stock 3 man command pod defies gravity.

Dropbox link for error output

Rant: seems every time I have a working group of mods.. things run smoothly and then suddenly there is a hiccup.

I did a new install, and put back all the mods I know for certain are as up to date as possible. I've repeatedly revalidaded my install files on steam and everything seems fine.

Here is the game breaking problem. When I choose a ship to launch that has the standard stock 3 man command pod.. the orbital velocity while sitting on the pad reads 176 m/s and then the rocket starts to drift upwards, defying gravity. Around 2000m it slowly comes back down to ground and crashes, sometimes spinning. Parachutes have no effect. Rockets have no effect. It just floats upwards. I've even removed parts that are modded, but the problem was found to be the actual command pod. Sometimes it sinks into the launchpad. After it 'crashes' back down.. the parachutes are still fully deployed and the program thinks it is still moving. Sometimes it CTD when I try to revert either to the VAB or the space center.

Here is a list of all my mods. I have not touched the command pods configs in any way. What should I do first?

KSPScreen.png

Edited by Wyrmshadow

I can't see your mod list image (or your signature image) either directly in the post (broken image icon) or in a separate tab (dropbox returns a 403 error page).

This sounds quite similar to something reported in the unmodded section (though the user does have mods).

Similar things have been reported before where the command pod of a rocket is fixed in place and launching the rocket causes it to snap off and leave the pod hanging in the air. Can you provide a list of mods, preferably with version numbers. The other user is going to do the same and, if it is a mod issue, we may be able to determine which mod it is. Also, could you provide an output_log.txt/player.log file (as described in the "how to get support" sticky thread) as there may be information in there that could shed some light on the problem...

I can't see your mod list image (or your signature image) either directly in the post (broken image icon) or in a separate tab (dropbox returns a 403 error page).

This sounds quite similar to something reported in the unmodded section (though the user does have mods).

Similar things have been reported before where the command pod of a rocket is fixed in place and launching the rocket causes it to snap off and leave the pod hanging in the air. Can you provide a list of mods, preferably with version numbers. The other user is going to do the same and, if it is a mod issue, we may be able to determine which mod it is. Also, could you provide an output_log.txt/player.log file (as described in the "how to get support" sticky thread) as there may be information in there that could shed some light on the problem...

I redid the links to a public dropbox folder. Can you see them now?

Things were working OKAY (better than in most previous versions) until I installed the Kopernicus planet pack. That is when I noticed this funny problem. I removed it completely but the problem remains.

Edited by Wyrmshadow

Yes, I can see the screenshot of your GameData folder now (though version numbers could be helpful).

Does the same thing happen if you start a new save game and build a totally stock rocket?

Assuming this is the case and without an output_log.txt to give any clues, my suggestion would be to try removing mods one at a time until the problem stops happening (in a new save each time). I would try the following mods first: Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Extraplanetary Launchpads, TweakScale, KAS. If you can afford the disk space then I suggest copying your whole KSP folder to a new place on your disk before you start and then mess about with that one...

Ahh, yes, sorry. There are an awful lot of errors in that log. I would add Kerbal Alarm Clock to that list to try removing (though I wouldn't expect it to be the cause) as that is giving lots of errors. There are also a lot of errors from ModuleLandingLeg (stock module used by quite a few mods?) and KConfigDocumentationGenerator (part of Kethane?). The log also shows that part of TweakScale definitely isn't working properly so I would probably try that first...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.