[1.0.5] Contract Pack: SCANSat [v0.6.0] [2016-01-19]

DBT85

Can somebody summarize SCANSat CP vs SCANSat CP lite?

I am trying to have game-realistic experience. It will be on Hard, so I do not want large amount of free easy funds, that I suspect installing both will provide.

At least from what I see in the pictures.

The Lite pack from SeveredSolo has two missions that generate for various bodies IIRC.

This pack has specific orbits to reach for every scannable body in the game for Altimetry and Biome scans. I'm working on HiRes.

This pack has rewards that will scale with the difficulty of the mission. On Normal A mission to scan Kerbin that should only cost you about 15,000 tops should net you about 25-30k in funds (can't remember exactly off the top of my head). Obviously if you are playing on hard you'll get less rewards because the game scales them down, I can't remember the scales involved.

I've not done a fresh pass on rewards given yet so if you do play and have comments do let me know.

As for difficulty, one of the missions asks you to hit an orbit on Laythe, Vall, Tylo, Bop and Pol with 5 separate vessels. Each within a 4km window for Ap and Pe and within an inclination window of 0.4 degrees and 0.2 degrees for Bop.

A new version to come in the next week will move all orbit parameters to optional rather than required and have a balance pass over the rewards.

This pack will also

a) not offer you the contracts until you have the parts required to complete them

B) not offer you a contract to scan Mun until you've done some of Kerbin, Minmus till you've done some of Mun and the rest of the solar system until you've done all three to about 90%.

I might add something so that the mission after you've done Minmus isn't immediately "go to Jool" which at the moment can happen.

I don't want to tie it too much to stock parts incase someone is using a new tech tree or make it dependant on having orbited something as the missions to the distant planets take long enough as it is, without having had to orbit them first before getting the contract.

Edited by DBT85

Almost - SS lite uses a target selection algorithm to select from all bodies that have been orbited - in layman's terms it will look at your bodies and pick one at random - even ones that aren't in stock ksp (planet packs, rss etc) - I believe that dt85 has the bodies hard coded.

Rewards are comparable to dt85s pack - a kerbin Misson will give you anywhere between 40k and 60k on normal - scaled for other bodies/difficulty levels using the stock multipliers.

I don't have any orbits/time requirements, I just say "scan however you want" but you need almost full coverage (95%).

Ok, first 6 missions have been modified for some testing,

I've

a) removed the orbit lines that are largely irrelevant

B) made orbit parameters optional, unless they are already part of an optional part of the contract. EG. If you choose to take on the optional extra of scanning Ike while you're at Duna, the specific orbit around Ike is not optional. That might change. Optionals inside Optionals just seems silly though.

c) used the vesseld destroyed function for those early missions where you can choose to deorbit an old space relic!

Might be a few days before I've checked them out as I'm slammed at work.

Yes they seem to behave around each other.

This one won't offer you a contract for a body that already has scan data on it. So if you've already scanned more than 50% of Kerbin you won't get a Kerbin mission for example.

• 2 weeks later...

COntract issue with my first scanning contract ;) I hae to scan Altimeter Kerbin, 498km orbit with 79.8 inclination (avrage values). Pass is at 95%..... Sadly this orbit is stuck at 94.4%.... missing the poles totally. Is that planned? Missing a powerfull engine and having to have the satellite on this orbit I now have to start a second satellite at a full polar orbit.... which means those contracts turn LOSS.

COntract issue with my first scanning contract ;) I hae to scan Altimeter Kerbin, 498km orbit with 79.8 inclination (avrage values). Pass is at 95%..... Sadly this orbit is stuck at 94.4%.... missing the poles totally. Is that planned? Missing a powerfull engine and having to have the satellite on this orbit I now have to start a second satellite at a full polar orbit.... which means those contracts turn LOSS.

For Kerbin and Mun i find that an 87 degree inclination is what works best for me.

As DMagic asked in the Scansat thread, which scansat contract pack are you using? This or the lite pack?

Will update the .version file for ckan tonight for the new versions of the game!

This contract pack requires you to hit 50% to clear the mission because it is assumed the satellite will continue unaided, the Lite pack requires 95%.

Edited by DBT85

Hi,

For some reason, the orbit lines of this contract pack disappeared from my map view, i reinstalled all mods and even created new saves, they don't appear anymore.

The weird thing is that it works fine with my 64 bits hacked install, but i use this only for test purposes, any ideas??? :)

Is this one of the contracts from this pack? http://i.imgur.com/Mpxxxp9.png

Its not detecting antenna with RemoteTech

I have a dish and 2 different omnis on this craft and it fails to complete the contract

You're looking for the Base Construction Contract Pack. RemoteTech changes the antenna module, so likely that CosmoBro will need to add special support to RemoteTech for you.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8.12.2015 at 8:37 PM, nightingale said:

SCANsat has contracts built into it now, so this contract pack should be considered obsolote.

Which is sad as the SCANSat ones are really basic (complete the scan of each planet/body) and this Contractpack was really fully featured (specific orbit required, recover old missions, send one ship scanning multiple moons etc)

I'm having trouble completing one of the ScanSat contracts. Here are the details:

subtype = SCAN_M700
title = Scan Minmus for resources
description = It seemed decent for boffins at SCAN: Scientific Committee on Advanced Navigation's labs, trying to reproduce an experiment about whether some Kerbals seem to enjoy high speeds, while others apparently just don't, that we knew very little about whether brave Kerbals regain their nerve faster than not-so-brave ones. It can't be denied, however, that the way we would frequently see a proper new discovery was how we got into that situation in the first place... This is why we're here.
synopsis = Scan Minmus with the M700 Scanner

I have the satellite in orbit with the M700. The only option is to an "Orbital Scan" or something like. I do the scan, it automatically sends the data to KSC and then nothing. Contract has not been completed What am I missing here? 

thanks,

Andrew 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies again for my continued absence. I've been basically doing 29 day months between work and renovating my new house so I've still only put about 3 hours into the game since 0.9 was superseded!

I have noticed that SCANSat comes with its own basic missions. No idea if its possible for this pack to disable them but I'll have a look.

EDIT: Its possible with a small change to the official contracts. Provided the SCANSat author is ok with them I can have this contract pack disable the official ones.

EDIT2: DMagic has added the changes to the next SCANSat patch, once that's live I can update this pack.

Edited by DBT85

CC-CP-SCANsat 0.6.0 is now up on KerbalStuff and ckan for your enjoyment. 

Changelog

• Changed some contract wording and specific parameters
  • Added a new contract for Biome scans on Eve and Duna
  • Rebalanced all contract rewards (they were a bit silly)
  • Updated to be valid for 1.0.5 and beyond (in case I get distracted)

At this time I can't disable the built in contracts that come with SCANsat, so it you want to turn them off until you've finished these missions then you'll need to do it in the menu that Contract Configurator provides in the top right toolbar. You might want to turn it back on since this pack only covers your early missions for all Biome and Lo Res Altimetry scans.

I'm not going to be able to make any changes for a couple of weeks, but I promise to check back in the meantime to check up on you!

Thanks for the update.

This GitHub Release is not in the GameData/ContractPacks/CC-CP-SCANSat folder, just the raw configs in the zip, which is causing CKAN to throw and exception and fail at installing.

This is the exception although I guess it is relatively easy fix.

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.FileNotFoundKraken: Could not find CC-CP-SCANSat entry in zipfile to install
   at CKAN.ModuleInstallDescriptor.ConvertFindToFile(ZipFile zipfile)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.FindInstallableFiles(ModuleInstallDescriptor stanza, ZipFile zipfile, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.FindInstallableFiles(CkanModule module, ZipFile zipfile, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(ICollection`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IDownloader downloader)
   at CKAN.Main.WasSuccessful(Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallList(HashSet`1 toInstall, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IDownloader downloader)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Graeme/KSP%20Installs/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.