Jump to content

[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

idk if I want it tho

That's your choice, I am also using it with no issues, a lot of modders do not update when the update to KSP is small and has no effect on the mod as its a waste of there time, especially if they are working on something else or maybe even a big update to there mod.

So you either take a chance like most of us do or you delete the mod and wait or find something else.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to access tweakables of the manufactured part?

This is a big problem for parts that e.g. can be made in several variants accessible through model switch, or which are accessible only in one (smallest) size with Tweakscale or its counterparts to access other sizes, or have certain variants that do completely different things, say, ISRU with USI extensions can't produce anything at any time - you choose a specific ISRU variant in the editor.

Currently, I wanted to manufacture larger hangars. They are available through tweakables of the Hangar mod parts. But OSE Workshop can only produce the smallest variants.

Edited by Sharpy
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sharpy said:

Is there any way to access tweakables of the manufactured part?

Nope AFAIK. If you really need a scaled part you can create a new part, indentical to the original, and change its scale, in the part.cfg. 

Not sure there is a solution for part with module switcher...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Li0n said:

Nope AFAIK. If you really need a scaled part you can create a new part, indentical to the original, and change its scale, in the part.cfg. 

Not sure there is a solution for part with module switcher...

Well then, just treat this as a most desirable feature request. I realize this may be difficult, but it's also pretty important.

...also, in case of parts that have fixed resources... imagine the disappointment when printing SRB with no solid fuel, a non-refuelable nuclear reactor without fuel, or inflatable hangar without compressed air needed to inflate it. All three happened to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharpy said:

...also, in case of parts that have fixed resources... imagine the disappointment when printing SRB with no solid fuel, a non-refuelable nuclear reactor without fuel, or inflatable hangar without compressed air needed to inflate it. All three happened to me.

I can feel the disappointment but, for me, OSE Workshop is not the good mod for doing stuff like that. I don't see how a 3D printer can print nuclear fuel, even less compressed air :wink:

Have you try Extra Planetary Launchpad ? It let you build complete craft in-situ. If you need individual part I imagine you can create a ship composed of a KIS container with the parts in it.

Also...

Spoiler

_elg6172.jpg

This is the 3D printer on board of the ISS. You can't see it on this picture but on the side there is a sticker with : "DONT PRINT FUELED BOOSTER !!!" :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Li0n said:

I can feel the disappointment but, for me, OSE Workshop is not the good mod for doing stuff like that. I don't see how a 3D printer can print nuclear fuel, even less compressed air :wink:

Have you try Extra Planetary Launchpad ? It let you build complete craft in-situ. If you need individual part I imagine you can create a ship composed of a KIS container with the parts in it.

 

 

I really, really struggled NOT to use EPL. I constructed a bunch of crafts using the Workshop and KIS. Today I gave up and installed it though. It's a defeat.

OSE Workshop, to me feels like something much more than "3D printer". It's a workshop. Stuff like a compressor, machining tools, electronics making station, a small chemistry lab, and so on. If it can create a probe core, a container with compressed gas should be zero challenge. Besides, what would it need two kerbals for, otherwise? Looking how the printer prints and replacing spools of material?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

OSE Workshop, to me feels like something much more than "3D printer". It's a workshop. Stuff like a compressor, machining tools, electronics making station, a small chemistry lab, and so on. If it can create a probe core, a container with compressed gas should be zero challenge. Besides, what would it need two kerbals for, otherwise? Looking how the printer prints and replacing spools of material?

On second thought I do agree with the compressed gas thing, Kerbals could blow in the container :wink:

Anyway, not a lot you can do about it unless you can do the change on the code yourself and send a PR to @ObiVanDamme

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Li0n said:

On second thought I do agree with the compressed gas thing, Kerbals could blow in the container :wink:

Not sure how much are you joking and how much serious, but as they can print complex turbopumps for the engines, they can definitely print a small compressor.

Oh, and as for a genuine, simple bug report: Pagination in the Recycler doesn't work. I can oick 'next, previous' the same as in Workshop and the number of pages seems to correspond to how many items I have stored, but the displayed items always remain on the first page. If I recycle any of these, a new one jumps in from page 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.12.2016 at 4:53 PM, Sharpy said:

Well then, just treat this as a most desirable feature request. I realize this may be difficult, but it's also pretty important.

...also, in case of parts that have fixed resources... imagine the disappointment when printing SRB with no solid fuel, a non-refuelable nuclear reactor without fuel, or inflatable hangar without compressed air needed to inflate it. All three happened to me.

This is already implemented. Take a look at the OSE_Recipes.cfg file in the game date folder. There are currently recipes for Ablator and SolidFueld. If a part has a resource where a recipe exists, the workshop will print the part including the maximum amount of fuel. I added SolidFuel and Ablator only because you cannot pump them in after the part is finished. It is intentional, that you can only print the part and need to add the resources later, but it would be game breaking in case of non pumpable resources, so I added it. Maybe those recipes are no longer complete or something changed in the way how resources are handled since I added the feature, but I supose that it should work. Try to print a SRB and you should have fuel in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Can't wait to play with this on my Olympus Town base on Mars, just like natgeos MARS series

Make sure to post some pics when you are done!

On 15.12.2016 at 8:33 PM, nascarlaser1 said:

Is this mod on CKAN?

It used to be. But since kerbalstuff is no longer available it will not work anymore. I need to update this and hop to include this in the next release

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ObiVanDamme said:

Make sure to post some pics when you are done!

It used to be. But since kerbalstuff is no longer available it will not work anymore. I need to update this and hop to include this in the next release

I'm just starting to play RSS with RSSVE

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ObiVanDamme said:

Make sure to post some pics when you are done!

It used to be. But since kerbalstuff is no longer available it will not work anymore. I need to update this and hop to include this in the next release

its ok. After a while I finally bothered to learn how to do it manally. thanks! fun mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

@ObiVanDamme hey I got a question, um, what exactly is dirt and exotic minerals? Well, I know it's for pathfinder and maybe MKS, but I don't quite understand why I'm seeing it. Is it needed to make something?

in MKS you make stuff from Dirt and exotic minerals
--> https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Resources

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

for that recources .. they're based on the CRP, wich is totally optional to use in general .. if you dont like it, dont use it .. i have some recources listed in my game aswell but i basicly just dont use them :)

so I can have thid mod without CRP or should I look up the mks configs in CRP and delete them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

so I can have thid mod without CRP or should I look up the mks configs in CRP and delete them?

as far the license of OSE goes

Spoiler

License

OSE Workshop is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license, which means

  • You are permitted to use, copy and redistribute my work as-is.
  • You may remix your own derivatives (new models, alternative textures, etc.) and release them under your own name.
  • You may not use the material for any commercial purposes.
  • You must use the same license as the original work.
  • You must credit the following people when publishing your derivatives in the download and forum posts: ObiVanDamme and Enceos (OSE Workshop), KospY and Winn75 (Kerbal Attachment System).

I assume your free to edit the cfg's if your unhappy with this or that function, but its highly recommend you leave the cfg's as they are (unless you know what you are doing).
However, the other resources were implented for a reason (mods support each other regulary).

hope this helps anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.12.2016 at 3:41 AM, The-Doctor said:

@ObiVanDamme hey I got a question, um, what exactly is dirt and exotic minerals? Well, I know it's for pathfinder and maybe MKS, but I don't quite understand why I'm seeing it. Is it needed to make something?

You can use the OSE Converter to extract Exotic Minerals and Rare metals from Dirt, both are used in some of the recipes. If you don't like it and know what you are doing you can change the configs to use whatever resources you like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...