[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

OSE Workshop 0.10.0 has just been released

- Fixed a bug that caused Workshop to determine the wrong maximum part size

- Added category filter for "none" to show mod parts in custom category filters

- Added inventory preference module to all inventories to allow the selection of favoured invetories. (All Inventories except the crew will have a "favor inventory" context action if a workshop is present on the vessel. When storing a finished part the Workshop will try to place the item in the favored inventories fist and than try the others)

Awesome!! Thank you for the update, Obi! :)

It works like a charm, and the new features are very welcome as well. I can now continue my outpost operations! My sincere gratitude for your effort. :)

Out of curiosity, I wonder if this bug was being caused by what we thought it was, and you just had to move things out of "OnLoad". to somewhere else.

Cheers!

- Added inventory preference module to all inventories to allow the selection of favoured invetories. (All Inventories except the crew will have a "favor inventory" context action if a workshop is present on the vessel. When storing a finished part the Workshop will try to place the item in the favored inventories fist and than try the others)

WOOHOO! Can't express how glad I am to see this little feature added! Thanks for the update and all the hard work Obi!

Awesome!! Thank you for the update, Obi! :)

It works like a charm, and the new features are very welcome as well. I can now continue my outpost operations! My sincere gratitude for your effort. :)

Out of curiosity, I wonder if this bug was being caused by what we thought it was, and you just had to move things out of "OnLoad". to somewhere else.

Cheers!

I moved all the init code from OnLoad to OnStart :wink:

Hi Obi,

I noticed an NRE being created with the latest update, it happens in OseModuleInventoryPreference.cs's VesselHasWorkshop(). I have a pull request to fix the issue, but just wanted to give you a heads up on the issue. Thanks for making such a great mod, I can 3D print parts for my base now (with some bug fixes in Pathfinder). :)

Hi Obi,

I noticed an NRE being created with the latest update, it happens in OseModuleInventoryPreference.cs's VesselHasWorkshop(). I have a pull request to fix the issue, but just wanted to give you a heads up on the issue. Thanks for making such a great mod, I can 3D print parts for my base now (with some bug fixes in Pathfinder). :)

Thank you for pointing that out. I already saw your pull request and will merge it with the next release. I had the same Issue with every part module I created, because all of them look for inventories on the vessel and I forget the check for vessel or if the loaded scene is flight and not editor every damn time :blush:

I think I found a way to farm funds: find a location on Kerbin with good ore, set up a way to extract the ore and then convert it into MaterialKits. You can then make parts and "sell" them by recovering a craft, container or the part itself. Boom, you now have a parts factory. Preferably you could ship the parts back to KSC for 100% recovery funds, you could make an entire rocket this way (literally Home Grown Rockets!). Quite useful for expensive parts like RTGs and ion engines.

I think I found a way to farm funds: find a location on Kerbin with good ore, set up a way to extract the ore and then convert it into MaterialKits. You can then make parts and "sell" them by recovering a craft, container or the part itself. Boom, you now have a parts factory. Preferably you could ship the parts back to KSC for 100% recovery funds, you could make an entire rocket this way (literally Home Grown Rockets!). Quite useful for expensive parts like RTGs and ion engines.

The behaviour you are describing is currently an exploit and due to the fact, that the mod is not career mode ready. We are working on a system to prevent the ability to create parts cheaper than their costs in the VAB

- - - Updated - - -

New KIS update. Install or wait for a Workshop update (no rush)?

OSE Workshop Version 0.10.1 was just released with KIS 1.2.2 compatibility

- Compatibility to KIS 1.2.2

- Fixed NRE in the VAB of the new inventory preference module

Yozers, I'm trying to retrofit a rover I have but my workshop, which I have used before has

"status: locked" and will not show the GUI, ...? I've used the workshop on this ship before, to produce several fitments to teh base and to fix some design flaws on same ship. =P

Yozers, I'm trying to retrofit a rover I have but my workshop, which I have used before has

"status: locked" and will not show the GUI, ...? I've used the workshop on this ship before, to produce several fitments to teh base and to fix some design flaws on same ship. =P

Do you see the "Open Workbench" context action? The Workshop itself does not have a status called "locked", so this message is not created by this mod.

Maybe you're missing some stuff?

I've seen the status:locked thing before, generally with cargo bays, has something to do with the animation state I think.

A question I pose to those of you who use this mod. I understand that the author currently lists this mod as not career-friendly because of possible pricing and balance issues. That being said, surely some of you have thrown caution to the wind and given it a try? How is it measuring up so far, do you feel comfortable throwing it in there? Id like to hear some opinions before I install.

Maybe you're missing some stuff?

I've seen the status:locked thing before, generally with cargo bays, has something to do with the animation state I think.

It's usually related to, either: No kerbals/command module available; not enough electricity for an acting probe core; or a sneaky x4 timewarp we don't notice.

A question I pose to those of you who use this mod. I understand that the author currently lists this mod as not career-friendly because of possible pricing and balance issues. That being said, surely some of you have thrown caution to the wind and given it a try? How is it measuring up so far, do you feel comfortable throwing it in there? Id like to hear some opinions before I install.

I'm playing it on career, and I don't see any bigger disadvantage on using it. Prices/etc doesn't seem to be affecting much. As for the exploits (like being able to craft items that haven't been researched yet, or the funds factory as posted on the previous page), I simply don't do them.

I installed this awhile ago and just now noticed it's supposedly non-career friendly. And having extraplanetary launchpads installed as well I really don't see why not.

Sure you can break the economy by creating parts and recovering them, but any mining mod can do that. Just play the game rather than trying to break it and this is a wonderful mod to have right now.

I've personally used this on career mode since it came out knowing full well what could be done with it. Fact is, unless you're trying to break the game's flow by utilizing the exploits then it fits in amazingly well. I've honestly never used it to recover parts although on a couple of occasions I admit to printing something I haven't researched yet. :P Point is, if you use it as an enhancement to your career and don't go trying to use the exploits it makes an amazing addition.

"Not career mod friendly" is a very nice term. The current state of the mod is exactly what the others already mentioned. You can use it in career mod and you will not get stuck. It just has not all limitations implemented if you want a real challange, because you can use this mod in it's current state to do things that might feel a bit cheaty. If you just don't do it, you can very well use the mod in career mode. We will tackle this issue in the next upcoming releases and try to remove all those tiny exploits you currently have. The priority for this is as follows: 1. remove ability to print parts not researched, 2. pricing of the mods parts, 3. introduction of a second resource to adjust the cost of printing parts

"Not career mod friendly" is a very nice term. The current state of the mod is exactly what the others already mentioned. You can use it in career mod and you will not get stuck. It just has not all limitations implemented if you want a real challange, because you can use this mod in it's current state to do things that might feel a bit cheaty. If you just don't do it, you can very well use the mod in career mode. We will tackle this issue in the next upcoming releases and try to remove all those tiny exploits you currently have. The priority for this is as follows: 1. remove ability to print parts not researched, 2. pricing of the mods parts, 3. introduction of a second resource to adjust the cost of printing parts

The lack of those limitations is exactly why I didn't get EPL and why I was a little bit tentative to get this mod (though this mod doesn't give as big of an exploit because entire ships can't be constructed at once in orbit). I'm glad you're going to be adding those limits to make it more career mode friendly. Any chance you know when that update will be released?

Sahadara: It is not as easy as you seem to think to build entire ships in orbit with EL: it takes a lot of resources to do so (time/kerbals, RocketParts, fuel). The only "at once" is the final "spawn the vessel" after the build is complete: there is no exploit. You still have to fly every kg up to your station, there is no free mass in EL (except when you recycle a 93.75kg (actually 10kg, the rest is suit) kerbal and get 300kg of kethane).

Now, that is not to say that building a ship part-by-part using KIS will not be more fun. I built a crane on my Mun base that way, and it was fun (though more fun or less fun, I cannot say).

[edit]Oh, I should mention that while it is possible to build an entire super-massive ship with a tiny station in "one go" (hah, that will be a lot of ferrying of RocketParts), I highly doubt the kraken would forgive that. I like to build my big ships in a modular fashion, using EL to build each module and tugs to move them into place.

As to why there are no size/mass limits in EL: they make zero sense in orbit (mass: zero gravity, why should there be a mass limit? size: your station design itself might impose physical limits (collisions)), and when building on the surface, gravity will impose its own limits: you build a 10kt ship on the surface, you had better plan to support it somehow.

[edit2]New (experiemental) EL with a much more fun (I hope) recycling mechanic.

Edited by taniwha

I remodelled the Converter to give it's gears distinctive wear and scratches.

I'm willing to know what you guys think of this change? Too much fine detail?

Here are the assets to replace:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bb6xfdpq863qtd/OSE_Converter.rar?dl=0

H9jkCe0.png

The priority for this is as follows: 1. remove ability to print parts not researched, 2. pricing of the mods parts, 3. introduction of a second resource to adjust the cost of printing parts

What about the ability to cancel the current production (without refund)? :)

Edited by Enceos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.