Who else loves seeing the little "Notifications" tab lit up?

Starwhip

• 4 weeks later...

I woke up to my delight seeing this. :D

M2z4XN2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I used to be happy when it lit up.

Not anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/aU6vBCm.png

(get it? incoming? ​oh shut up)

By the way, I woke up yesterday and had 3 notifications.

Why are friend requests bad? In my friends list, I think only 3 came to me.. (It rhymes! :D)

Yeah, having the notification bar light up is such a nice feeling, though it seems to happen fairly rarely for me unless I'm having a conversation with someone through PMs...

It's pretty much the same thing with the little bell on the upper right corner of YouTube. I'm happy when that thing lights up, then usually sad or disappointed when I read the comment.

Also, how much rep do I need to get to 2 green bars?

Edited by Noname117

At least you're getting rep. Been here since 2012 and I've only got 120-some rep. Releasing 16 new aircraft, all with ejection seats and much improved aerodynamics, was only able to net me 15 rep. What is the secret to getting rep then?

At least you're getting rep. Been here since 2012 and I've only got 120-some rep. Releasing 16 new aircraft, all with ejection seats and much improved aerodynamics, was only able to net me 15 rep. What is the secret to getting rep then?

Personal engagement, and diversity. You've also made fewer than 250 posts in that time, after all :) No single post or thread is going to let you sit back and bask in the glow of the Notifications tab indefinitely.

On diversity--if you think about it, your "rep pool" is limited to fit a pretty narrow intersection: [your potential reppers]=[forum users]x[found your thread]x[are interested in 4th gen fighters]x[think your craft are good ones]x[actually remember to give rep to posts they like] That last one can be an especially tight filter sometimes, depending on what area of the Forum you're in. :)

I think a better metric for a builder like yourself to track would be the number of times each of your craft were downloaded. That's what tells you who is really using your stuff, and IMO is a much better measure of how good your "product" is than fake Internet points.

What do you guys do to get infractions? I've only ever gotten exactly one infraction on a forum in my life, and it wasn't on this one. They didn't really enjoy my sarcasm :D

I pretty much never posted again there. Take that!

I have found that if I speak my mind about certain topics posted here, I usually offend someone and as a result, get the infraction notice...

Heck, those with thin skin here would hate any of the classes I teach in college. Want to learn who you really are? Then learn what offends you or causes you to get out of your comfort zone...

---updated on September 2, 2015 @ 15:29 Z - 6:00---

Sorry if that seemed a bit snippy - I assure you that it was not meant to be that sharp of a comment. :cool:

Edited by adsii1970

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.