What is "Project V"?

Parkaboy

It makes me really sad that one side of the argument is being censored here, while another is allowed to run free. If it's going to be that way, and we can't answer the "this is stupid" crowd, the moderators might as well lock the thread, please.

Great. Female Kerbals. They used their valuable art team to make something that is completely and utterly UNNECESSARY. I would of loved it if they put that time into Clouds, or better textures for the Mun, and ground scatter.

Now, you may be saying "Hurr sexism". WHO THE HECK CARES?! "Herp little girls wont play teh gam jurr". So it's the developers that HAVE to add a female, to answer the minority?

It makes me really sad that one side of the argument is being censored here, while another is allowed to run free. If it's going to be that way, and we can't answer the "this is stupid" crowd, the moderators might as well lock the thread, please.

So we're not allowed to have opinions that aren't your own and have to be censored otherwise? Especially if that opinion might make others uncomfortable? Sorry ladies, but I actually want to play my video game, not sit here thinking about how fun it would be if it actually worked. See, it really isn't about the ladies at all... in fact, I love the ladies. I don't mind female Kerbals one bit, just is this really the time in the dev cycle?

Maybe you shouldn't be so hellbent that this is a good thing, when clearly the game has massive issues that need to be fixed before anything else is added.

We just don't want people yelling misogyny Parkaboy, there's no place for that here.

Hey look CVM, a player suggestion added to the game :)

Yea, but there are other suggestions that would actually aid the game. Like the "Don't use physics unless something hits it". And "Weather!", and "Balance this so its more inline with the game". Don't forget things that would take less than a day, like "Spotlights to the launch pad".

if (timeOfDay >= 18:00 && timeOfDay <= 6:00)
{
spotlight.shine()
}

Although I don't know the base code, this seems simple enough.

Edited by TheCanadianVendingMachine

Lol...it'll be tempting :)

This is definitely the biggest face-palm I've pulled with KSP since the starting manned thing ;)

Is it really that bad? Anyway, I think it'd be pretty off-putting to ptential mod users if you use the phrase "better than female kerbals", especially if they're female.

Yea, but there are other suggestions that would actually aid the game. Like the "Don't use physics unless something hits it". And "Weather!", and "Balance this so its more inline with the game"

Aye, but we're just forum "trolls" so Squad won't listen to us.

I'm not asking for them to censor anyone. I'm saying they censored me because I used the word misogyny, which I still consider is the most apt to describe a lot of the opinions being thrown around here.

I'm not asking for them to censor anyone. I'm saying they censored me because I used the word misogyny, which I still consider is the most apt to describe a lot of the opinions being thrown around here.

Misogyny:

dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

Doesn't seem like any of that by not adding a 3d model, that is USELESS

I've nothing against kerbelles, don't get me wrong, I just wish Max had used a slightly better name for them than Project V. Oh well, Roswy said that "that was the first thing I'd said to Max after he posted that tweet the other day. Apparently, he didn't realize the implications of "V" until then. His innocent brain wasn't thinking of it at all". I'm glad female kerbals are being added to the game, it's high time they were, but jeez guys...

Great. Female Kerbals. They used their valuable art team to make something that is completely and utterly UNNECESSARY. I would of loved it if they put that time into Clouds, or better textures for the Mun, and ground scatter.

Now, you may be saying "Hurr sexism". WHO THE HECK CARES?! "Herp little girls wont play teh gam jurr". So it's the developers that HAVE to add a female, to answer the minority?

Without seeing their sales data, and knowing what edu, etc, looks like, it's kind of hard to say it's unnecessary. Perhaps it helps sales in some demographics, or perhaps edu customers have asked for it. Business decisions are entirely legitimate. No bucks, no Buck Rogers, as they say.

I just informed my daughter, and she is excited to see them. She's played a little, and already likes kerbals as creatures. My son doesn't care one way or another (he's played a little, too, when I can get him away from Minecraft), but he said something to his sister like "now they have girls for you to play!" YMMV. My daughter's not super princessy, either, she's more the batgirl type (with combat boots). First thing she did in mine craft was to find skins, even though she never sees herself in minecraft (usually girls, but not girly, if that makes sense).

It's not a feature I care about at all gameplay wise, obviously, but so what. This is far less of an issue than the destructible buildings to me (something I have yet to see in actual play).

Agreed. If they don't it being called what it is. They should go ahead and shut down the discussion now because while a few of the ones opposed to this have valid concerns on Squad's time. The others look like something that would normally have a twitter hashtag next to it.

Nitrous, you are not just when you question and moan the direction of the game that you become trolls.

The Devs are working on a lot of different things at the same time, the other big one the Aerodynamics overhaul was already announced and this is the next announcement. For all we know the Devs could be hard at work on what you want and it just has not been announced yet. Just know that it will be fixed eventually.

Also If you want to think of it both sexes are being added in this update. Because the name generator has given me both female and male names before so the current Kerbals were androgynous and this announcement has both male and female in it.

Kerbonauts. This was only one feature announcement. It's not as if this will be all that is included in the next release.

You are correct, but the fact that this feature is the one that was announced is astonishing. I would rather something else to be announced. If this wasn't the feature that seems to be hording the spotlight, I would personally be less angry.

Is it really that bad?

Remains to be seen. This has the potential to be rather weird, and open up a whole can of worms with regards to gender bias that didn't previously exist, having Squad making additional changes ad nauseum to address one complaint or another. What roles do the female Kerbals play within the space program? Do they visually reinforces gender stereotypes? Are they equally represented in both management and astronaut positions?

Previously, as far as I'm concerned, there was no gender issue in KSP. Now there potentially is one which can turn this into an ongoing issue.

Anyway, I think it'd be pretty off-putting to ptential mod users if you use the phrase "better than female kerbals", especially if they're female.

Hehe...no, it's amusing but I wouldn't actually do it :)