other vessel which has them enabled.

On 2/22/2018 at 9:25 AM, mikemcdonald83 said:

Hi. This is one of my favorite mods, but I'm having some trouble. Everything works fine, except trying to rendezvous from KSC launch pad. Rendezvous works if I'm already in orbit, but when I try it from the ground, it immediately stages while saying "Waiting for Launch Window." Then it just goes straight up at full throttle, never staging boosters or changing from "Waiting for Launch Window." Any idea what the problem could be? tia

Probably some bug or mod incompatibility.

output_log.txt, some screenshots/video, save file -- all would help in determining the problem.

I'll try to whip up a non-debug build as well, although I'm kind of liking the extra info and buttons and stuff that the debug build provides.  What's the magenta line for?  It seemed at first like it was the pod-relative thrust vector but now I'm not sure...

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

I'll try to whip up a non-debug build as well, although I'm kind of liking the extra info and buttons and stuff that the debug build provides.  What's the magenta line for?  It seemed at first like it was the pod-relative thrust vector but now I'm not sure...

It may be many things, actually:
https://github.com/allista/ThrottleControlledAvionics/search?utf8=✓&q=magenta&type=

:rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.