[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

It tries to find KIS inventory modules and set the maximum part size to the largest inventory found. this is done when the vessel is loaded. I did not yet investigate how inflateable storages are handled. If they are not affected it definately is a bug. I will take a look at that. can you give me a concrete example of a part and its mod that is not affected?

For me the WildblueIndustry Buffalo's Wagon Cab and the Pathfinder's Chuckwagon on Storage, each got bigger inventory space when inflated, around 12600 and 31400 respectivly.

Some extra info, The chuckwagon cant be inflated VAB and other then Storage Template it starts with initial inventory size of 2000, and the Wagon CAb cant be accessed IVA )

I already have another fix for my purposes, but instead of setting MaxPartsized from biggest inventory at the start, but run from selecting favourate inventory?

I was already moving some initialization from the load / start events to the "Open Workbench" action, to have those values up tp date. I will move the inventory size detection there as well. This should resolve this Issue and alwas give you the latest values.

If I use this with infinite fuel, do I have infinite parts

I have no Idea. As far as i know infinite fuel only allows infinite use of Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer. It does not prevent your vessel from draining any other resource. If it does, than you have unlimited parts

otherwise make a map inside the Gamedata called Spodershibe for example. Make a text file test.cfg and copy paste this code, its should give the workshop extremely good efficiency on the material kits, but technicly not unlimited, unless you recycle again

Am away from my game computer, so i cant verify for myself, but it would work, if it doesn't just remove test.cfg

@PART[OSE_Workshop]
{
@MODULE[OseModuleWorkshop]
{
@ConversionRate = 0.0001
}
}

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I have a feeling that when considering whether inflatables can be built or not, the workshop is considering the inflated volume. I'm trying to get some UKS MK-V parts built on site, and even with the fabricator module with 4000L volume, the only parts available are the utilities, non-inflatable modules.

[quote name='Badsector']I have try the pre-release and work with 1.05, the problem is the plugin ignore "InputResource = RocketParts" and continue to search for MaterialKits[/QUOTE]

That is because of the new recipe system. Look for the OSE_Recipes.cfg file and change the value in the OSE_DefaultRecipe node.

[COLOR=#008000][B][SIZE=3]OSE Workshop Version 0.11.0 has just been released

[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*]OSE Workshop is no longer dependent on a specific version of KIS. => Updating KIS should no longer break OSE Workshop
[*]Implemented multi resource system
[LIST]
[*]Parts can require multiple resources to be created
[*]Default recipe is still MaterialKits only
[*]Introduced RareMetals and ExoticMinerals as new Resources to support the multi resource system
[*]Introduced Dirt as new mineable resource. Dirt can be converted to RareMetals and ExoticMinerals using the Material Extractor
[/LIST]

[*]Ablator and SolidFuel can be 3D printed using Ore as resource. That means, that parts containing those two resources will be printed with the MaxAmount of those resources available.
[*]Engines require MaterialKits and RareMetals to be constructed
[*]Command Modules require MaterialKits and ExoticMinerals to be constructed
[*]Science Experiments require MaterialKits, RareMetals and ExoticMinerals to be constructed
[*]It is no longer possible to make money with the workshop
[LIST]
[*]Resource costs will always be at least as high as the part costs by scaling up the units needed when the mass conversion does not use enough resources on its own
[*]A new system to make money by using a dedicted factory module and dedicated recipes and parts is currently in the planning phase.
[/LIST]

[*]New dependency to CommunityResourcePack, that holds the new resources as well as MaterialKits
[*]New dependency to FirespitterCore to use FuelSwitch for the new resources on the OSE Tanks (individual textures not yet included)
[*]Recycler is temporarily disabled until I have time to fix it (it is broken due to the new recipe system)
[*]The parts filter in the VAB now shows all parts the mod introduces
[*]Moved workshop to advanced exploration (one tier earlier) in the tech tree
[*]Adjusted efficiency of the converter to match stock ISRU
[*]Included new models for the workshop and the converter kindly provided by Enceos
[/LIST] Edited by ObiVanDamme

[quote name='Kowgan']That's a huge update!
Thank you so much for this once again, Obi! You rock!

Now, let's try the new features in the this toy. :)[/QUOTE]

I hope you will like this and the stuff i planned for the future, that will build on the recipe system. I also hope that this update will not break to many savegames

[quote name='Badsector']For MKS compatibility, now MateriaKits density is 0.001 versus RocketParts density 0.0025, i have to change recipes ?

[CODE]
OSE_DefaultRecipe
{
name = part
RESOURCES
{
RocketParts = 0.4
}
}
[/CODE][/QUOTE]

if you want to use rocket parts the code above is correct. you do not need to change the number, because it is just a ratio and if only a single resource is used the number does not matter. because the density of rocket parts is higher you just need less units to build things

Ok, i have wrote this patch

[CODE]@OSE_DefaultRecipe:NEEDS[Workshop]:AFTER[Workshop]
{
!RESOURCES{}
RESOURCES
{
RocketParts = 1
}
}

@PART
[*]:AFTER[Workshop]
{
@OSE_PartRecipe
{
!MaterialKits = 1
RocketParts = 1
}
}[/CODE]

Just 1 ask-suggestion, is possible compensate prices values with exoticminerals other than rocketparts ?
Becouse if i need 5000 rocketparts for build 0.5T (5000x0.0025 = 12.5T) prices of exoticminerals is 160 vs 1.5 of rocketparts and have the same density

Other than that really nice update and thanks for your great job
Regards
Luca

[B]badsector[/B]: if you only use rocket parts you need more of it to reach the cost of the item. that is on purpose. we intdoduced more expensive resources to reduce the unit count. the compensation for cost is done by scaling up the units needed. it will keep the ratio of the different resources

be aware that not all parts have recipes. you might want to add a has module check in your patch

i already added specific recipes for engines, science and command modules that use this mechanic Edited by ObiVanDamme

This patch use raremetals and exoticminerals, the only change is in MaterialKits-->RocketParts, the trouble is when the part requires only rocketparts or materialkits, for example MKSL_Smelter cost 7500 and weight 0.5T

7500/2=3250 MaterialKitsx0.001 = 3.25T
7500/1.5=5000 RocketPartsx0.0025 = 12.5T

but on this way

[7500-(0.5/0.001x2)]/160 = 40.625 exoticminerals and 500 Materialkits = 0.6T
[7500-(0.5/0.0025x1.5)]/160 = 45 exoticminerals and 200 Rocketparts = 0.612T

if we put a bit of processing waste....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.