Who else loves seeing the little "Notifications" tab lit up?

Starwhip

I forgot to include the license in the StageRecovery download (coulda sworn I had put it in there!) when they went through and started cracking down on that. The infraction itself has long, long passed, but that new tab will always haunt me!

Heh. Loooots of mod threads got yellow-carded there, including some very well known ones. I don't think we applied any points to them so they weren't so much infractions as notices. A nice blinking "fix yo' stuff" message.

As to the OP, I feel kinda like Vexx does over new PMs. More often than not it's a rep-up from someone who got tickled by a thread-lock message or clever usage of >ebin maymays, but that doesn't mean it won't be irate shouting or someone trying to tell me how to do my job that I do for free.

Or... worse.

After yesterday's comic installment I had 4! OK, one was a PM pointing out a spelling error, but the other three were all +rep, and it was enough to put me in light green! And now, I can stop refreshing the page every 15 minutes to see if I made it yet :)

Few days ago I opened the forum and had two notifications, both telling me that I got some rep for my comments. It really made my day!

Edited by viktor19
that last sentence deserves exclamation mark

On PC, I know it's very, very likely rep (or a PM, but I usually only get em when I send them). This makes me happy, as I very rarely get notifications on the KSP forums. On another vBulletin forum, BMGf, (and I'm on mobile) it's probably an infraction because I fool around there a lot more. Not really, I just jump to the worst case scenario. XD

What I love seeing is a reference to a craft I've built, like:

Well, the craft itself does only have some 100-250 parts....

And AMRSD has those kinds of trucks :D

Or:

Part II of 11, from munwalk to splashdown.

Also featuring an advanced KSC landed/splashed down capsule recovery team deployment atmospheric aircraft... [thread=124077]that technically isn't Apollo hardware[/thread].

Please tell me this doesn't disqualify my entry? It doesn't go anywhere near space, let alone the Mun, I swear.

Saturn V uses 5 + 5 + 1 = 20

(starting Shooter 4)

Free-return trajectory until Mun SOI = 10

(confirmed Shooter 11)

Lander stored behind a fairing = 10

(since Luna was the Luna that landed, Alehna being practice, I'd say it scores here)

Leave descent stage on the Mun = 5

(which happens here)

Launch escape system = 5

(Orion-style MRS boost protective cover)

Use fuel cells for power generation only = 10

(True with Shooter 11. 4 flew a boilerplate Luna with solar panels. 8 and 10 did not deploy the solar panels on their associated docked craft

as long as they remained docked, running on fuel cells only. 9 "accidentally" used the boilerplate Luna for the Alehna. Hopefully the score sticks? There may be solar panels in the future.)

Use a life support mod = 26

(IF SNACKS! COUNTS AS A LIFE SUPPORT MOD. On the one hand, currently Snacks! doesn't impose any appreciable penalty in sandbox mode, not even USI-LS's disabling of the crew. On the other hand, I am "simulating" the USI-LS effects with Snacks!, in that I treat a deprived craft as disabled, until a resupply can dock in. Kerbals who run out on EVA have to drop what they're doing and return to craft. This is controversial, I'll bet--Greg, it's your call. I'll drop the points if you say so.)

Total points as of Apollo 11 = 86 if Snacks! is legit, 60 if ruled otherwise

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.