[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

1 hour ago, ObiVanDamme said:

In that case you will need lots of ore and only a little bit rocket parts. the problem is, that ore is still a very cheap resource, so you need a lot of it to cover the costs of expensive parts. If you want to require very small amounts of resources you need to add a resource with a high unit cost to the recipe. I think exotic minerals will be your best choice

Would it be hard to create a switch to let go of the costs? I mean, I could give it a shot and drop it on github, if you are interested in such a thing that is :)

One little note, when I try and recycle a part that gives off Exotic Minerals or Rare Metals in a craft that lacks the appropriate container, the Recycler freezes until I add such a container. I think it would be helpful to add the ability to store small amounts of these substances to the recycling parts to avoid that or explicitly recommend adding such containers to the craft in the part description.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

KIS has a nice way to specify the volume of a part. Does OSEWorkshop have anything similar for the purposes of constructing the part?

Not sure what you mean. I am using KIS' method to determine the volume of a part for the construction limit. If you set a parts volume the KIS way it should be reflected in OSE Workshop. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think it'd be cool if certain parts required additional facilities to be present to enable their construction. This could represent the complexity of parts like engines, especially nuclear or electric ones which would probably require a little more advanced machinery to build them. Some parts could be made unprintable as well if they would be way to complicated to manufacture away from highly advanced and specialized equipment. Fusion reactors or engines are an example. All of this would be configurable of course, as a sort of optional extra level of difficulty.

I am already working on something I called OSE Factory internal, that will add an extra level of complexity and some more usages to the OSE Workshop mod while being completely optional at the same time.

Edited by ObiVanDamme

Hi everyone,  thx for all the work on this mod.   I have both mks and the ose workshop installed.   The parts have taken the mks mods and switched the inventory to RocketParts however the workshop is still requiring material kits for actual item printing. 

In order to get the RocketParts used for construction Is the only thing I have to change to fix this the default resource in the ose recipes config?  Or is there other changes I will need to make to get it to work? 

Again this for all the work on the mods. 

29 minutes ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

Hi everyone,  thx for all the work on this mod.   I have both mks and the ose workshop installed.   The parts have taken the mks mods and switched the inventory to RocketParts however the workshop is still requiring material kits for actual item printing. 

In order to get the RocketParts used for construction Is the only thing I have to change to fix this the default resource in the ose recipes config?  Or is there other changes I will need to make to get it to work? 

Again this for all the work on the mods. 

Nevermind that worked :) 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - the new MKS-Lite/UKS releases now move everything to RocketParts/SpecializedParts - if there are any interop issues please ping me

Also - @ObiVanDamme - what's your current default ratio of SpecializedParts to MaterialKits?

Lastly - more in relation to the MKS side - I'll be adding an alternate path to ExoticMinerals and RareMetals that has a bit less friction.  No effect on this mod I assume, but there's a lot of cross-use so thought I would toss out the heads up.

Both containers seem to have a minor syntax error in the initialResourceAmounts field of the FSFuelSwitch. The 3000 container uses commas instead of semicolons, the 6000 container uses semicolons but has only 3 values instead of 4. 

edit: I moved the MKS related issues to the MKS thread.

Edited by lodestar

On 24.1.2016 at 3:45 PM, lodestar said:

Both containers seem to have a minor syntax error in the initialResourceAmounts field of the FSFuelSwitch. The 3000 container uses commas instead of semicolons, the 6000 container uses semicolons but has only 3 values instead of 4. 

edit: I moved the MKS related issues to the MKS thread.

I will take a look at that. Thank yo for mentioning

On 23.1.2016 at 6:52 PM, RoverDude said:

FYI - the new MKS-Lite/UKS releases now move everything to RocketParts/SpecializedParts - if there are any interop issues please ping me

Also - @ObiVanDamme - what's your current default ratio of SpecializedParts to MaterialKits?

Lastly - more in relation to the MKS side - I'll be adding an alternate path to ExoticMinerals and RareMetals that has a bit less friction.  No effect on this mod I assume, but there's a lot of cross-use so thought I would toss out the heads up.

What do you mean by ratio? I currently do not use SpacializedParts in any recipes, but use ExoticMinerals and Raremetals directly.

On 23.1.2016 at 4:48 PM, lodestar said:

Whenever I'm recycling something, I get a spam of "[Log]: [RESOURCES] Invalid flow mode: Both." Is that something to worry about?

Does the recycling work, or do you loose resources? 

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

ahh - ok!  So what is the current default recipe then?  Just want to make sure I have my stuff in line (at least for defaults)

I currently ship OSE Workshop with four default recipes

1. MaterialKits, RareMetals and ExoticMinerals in a 1:1:1 ratio for all parts with a ScienceExperiment module
  2. MaterialKits and ExoticMinerals in a 1:1 ratio for all parts with a Command module
  3. MaterialKits and Raremetals in a 1:1 ratio for all parts with an EngineFX module
  4. MaterialKits only for all the rest

• 1 month later...

Is there a particular way to force a particular part to appear in the Workbench, like a MM config? There's this part from the Surface Experiment Pack that does not show up as a part to build. 

The part in question is the SEP_CentralStation. OSE appears to be correctly adding the OSE_Recipe for science modules with the 3 resources requirement set. The KIS inventory size and mass appears to be well within the ranges of other things that do show up in the workbench, including every other part from the Surface Experiment Pack. Any tips on what I can do?

13 hours ago, SirSeim said:

Is there a particular way to force a particular part to appear in the Workbench, like a MM config? There's this part from the Surface Experiment Pack that does not show up as a part to build. 

The part in question is the SEP_CentralStation. OSE appears to be correctly adding the OSE_Recipe for science modules with the 3 resources requirement set. The KIS inventory size and mass appears to be well within the ranges of other things that do show up in the workbench, including every other part from the Surface Experiment Pack. Any tips on what I can do?

There is a MM config for custom parts that allows you to add parts to the custom parts category in the workbench. If the part you mention does not show up at all, even in the "All" category, that will not help. Given the name of the part the only reason I see is, that the part might be too large for the workshop. You can see the maximum allowed size in the title of the workbench menu. This is either the largest inventory volume or the configured value for the workshop itself, depending on what value is smaller.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.