Trajectories + FAR compatibility

I have installed the Trajectories mod on my KSP. In the description it is written that it's compatibe with FAR. However, in game it shows "Drag model: unknown". When i had NEAR Trajectories recognized it. I am aware that mod is made for KSP 0.25.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

I have a similar problem: Trajectories' landing spot prediction consistently overshoots the actual landing spot. It seems to actually use the FAR model though, given its reaction to changing the AoA.

It assumes your craft is always pointing prograde unless you tell it otherwise in the configuration dialogs. FAR creates a better drag dynamic based on the shape of the craft so if your re-entering using the bottom side of a command pod, the drag is going to significantly shorten the distance it will travel than if your coming down nose first. Even still, it will never be exact with FAR or NEAR on a planet with an atmosphere.

I have installed the Trajectories mod on my KSP. In the description it is written that it's compatibe with FAR. However, in game it shows "Drag model: unknown". When i had NEAR Trajectories recognized it. I am aware that mod is made for KSP 0.25.

Any help will be appreciated. k_smiley.gif

This is the appropriate release thread, it has been updated for 0.90

Edited by Alshain

It assumes your craft is always pointing prograde unless you tell it otherwise in the configuration dialogs. FAR creates a better drag dynamic based on the shape of the craft so if your re-entering using the bottom side of a command pod, the drag is going to significantly shorten the distance it will travel than if your coming down nose first. Even still, it will never be exact with FAR or NEAR on a planet with an atmosphere

I do always set AoA = ±180° in the config window. (and then actually reenter bottom-first). And I understand that making it perfectly precise is close to impossible, but missing by half a continent? That's some pretty serious error.

I do always set AoA = ±180° in the config window. (and then actually reenter bottom-first). And I understand that making it perfectly precise is close to impossible, but missing by half a continent? That's some pretty serious error.

Are you sure your running the right versions?

The latest ones according to CKAN.

Don't trust CKAN. It's good intentioned but it doesn't account for everything, like someone else taking over a project and creating a new entry for it... which is exactly what happened with Trajectories. Click the link I posted above and download it there.

Don't trust CKAN. It's good intentioned but it doesn't account for everything, like someone else taking over a project and creating a new entry for it... which is exactly what happened with Trajectories. Click the link I posted above and download it there.

I had a bit of doubt that CKAN might have outdated stuff.. Thanks for explaining the situation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.