[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

Check out the forum thread of MKS.

Yeah... RoverDude should really check out MKS forum thread... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Recently updated KIS/KAS seem to break smth. with this mod. Guess it needs re-compile against recent versions.

Yeah... RoverDude should really check out MKS forum thread... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Recently updated KIS/KAS seem to break smth. with this mod. Guess it needs re-compile against recent versions.

Currently a new KIS release will always break my mod, because for some reason it tries to match the exact assembly version of the KIS assembly. If KIS is present with a different version it will break, even if KIS is compatible. I always need to recompile against the new release to fix the reference. ;.;

Is there part disassembly in this mod? If not, can you add disassembly action that refunds half of the RocketParts? I wish i could use this workshop for recycling old lander engines, legs and other parts on my base into something useful.

Version 0.7.3 was released just now and is compatible to KIS 1.1.5

- - - Updated - - -

Is there part disassembly in this mod? If not, can you add disassembly action that refunds half of the RocketParts? I wish i could use this workshop for recycling old lander engines, legs and other parts on my base into something useful.

Disassembly is a nice Idea. I will add this to my backlog and take a look at this for a future release.

With disassembly this mod can be useful as standalone too, not only as MKS addon.

The mod currently uses MKS to have a nice placeholder model as well as the infrastructure for RocketPart creation at a colony. Enceos is currently working on models for a stand-alone version. MKS will be a recommendation but no requirement for the 1.0 release, that hopefully will come soon, when the original models are done and I implemented everything I planned for the final release. Final in this case means, that everything I originally planned is done. There are plenty of things that came to my mind during implementation as well as feedback from the community, that I would really like to have in the mod at some point.

Awesome looking mod ObiVanDamme, but i cannot seem to get the workshop to work - when i click the open workbench button, nothing happens. Are there any known compatibility issues?

I am using the up to date version of this mod and KIS, if it helps.

EDIT: I am using the forced DX11 option for KSP and having issues with it. This might be one of them

Edited by Whizzkid

I uploaded Version 0.7.3 a few hours ago. This Version is compiled against KIS 1.1.5. Do you have those Versions installed? If yes, can you please take a look at the log, or the debug console to see if there are any errors?

I uploaded Version 0.7.3 a few hours ago. This Version is compiled against KIS 1.1.5. Do you have those Versions installed? If yes, can you please take a look at the log, or the debug console to see if there are any errors?

I have the same problem as ogled. My log spams errors from interstellar but from what I was able to catch it says "Target is null". I pasted what I think is the result from the output log on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/YprveARm hopefully this helps! And yes both KAS and KIS are updated.

I have the same problem as ogled. My log spams errors from interstellar but from what I was able to catch it says "Target is null". I pasted what I think is the result from the output log on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/YprveARm hopefully this helps! And yes both KAS and KIS are updated.

From what I can see in the error log, there is a problem with the filter icons in the Workbench. I currently use the following items to draw the Filters:

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_veryheavyrocketry"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/RDicon_commandmodules"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/RDicon_fuelSystems-advanced"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/RDicon_propulsionSystems"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_largecontrol"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_generalconstruction"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advaerodynamics"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_generic"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advsciencetech"

"Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_evatech"

Make sure, that all those Icons exist at the specified location and that each item exists only once. A missingor duplicate item looks like the cause of your error message. I do not understand why one of those files should be missing, but it seems to be the case

From what I can see in the error log, there is a problem with the filter icons in the Workbench. I currently use the following items to draw the Filters:

Make sure, that all those Icons exist at the specified location and that each item exists only once. A missingor duplicate item looks like the cause of your error message. I do not understand why one of those files should be missing, but it seems to be the case

Looks like DDS4KSP converted these icons, i will restore the originals to see if they work.

EDIT: Reverting the icons to the originals seems to fix it for me.

Edited by Whizzkid

I don't even have a "PartList" file under Squad in GameData to begin with. Is there some kind of mod dependency that I'm missing besides MKS/OKS?

EDIT: Found it, but it's in DDS format. Should I revert?

EDIT 2: Yep DDS doesn't work well.

Edited by StormWolf

I don't even have a "PartList" file under Squad in GameData to begin with. Is there some kind of mod dependency that I'm missing besides MKS/OKS?

EDIT: Found it, but it's in DDS format. Should I revert?

EDIT 2: Yep DDS doesn't work well.

I have no Idea why DDS Textures do not work, because I only reference the files by there location and no the file ending or format. I will investigate that and maybe find a way to support that if possible. For the moment it looks like you need to have the files in there original format.

Did the progress bar and the display of the current item go away when it reached 100% or is it stuck? If the bar goes away and is set to 0 the item is placed in an inventory. Maybe there is another inventory on your vessel you are not aware of. I am currently working on a method to select the inventory, where items should be stored and to highlight the inventories on your vessel.

As i have mentioned before, this is a great looking and very useful mod. What plans do you have for the future of this mod ObiVanDamme?

There is a planned features section in the first post of this thread. In addition to the mentioned features over there I am currently planning a recycler module, that will take items from KIS inventories and convert them back to RocketParts. Everything else will come based on feedback or experience while playing.

There is a planned features section in the first post of this thread. In addition to the mentioned features over there I am currently planning a recycler module, that will take items from KIS inventories and convert them back to RocketParts. Everything else will come based on feedback or experience while playing.

Awesome! :)

Thank you for the mod, this is great - it's the 3D printer my station has been needing :)

I imagine this may well be to do with having Community Tech Tree installed (I'm guessing it's referencing nodes that would be unlocked at this stage in the career), but I can build items from the workshop that I haven't researched yet in my current career save. It's not game breaking, since I don't have to exploit it, but it's still a thing.

For the same reason 3D printers are going to be hugely important for future spaceflight- you don't know in advance what you'll need.

For example, if you managed to drop your last spanner from KIS, currently you'd have to launch a whole new rocket to replace it. With a workshop, you can print one on-site. If you found that you needed more solar panels, or another docking port, then you could have the same deal. Wheels for a rover, or a whole replacement Eva pod, etc. You could even construct a satellite or interplanetary probe in orbit and by hand.

It's like a smaller, more limited (and much earlier tech) version of an extraplanetary launch pad, and that's mostly the niche it fills.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.