[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

Hello ObiVanDamme, could you please make an alternative Workshop.dll which uses Spare Parts from MKS to build KAS gadgets. Manufacturing rocket parts on site is almost at the end of the Tech Tree when playing CTT. Spare Parts, on another hand, are easier to make and require less MK3 modules involved in the production chain. I find unlocking the ability to make KAS parts earlier than Rockets much more reasonable for the purposes of CTT progression.

I am currently working on an complete CTT/MKS integration for the Workshop. My current plan is to place the Workshop in the tier that works with Structural, Electrical and Mechanical Parts and provide different recipes for each Item. While writing this and after thinking about your suggestion again, it looks like a good idea to add Spare Parts to the list of resources or to add an alternative smaller Workshop that cann only build a reduced list of Items using Spare Parts.

Thank you very much for this feedback.

I am currently working on an complete CTT/MKS integration for the Workshop. My current plan is to place the Workshop in the tier that works with Structural, Electrical and Mechanical Parts and provide different recipes for each Item. While writing this and after thinking about your suggestion again, it looks like a good idea to add Spare Parts to the list of resources or to add an alternative smaller Workshop that cann only build a reduced list of Items using Spare Parts.

Thank you very much for this feedback.

Great! Thank you again for this awesome mod.

This was the mod i was looking for a while: a mod that enables you to "3d print" parts in orbit to use it to build parts for a station.

Small question: does it needs the included addon mods?

Edited by MK3424

Hey! Awesome mod :)

Side note - I would advocate using RocketParts vs SpareParts for three reasons.

First... RocketParts construction is actually earlier in CTT than SpareParts ;)

Second... RocketParts makes a bit more sense IMO (SpareParts are more of a repair resource)

Third... SpareParts are being deprecated in 0.33.0 as I collapse and simplify some parts of MKS/OKS

- - - Updated - - -

Also usual deal - if you want to collaborate as you make this MKS/OKS compatible, just ping me.

i.e. we can do a MM config that when present converts one of the MK-III modules (probably the fabrication plant) into a workshop. Could also just have them toss the parts right there since it would already have built in KAS storage and would make gameplay sense.

Hey! Awesome mod :)

Side note - I would advocate using RocketParts vs SpareParts for three reasons.

First... RocketParts construction is actually earlier in CTT than SpareParts ;)

Second... RocketParts makes a bit more sense IMO (SpareParts are more of a repair resource)

Third... SpareParts are being deprecated in 0.33.0 as I collapse and simplify some parts of MKS/OKS

- - - Updated - - -

Also usual deal - if you want to collaborate as you make this MKS/OKS compatible, just ping me.

i.e. we can do a MM config that when present converts one of the MK-III modules (probably the fabrication plant) into a workshop. Could also just have them toss the parts right there since it would already have built in KAS storage and would make gameplay sense.

I am just stunned that you found the way to my mod. I am great fan of all the USI stuff and I would really like to make the Workshop MKS/OKS compatible after I integrated KIS. My plan was to use Mechanical, Structural and Eletrical Parts from MKS in the Workshop if MKS is installed. The reason is, that I want to place the ability to create small parts that can be attached to an existing vessel before the EPL features, that allow the creation of complete rockets.

In a second step I planned to provide configurable recipes by part, that consist of different ratios of the three mentioned resources, i.e.: a Strut or an Anchor can be made of Structural Parts only, but a Solar Panel require Electrical Parts as well.

When I am done with the KIS integration I will get back to you and I hope we can work together on the integration :D

- - - Updated - - -

Small question: does it needs the included addon mods?

It need the Community Resource Pack because of the Rocket Parts and Regolith, because I used some of the Utilities for Resource Consumption from there.

You can ommit the CRP if you have a Resource named RocketParts from somewhere else, but without Reolith the mod will not load

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome KIS integration, thank you Obi! We really appreciate your effort!

Would you please take your time and put it on Kerbalstuff with CKAN availability selected. This way thousands more people will see this awesome mod.

Edited by Enceos

Awesome KIS integration, thank you Obi! We really appreciate your effort!

Would you please take your time and put it on Kerbalstuff with CKAN availability selected. This way thousands more people will see this awesome mod.

CKAN integration is on the list for 0.5.0

Okay, I think I broke the workshop somehow, or maybe the workshop is simply broken. When I realized that I had forgotten to pack some survey stakes and give a screwdriver and wrench to the three new engineers on site at the base, I decided to make them at the workshop that I had brought over instead of sending a supply drone. However, when I tried (after I had set the stakes to be manufactured there), the progress bar went to 100.1 and got stuck there, the inventory is empty. When I went to the KSC and back, it had reset and the rocketparts got used up, but the item didn't appear. I tried making a wrench, it went to 101% and got stuck, no item, tried making a pipe end point and THAT got stuck at 100.1 as well.

screenshot56_zpse73te3ig.png

This please.

Okay, I think I broke the workshop somehow, or maybe the workshop is simply broken. When I realized that I had forgotten to pack some survey stakes and give a screwdriver and wrench to the three new engineers on site at the base, I decided to make them at the workshop that I had brought over instead of sending a supply drone. However, when I tried (after I had set the stakes to be manufactured there), the progress bar went to 100.1 and got stuck there, the inventory is empty. When I went to the KSC and back, it had reset and the rocketparts got used up, but the item didn't appear. I tried making a wrench, it went to 101% and got stuck, no item, tried making a pipe end point and THAT got stuck at 100.1 as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot56_zpse73te3ig.png

Thank you for mentioning. I had the same Issue reported for another item. At the moment I am not able to reproduce this problem, but I will investigate and try to fix this as soon as possible. Can you tell me what other mods you used and where the survey stake item comes from. In my install I cannot find it and as far as I know I did not include a MM config for this item.

Edited by ObiVanDamme

Thank you for mentioning. I had the same Issue reported for another item. At the moment I am not able to reproduce this problem, but I will investigate and try to fix this as soon as possible. Can you tell me what other mods you used and where the survey stake item comes from. In my install I cannot find it and as far as I know I did not include a MM config for this item.

As Enceos said, it's from Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Also, I later tried again with the workshop disconnected from my base and tried making the stock barometer (on minmus, yeah I know) and it got stuck there too.

As requested, heres the modlist, not visible is the particonfixer.dll and the .dat files for Nereids S.A.V.E. backup system and Blizzys toolbar. Of the USI mods, I have MKS/OKS, Karbonite, Exploration pack, and FTT:

modlist_zpsz1myrtzv.png

Question, would it be possible to build a Rcs port which you then install with KAS somewhere on your vessel. Could it work?

The linear RCS and the RCS block of the vanilla KSP can be build using the Workshop and you can attach them using KIS or KAS, depending on your preference. I would advise you to get used to the KIS way, since I expect quite some changes to KAS when KospY is done with the KIS integration over there.

- - - Updated - - -

As Enceos said, it's from Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Also, I later tried again with the workshop disconnected from my base and tried making the stock barometer (on minmus, yeah I know) and it got stuck there too.

As requested, heres the modlist, not visible is the particonfixer.dll and the .dat files for Nereids S.A.V.E. backup system and Blizzys toolbar. Of the USI mods, I have MKS/OKS, Karbonite, Exploration pack, and FTT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/modlist_zpsz1myrtzv.png

I just released a fix for that problem. It happened because I build the Workshop against KIS version 1.0.0, which caused the Workshop to crash the moment it tried to interact with a different version of KIS (Adding the item to the inventory)

0.5.0 - 2015-04-17

• Added support for MKS. The MK3 Fabrication Plant will become a Workshop. In addition to that, the Mobile Workshop and the two Toolboxes will be made unresearchable

Oh cool.

Incidentially, I had added the mobile workshop to my Kerbin station, but it somehow screwed up the center point of selection, so I removed it.

Realizationwhiletyping: Oh, I'd better remove (or at least just disconnect) the workshop from my minmus base before I update or the Kraken might eat it.

Oh cool.

Incidentially, I had added the mobile workshop to my Kerbin station, but it somehow screwed up the center point of selection, so I removed it.

Realizationwhiletyping: Oh, I'd better remove (or at least just disconnect) the workshop from my minmus base before I update or the Kraken might eat it.

Thanks for mentioning. I added a note to the changelog to remind people of that. Could you post here if the vessel got removed after update? In theorie the Workshop in existing vessels should still be there, but I had not verified that up to now.

Thanks for mentioning. I added a note to the changelog to remind people of that. Could you post here if the vessel got removed after update? In theorie the Workshop in existing vessels should still be there, but I had not verified that up to now.

Still there. I actually fully expected it to get eaten by the kraken.

Those are regular KAS containers on there, not toolboxes.

screenshot110_zpsgnbtgolj.png

Still there. I actually fully expected it to get eaten by the kraken.

Those are regular KAS containers on there, not toolboxes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot110_zpsgnbtgolj.png

Thanks for checking. That was what should happen. Did you play in Sandbox, Science or Career mode? If it is a mode with a tech tree you should no longer be able to build a new craft with the item, but as you already posted, the existing ones should still be there.

Thanks for checking. That was what should happen. Did you play in Sandbox, Science or Career mode? If it is a mode with a tech tree you should no longer be able to build a new craft with the item, but as you already posted, the existing ones should still be there.

Science mode. And yeah, I still had the workshop unit craft around in the VAB list and that was locked

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.