Who else loves seeing the little "Notifications" tab lit up?

Starwhip

I have never gotten an infraction. Wheee!

So I don't have to worry about checking my notifications tab.

Only two, so far. They were both within four days of each other.

I swear, reading that message.. "You have received an infraction in the Kerbal Space Program Forum" was the most terrifying feeling I ever had in the forums. And it was 2 AM at the time.

I swear, reading that message.. "You have received an infraction in the Kerbal Space Program Forum" was the most terrifying feeling I ever had in the forums. And it was 2 AM at the time.

I have 5 infractions and 4 notices.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I'm now quite curious as to what you've done to receive all of that moderation in the time you've been here. Ah well, there isn't much point to asking as there is a rule in place...

Anyways, I've only once ever checked my notifications to find someone had moderated me (Given me a warning, no infraction). I apologized and moved on, learning a lesson about the rule in place.

At least you're getting rep. Been here since 2012 and I've only got 120-some rep. Releasing 16 new aircraft, all with ejection seats and much improved aerodynamics, was only able to net me 15 rep. What is the secret to getting rep then?

Post more. Eventually you will say something rep worthy. rinse, repeat.

I've only gotten one, and it was reversed. I know that AHHHHHHH feeling.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel like a third is impending, because my profile has been visited by lots of moderators.. And you know what lots of moderator visits means..

I'll just take Vanamonde's answer that it is nothing abnormal.. and.. carry on.

I feel like a third is impending, because my profile has been visited by lots of moderators.. And you know what lots of moderator visits means..

I'll just take Vanamonde's answer that it is nothing abnormal.. and.. carry on.

Well, mine got visited by Badie, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Anyway, I got so many PMs in that past 2 weeks that I'm surprised when I log in and don't have any pending notifications.

Yeah, me too, only have one infraction that was a notice (luckily) so didn't carry any points with it. I originally thought it was rep for a witty post, but it was an infraction instead :(

• 10 months later...

Ah, I was wondering where this thread went.

I wonder what would happen if I didn't check my notifications for an entire day? How many would I have?

How many would I have if I set my notification settings to the old forums? I think I'll try it.

I love hearing that little ding. Every time I open this page I lift my headphones to my ear (if I'm not already wearing them). Depending on the day, I get between 0 and 10 notifications. I think 10 was the record for one day (excluding me going on vacation for 2 weeks). Today I've gotten three so far. 3 likes of the same post, 2 likes of a different post, and one person posting on subscribed to content. No infractions/restrictions yet...

Hey, I'm close to 500 rep!

19 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I love hearing that little ding. Every time I open this page I lift my headphones to my ear (if I'm not already wearing them). Depending on the day, I get between 0 and 10 notifications. I think 10 was the record for one day (excluding me going on vacation for 2 weeks). Today I've gotten three so far. 3 likes of the same post, 2 likes of a different post, and one person posting on subscribed to content. No infractions/restrictions yet...

Hey, I'm close to 500 rep!

And now I'm out of likes.. go figure.  :)

I think the most I got in one day was 30 something. But in all fairness, it was mostly from the same person that had apparenty just started reading Emiko, and "liked" one chapter, then the next, and the next.... etc...

Oh, and no infractions either... but I have gotten a couple private warnings... :rolleyes:

I get excited but always hope there's a quote or a "[user] commented on "[one of my threads]"" instead of just rep, because I don't have anything to do about rep. I usually prefer to hear what people think of my comments and discuss with them rather than just "[user] liked a post in topic: [some thread]". 'Course, there's always a couple of my pages that are like "[user], [user], [user], and 60 others like this" and that's always nice to see. But a comment is worth a thousand likes to me!

17 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

And now I'm out of likes.. go figure.  :)

I think the most I got in one day was 30 something. But in all fairness, it was mostly from the same person that had apparenty just started reading Emiko, and "liked" one chapter, then the next, and the next.... etc...

Oh, and no infractions either... but I have gotten a couple private warnings... :rolleyes:

That was me:blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.