[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

Fuel Switcher isn't included with FTP, no. I pulled some of the sample configs from another mod pack. I don't have it in front of me right now, so I'm forgetting the details. I'm not sure if it's a standalone mod, or one that's just bundled with some of the other fuel mods.

Having the same problem with fuel switcher, don't know if anyone had a solution, but the switcher module appears to come originally with Firespitter. If this was just a bone thrown to us for giggles and hope, no worries, but on my end I can get either LFO or structural versions of the cubical and triangular tanks.

Stellar work, btw. Loving everything you've built. :D

Having the same problem with fuel switcher, don't know if anyone had a solution, but the switcher module appears to come originally with Firespitter. If this was just a bone thrown to us for giggles and hope, no worries, but on my end I can get either LFO or structural versions of the cubical and triangular tanks.

Stellar work, btw. Loving everything you've built. :D

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

OK, I think I finally figured out what was up with it. The configs had "Xenon", but it needed to be "XenonGas". I haven't really had a good way to test this since I haven't been using Fuel Switcher. I threw in the configs as a "why not" sort of thing. But hopefully this will fix it. At this point I'll probably hold off on a release until KSP 1.0 hits, now that it's in experimentals. Since this mod is mostly fuel tanks, it probably won't need to change with 1.0, but we just won't know until we get 1.0.

Is there any plans for R7 or Soyuz like external tanks to complement the FL-T1200 Soyuz fuel tank, or maybe small Castor-like SRB to make stockalike DeltaII on your To-Do list?

Just wondering...

Possibly. :) I do like the look of some of the outboard tanks I've seen in other mods, so it does give me some ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

After a quick peek at KSP 1.0, I think I see what needs to be done with the fuel tanks. The lower attachment nodes have been flipped, costs and max temperatures changed, tech tree nodes changed, and now there's a "bulkheadProfiles" setting.

So the changes for this mod should be pretty straightforward, but I'll have to go through every single part and update these things.

After a quick peek at KSP 1.0, I think I see what needs to be done with the fuel tanks. The lower attachment nodes have been flipped, costs and max temperatures changed, tech tree nodes changed, and now there's a "bulkheadProfiles" setting.

So the changes for this mod should be pretty straightforward, but I'll have to go through every single part and update these things.

I think I have this mostly together. I'll probably push it out tomorrow. I figured I'd do this mod first, since it had the most straightforward changes. My others all have engines, cargo bays, etc.

KSP 1.0 update is ready (I hope) :)

This is a "mostly" non-breaking update. The triangular tanks were scaled up 25% to align nicely with cube tanks stuck on the sides, but otherwise the changes were to bring things into line with the new balance, and fix broken attachment nodes, etc.

0.8 (2015-04-28) - Beta + KSP 1.0 updates
- Corrected Xenon options for Fuel Switcher.
- KSP 1.0 fixes, including but not limited to:
- Costs, max temps, and tech tree assignments of all fuel tanks
- Mass adjustments on 0.625m and 3.75m tanks
- Capacity adjustments on tanks close to Oscar-B
- Fixed bottom attachment nodes
- Added attachment profile settings
- Increased scale of "triangular" tanks by 25% to make them align nicely with the small cubes.

KSP 1.0 update is ready (I hope) :)

This is a "mostly" non-breaking update. The triangular tanks were scaled up 25% to align nicely with cube tanks stuck on the sides, but otherwise the changes were to bring things into line with the new balance, and fix broken attachment nodes, etc.

0.8 (2015-04-28) - Beta + KSP 1.0 updates
- Corrected Xenon options for Fuel Switcher.
- KSP 1.0 fixes, including but not limited to:
- Costs, max temps, and tech tree assignments of all fuel tanks
- Mass adjustments on 0.625m and 3.75m tanks
- Capacity adjustments on tanks close to Oscar-B
- Fixed bottom attachment nodes
- Added attachment profile settings
- Increased scale of "triangular" tanks by 25% to make them align nicely with the small cubes.

Can you think of any reason this would not show up on CKAN?

Also, time for longer 1.25m Xenon, 1.25m Ore, and 2.5m Ore tanks?

Can you think of any reason this would not show up on CKAN?

Also, time for longer 1.25m Xenon, 1.25m Ore, and 2.5m Ore tanks?

I think it just hadn't picked it up yet. It looks like it's there now.

And, possibly. :) Right now I know there's some debate around the mass ratio on the ore tanks. But at the moment, I'm mainly getting the mods updated to a usable state.

Hey, did you see that someone made a fix for fuelswitch? It's here, I think: link

EDIT: Also the one for the cryogenic tanks mod has its own fuelswitch including a version for LFO/LF/O and it works with your tanks!

Edited by Tangle

Hey, did you see that someone made a fix for fuelswitch? It's here, I think: link

EDIT: Also the one for the cryogenic tanks mod has its own fuelswitch including a version for LFO/LF/O and it works with your tanks!

Cool, I see what he's saying about removing the existing resources when adding fuelswitch. I'll take another look at my configs.

Glad to hear that about cryo tanks. Thanks awesome. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, I see what he's saying about removing the existing resources when adding fuelswitch. I'll take another look at my configs.

Glad to hear that about cryo tanks. Thanks awesome. :)

Actually, I may just switch it over to Interstellar Fuel Switch. It looks like it has some improvements and is readily available on CKAN.

Update is out:

0.8.2 (2015-05-08) - Fixes, 1.0.2 tweaks
- Tweaked attachment node priority order on many tanks for easier attachment in the VAB.
- Changed the "fuel switching" configs to support Interstellar Fuel Switch.

First of all, thanks for the mod! I love how your tanks textures look (much better than stock). Just one issue, the Oscar and cubic tanks are way off balance from stock. For example, your Oscar-C has less fuel than the "smaller" stock Oscar-B tank. You might want to adjust them so they match the 880 Ox/Dry mass ration from stock tanks (and your larger tanks).

First of all, thanks for the mod! I love how your tanks textures look (much better than stock). Just one issue, the Oscar and cubic tanks are way off balance from stock. For example, your Oscar-C has less fuel than the "smaller" stock Oscar-B tank. You might want to adjust them so they match the 880 Ox/Dry mass ration from stock tanks (and your larger tanks).

Ah, thanks. Yes, the Oscar-B apparently changed in capacity quite a bit. I'm rebalancing the tanks to correspond to that. Thanks!

Hello. How can I configure this Interestellar Fuel thing? I'm trying to get the switch options from Nertea's Cryogenic Engines in Fuel Tank Plus, which is Liquid Hydrongen plus Oxydizer y believe.

Hello. How can I configure this Interestellar Fuel thing? I'm trying to get the switch options from Nertea's Cryogenic Engines in Fuel Tank Plus, which is Liquid Hydrongen plus Oxydizer y believe.

The config I have in there is just set up to use the standard (stock) KSP fuels. The configs would need to be changed to add in hydrogen or whatever else another mod is adding. I didn't include anything else since I can't be sure what other mods people will use.

I've just tested this, and all you need to do is remove FuelTanksPlus_FuelSwitch.cfg from this mod. This allows Cryogenic Engines' fuel switch patch to target this mod's tanks.

I've just tested this, and all you need to do is remove FuelTanksPlus_FuelSwitch.cfg from this mod. This allows Cryogenic Engines' fuel switch patch to target this mod's tanks.

For the next update, I've altered the FuelSwitch config to not run if CryoEngines is installed, so that CryoEngines can do its thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.