[1.0.5] Contract Pack: SCANSat [v0.6.0] [2016-01-19]

DBT85

1 hour ago, Bungus2Bungus said:

Is it possible to undo a cancelled contract - I accidentally cancelled a ScanSat contract to upgrade my sats.  No good.

Im using the version available here (which I installed through CKAN) : https://github.com/DBT85/CC-CP-SCANSat

You can do some save file hackery (find it, change the status back to active), or just wait for the contract to be offered again (or decline other contracts until it is offered).

18 hours ago, nightingale said:

You can do some save file hackery (find it, change the status back to active), or just wait for the contract to be offered again (or decline other contracts until it is offered).

Perfect, Ill cycle it.  I didnt realize they came back around.  Ill just eat the Rep penalty.  Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, wizisi2k said:

any chance on a recompile for 1.1?  The missions in pre release only showed the very first 1-none after that

There is a contract pack for scansat on ckan updated to 1.1 works great

Just now, Berlin said:

https://github.com/SimonTheSourcerer/CCSCANsatMissionPack

download this and the newest contract configurator.

Thank you :)  I tried CKAN in the early days but I've spend so much time manually modding other games like Oblivion / Skyrim / FO3 etc that I'm more comfortable in Notepad++ and Explorer than a manager GUI lol.

55 minutes ago, Poldi said:

This has last been updated over a year ago and the READMEs first line is:

Stopped in development, please use: DBT85's pack

So I doubt this is updated for 1.1

It works with the newest contract configurator. Also contract packs do NOT need to be recompiled to work with 1.1. As long as contract configurator is updated then it will work fine.  Hope this helps 

Edited by Berlin

• 2 months later...

Question about this Contract Pack:

Does it really have a Contract for every planetary body and every Scansat module with specific Inclinations and Apo/Pe's ?

- RADAR Altimetery Sensor   //  Multispectral Sensor  //  SAR Altimetry Sensor 

for Kerbin/Mun/Minmus / Dres / Eve etc etc.?

Asking cause so far I only got missions for the RADAR Altimetry Sensor even if I have already researched the Multispectral Sensor aswell.

And another question:

Is there a way to "change" wich probe the contract picks? So far I had to finish all 3 Altimetry Sensor missions via ALT+F12 since the contract somehow picked everytime one of my Remotetech Satelites and did not finish the Orbital Part of the contract even if my Sensor Probes where in the right orbits -all subgoals checked for Orbit but the Vessel part did not get checked (it said "Vessel: ComSat - xxx" even if my ScanSat was the one i was flying atm and never switched)

• 3 months later...

Hi, Ran into a bug for 1.1.3.

I had the contract to do the multi scan on Mun and Minmus, where you had to destroy the previous low res scanners.  Did the low res part and contract was OK.  Then, sent a station to Mun, and it thought it was the multi scanner.  When I actually sent the multi scanner, It recognizes all of the orbit and inclination steps, but would not change vessel to the probe, it kept it as the station. Would not complete correctly. In reading the file, the vessel ID of the station was crossed with the name of the probe in the Tracked Vessels section.  The ID of the probe was not used anywhere. Had to unload pack. Have some save files if needed.

Thanks

On 24/10/2016 at 7:41 AM, Gilph said:

Hi, Ran into a bug for 1.1.3.

I had the contract to do the multi scan on Mun and Minmus, where you had to destroy the previous low res scanners.  Did the low res part and contract was OK.  Then, sent a station to Mun, and it thought it was the multi scanner.  When I actually sent the multi scanner, It recognizes all of the orbit and inclination steps, but would not change vessel to the probe, it kept it as the station. Would not complete correctly. In reading the file, the vessel ID of the station was crossed with the name of the probe in the Tracked Vessels section.  The ID of the probe was not used anywhere. Had to unload pack. Have some save files if needed.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem in 1.2

Minmus Lo-Res scan mission, sent the right satellite (Maxwell III) to Minmus, but another vessel (Minmus Orbiter) got into another orbit first.  Now the Maxwell III orbiter is in the correct orbit (all the parameters are ticked off), but the contract window says the vessel for the orbit should be Minmus Orbiter and the orbit part of the mission is not ticked off.  What needs to be hacked in the save file to fix this?  Should I just cancel the contract and see if it comes up again?

CQ9SNSm.png

G'day @nightingale, thanks for the note.  I can provide a save file from my backups.  A bit more info about this - it's not a new bug in KSP 1.2, and I had the same issue with SCANSat contract pack missions in 1.1.3

What appears to be happening is that after accepting a mission which denotes a particular orbit, the next craft to enter an orbit of that body gets assigned to the orbit part of the contract, as with Minmus Orbiter in the image I posted.  This carries through as well, when the next mission comes up requiring de-orbiting of the previous satellite before performing the multi-spectral scan, the contract will identify the vessel which was listed in the orbit category of the previous mission.  I previously just ignored the error and put up with not achieving the optional parts of the contracts, however when it cropped up again the other day I tried again and again to resolve it through save file editing - to no avail.  The only thing which worked was deleting the whole contract entry in the save file and starting it fresh.

Cheers

4 hours ago, WarpSpider74 said:

G'day @nightingale, thanks for the note.  I can provide a save file from my backups.  A bit more info about this - it's not a new bug in KSP 1.2, and I had the same issue with SCANSat contract pack missions in 1.1.3

What appears to be happening is that after accepting a mission which denotes a particular orbit, the next craft to enter an orbit of that body gets assigned to the orbit part of the contract, as with Minmus Orbiter in the image I posted.  This carries through as well, when the next mission comes up requiring de-orbiting of the previous satellite before performing the multi-spectral scan, the contract will identify the vessel which was listed in the orbit category of the previous mission.  I previously just ignored the error and put up with not achieving the optional parts of the contracts, however when it cropped up again the other day I tried again and again to resolve it through save file editing - to no avail.  The only thing which worked was deleting the whole contract entry in the save file and starting it fresh.

Cheers

Yup, this is a case where the vessel assignment isn't really necessary in the contract and just makes it more complicated for the player.  So not a bug (from a Contract Configurator standpoint).

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that I cant change the color pallet on the biomes after and during scanning for them.  I change them and update config; but nothing changes.  Sorry if this was addressed, or is that a SCAN sat issue.  I looked but I didn't see any mention of it.  Thank you in advance.

Edited by Fr8monkey

• 5 months later...

Sorry about resurrecting this zombie of a thread. :/

Anyone else still using this?

I'm still using this Contact Pack after updating to KS P 1.3 although I edited (rightly or wrongly I have no idea) the CC-CP-SCANSat.cfg file to get rid of some of the ERR messages I was seeing in the KSP.log file on load.

Specifically going from:

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
    name = CCCP-SCANsat
    minVersion = 1.9.0
    maxSimultaneous = 7
}

to the following:

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
    name = CCCP-SCANsat
    displayName = CCCP SCANSat
    minVersion = 1.15.0
    agent = Research & Development Department
    maxSimultaneous = 7
}

Edited by wile1411

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.