[1.0.5] Contract Pack: SCANSat [v0.6.0] [2016-01-19]

DBT85

Cross quoting from the Contract Configurator thread. This response was more developer centric though.

Requirements

The first thing to check for is that all requirements are being met. In the Contract Configurator debug menu, press the "force check requirements" button to force all requirements to be checked (otherwise there's short-circuiting for performance, and you may not be able to tell if a requirement is succeeding or not). For a contract to be offered, all requirements should show as green. For debugging purposes, requirements can be temporarily removed by unchecking them to force a contract to be offered.

DATA Node Expressions

DATA nodes by default indicate required values. If the data node resolves to null, the contract will not be offered. To check this, view the output of the expressions on the right hand side of the debug window.

Contract Weights

When choosing a contract to offer, the system will do a weighted selection between all contracts within the same group. So a contract with a weight of 2.0 will be twice as likely as a contract with a weight of 1.0 to be selected.

So, in summary:

1. Make sure you're on the latest version
  2. Check logs for errors
  3. Try regenerating offered contracts (there's a debug menu option for it). Be careful in a real game though - one of those debug options clears the active/completed ones as well (I believe it's the clear contracts option, but not 100% sure).

Point 1, Check. Point 2, Check. No errors in this specific contract. Point 3 ich have to Test. It looks pretty strange somehow. If you want to have a look in the Screenshot would be nice. If I Start a new game it works. And if I copy the first contract into the save file it works also. Someting is messing with the configurator, but what?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3S6YRtGQtcsbmV6d0xQTDB0RWc/edit?usp=docslist_api

Nevertheless, is the configurator still necessary with the 1.0 changes. If I understood scott manly correct Squad implemented that feature.

Nope, all Scott would've said was that 1.0 has Tourism contracts. These are similar to the ones in my Tourism contract pack, but the stock ones have nothing to do with Contract Configurator (the stock stuff is created by Arsonide). Contract Configurator will still exist and be supported post 1.0 release.

Hey nightingale, well if that is so than back to square 1 and back to troubleshooting.

After a serial of testing, installing, deleting and reinstalling and retesting ect I narrowed it down on one particullar error. (See Link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S6YRtGQtcsblRGMWpRd1hMbEE/view?usp=sharing

The error in the Advanced progression contracts between Orbit1 und Orbit2 mission causes that the scan sat contract will not spawn if not accepted earlier on. (beats my wy)

With the configurator version .10 everting is happy.

At this point I lack the neccesary C# coding skills to narrow it down further.

I hope this may help for the KSP 1.0 release version.

regards Michael

I just finished reading this thread and I have something to say.

Can we not just have contracts that say: Go to X and return a scan that is Y% complete?

Is it not possible to make a "lite version" of these contracts, and simply leave it up to the player to decide how the mission is to be flown?

Personally, I do not use Kerbal Engineer or MechJeb in my game, so it is almost impossible for me to hit a highly specific orbit without being provided a visual targeting reference. I'm always in the market for new science experiments to do, and it's nice to gain funds for using them, but why so serious?

I do give thanks for the effort though. SCANSat is one of my favorite science parts mods, and having contracts for it of any sort is much better than none at all.

I agree - I'd much prefer to leave it up to the player, rather than having tight specifications for the ideal orbits. Anyway, DBT85 hasn't been around in a while, so I don't imagine he'll come back anytime soon. If anyone wants to fork this and create a "light" version, this would definitely be an easy entry point into KSP modding for the interested party. ;)

The original dev for this mod has been gone for a while, but I expect this should still work.

SCANsat for KSP 1.0.2 was just released yesterday, I haven't had a chance to test against it - if you run into issues you can report them here or on the Contract Configurator thread.

Unsurprisingly CKAN won't install this pack because the metadata hasn't been updated. What a bother.

I know the license allows me to do this anyway, but I'll make a formal request out of politeness: DT85 would you mind if I forked/made a derivative of this mod to bring it up to 1.0.2? I also plan to make a couple of changes.

If you have a problem with it shoot me a PM, otherwise I'll assume it's fine.

(not promising this will actually happen, anyone else who is reading this, but I'll take a look.)

Edited by severedsolo

I just finished reading this thread and I have something to say.

Can we not just have contracts that say: Go to X and return a scan that is Y% complete?

Is it not possible to make a "lite version" of these contracts, and simply leave it up to the player to decide how the mission is to be flown?

Personally, I do not use Kerbal Engineer or MechJeb in my game, so it is almost impossible for me to hit a highly specific orbit without being provided a visual targeting reference. I'm always in the market for new science experiments to do, and it's nice to gain funds for using them, but why so serious?

I do give thanks for the effort though. SCANSat is one of my favorite science parts mods, and having contracts for it of any sort is much better than none at all.

Yeah matching the orbit, was never too much of a problem for me, but I found the time period annoying. I had 2 contracts that wanted me to wait a VERY long time. The first was for 90 days. But the second wanted me to leave the probe in orbit for 180 days.

Ok sure I could just go to Tracking station and fast forward for 6 months game time, but I dont play that way. I want to keep on doing other missions and not fast forward for months just to complete contracts, so Now I have 2 contracts slots that were complete in a few days game time (Scan 95% of planet) but wont be complete for much longer due to the arbitrary time period to maintain orbit.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the stupid absence. A load of stuff came up and I've been slammed. Only got around to trying 1.0 yesterday.

This has been updated on GIT with a version that CKAN will now be able to install, might take an hour or so to appear on there.

Hopefully I'll be able to get mroe time in the next few weeks and look at what nightengale has done with ContractConfigurator since I last looked.

@severedsolo Apologies to you for not seeing your message or getting back to you. I of course have no issues at all with your work.

Apologies for the stupid absence. A load of stuff came up and I've been slammed. Only got around to trying 1.0 yesterday.

This has been updated on GIT with a version that CKAN will now be able to install, might take an hour or so to appear on there.

Hopefully I'll be able to get mroe time in the next few weeks and look at what nightengale has done with ContractConfigurator since I last looked.

@severedsolo Apologies to you for not seeing your message or getting back to you. I of course have no issues at all with your work.

Aww yiss! I've been wanting this sooo bad! It just updated on CKAN so it's out there now :)

Since I'm very selfish in the case of this contract pack I'd like to point to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108097-1-02-Contract-Pack-SCANSat-v0-5-0-2015-01-22?p=1805510&viewfull=1#post1805510 which I'd love to see fixed, or pointed out as intended in which case I guess I'll work around it somehow.

Aww yiss! I've been wanting this sooo bad! It just updated on CKAN so it's out there now :)

Since I'm very selfish in the case of this contract pack I'd like to point to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108097-1-02-Contract-Pack-SCANSat-v0-5-0-2015-01-22?p=1805510&viewfull=1#post1805510 which I'd love to see fixed, or pointed out as intended in which case I guess I'll work around it somehow.

0.5.2 is live now. Fixes that issue. Apologies!

Just a typo on my part when putting them all in, and since I tested them all with little probe cores and RCS (yeah I flew them all manually!) I was able to hit it.

0.5.2 is live now. Fixes that issue. Apologies!

Just a typo on my part when putting them all in, and since I tested them all with little probe cores and RCS (yeah I flew them all manually!) I was able to hit it.

Looking extremly much forward to once again doing all these missions, but now in 1.0.2 :D Keep up the amazing work!

Any chance of future additions of Hi-Res scans? I seem to recall them being worked on but never implemented?

Looking extremly much forward to once again doing all these missions, but now in 1.0.2 :D Keep up the amazing work!

Any chance of future additions of Hi-Res scans? I seem to recall them being worked on but never implemented?

Hoping to have a further play in the coming weeks and added. Having not played more than an hour of 1.0 thus far and not having played much at all in a few months, it's a bit like relearning a few things! Also want to look over what has been added or changed in Contract Configurator to see what might be useful.

Contemplating shifting the orbit requirements to be an optional extra, and removing the maligned orbit lines that are mostly useless for any orbit not equatorial or around Kerbin.

EDIT: did this for my own save with the first mission last night and was happy with the result, so I'll roll an updated version out in the next few days.

Edited by DBT85

It doesn't matter what you call the ship. The contract system will recognise any ship matching all the parameters and know it as that name, but it doesn't change the ship name for you to see. Not sure if that's been added in yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.