[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

Feature request: Could you add Modular Fuel Tanks support? (This will also get you RealFuels support, I think. These tanks are awesome and MFT/RF support will only enhance their awesomeness.)

I just took a look at MFT, and it looks pretty straightforward. I think I can manage that. :)

G'day, I'm experiencing a weird problem. I only just installed the mod a couple of days ago for 1.0.2, but have used it a bit in 0.90. Today I'm trying to use the nuclear fuel tanks for the first time, but my ships keep blowing up on the pad. This ship http://www.hostpic.org/images/1506011204370098.jpg behaves ok on the pad. This one http://www.hostpic.org/images/1506011205240078.jpg blows up. The only difference, the service bay. This is the report I get http://www.hostpic.org/images/1506011206240089.jpg . This happens with a couple of ships I was trying to build today. Both had the service bay on top of the nuclear tank. What do you think?

Edit: Hmmm... on further testing, the common denominator might be the service bay, no the nuclear tank. Another ship without the tank, but with a service bay, blows up as well.

Edited by Phil deCube

G'day, I'm experiencing a weird problem. I only just installed the mod a couple of days ago for 1.0.2, but have used it a bit in 0.90. Today I'm trying to use the nuclear fuel tanks for the first time, but my ships keep blowing up on the pad. This ship http://www.hostpic.org/images/1506011204370098.jpg behaves ok on the pad. This one http://www.hostpic.org/images/1506011205240078.jpg blows up. The only difference, the service bay. This is the report I get http://www.hostpic.org/images/1506011206240089.jpg . This happens with a couple of ships I was trying to build today. Both had the service bay on top of the nuclear tank. What do you think?

Edit: Hmmm... on further testing, the common denominator might be the service bay, no the nuclear tank. Another ship without the tank, but with a service bay, blows up as well.

Yeah, there shouldn't be anything special about that fuel tank. Tanks are about as simple as parts get in KSP. :) Do you have other mods that might be messing with the service bay somehow?

Poking about in the config for the TPtank3mL11250-Silver I've found that you've added the Reflective Shader plugin but it looks as though it's disabled (name = DISABLED_ReflectiveShaderModule) Would it be possible to change this to the reflective module from Texture Replacer?

Poking about in the config for the TPtank3mL11250-Silver I've found that you've added the Reflective Shader plugin but it looks as though it's disabled (name = DISABLED_ReflectiveShaderModule) Would it be possible to change this to the reflective module from Texture Replacer?

Yes, indeed that's what it is there for. I wasn't 100% thrilled with the results, so it's disabled for now. But if you have the reflection plugin, and remove the "DISABLED_" portion from the module name, it'll use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Possibly. That could be useful. :)

Oh yeah it would, I'm working on large nuclear cruisers/etc. and right now with my small ship I'm using your 2.5meter tank with 4 1.25 meter tanks and 5 nuclear engines. Can pretty much get 2 kerbals anywhere in the system :)

Oh yeah it would, I'm working on large nuclear cruisers/etc. and right now with my small ship I'm using your 2.5meter tank with 4 1.25 meter tanks and 5 nuclear engines. Can pretty much get 2 kerbals anywhere in the system :)

Awesome. :) Yeah, I started with 2.5m and 1.25m since there are nuclear engines in those sizes (between stock and several mods), but I don't really know of any 3.75m nukes. However, of course, mounting them outboard around a center stack will work at all diameters, so even with just stock LV-Ns, I can see the use case. I'll write it down on my list.

Awesome. :) Yeah, I started with 2.5m and 1.25m since there are nuclear engines in those sizes (between stock and several mods), but I don't really know of any 3.75m nukes. However, of course, mounting them outboard around a center stack will work at all diameters, so even with just stock LV-Ns, I can see the use case. I'll write it down on my list.

Taurus HCV has a 3.75m nuke

After looking around to figure out how to weld myself some longer tanks for 1.x, I stumbled across your tank parts. So happy! Thanks a bunch! Also, are you going to be doing any double-length parts or just 1.5x length?

Either way, rep for you!

After looking around to figure out how to weld myself some longer tanks for 1.x, I stumbled across your tank parts. So happy! Thanks a bunch! Also, are you going to be doing any double-length parts or just 1.5x length?

Either way, rep for you!

Double length is possible too. I just have to be careful about the "parts explosion" in the menus, since this already adds a pretty large number of tanks.

Double length is possible too. I just have to be careful about the "parts explosion" in the menus, since this already adds a pretty large number of tanks.

2 versions of FTP maybe then? 1.5x and 2x? I'd be fine only having the double length ones.

2 versions of FTP maybe then? 1.5x and 2x? I'd be fine only having the double length ones.

I'd rather not make two versions of the same mod (again). I've found with both 0P-Fairings and MRS that keeping them organized is a bit of a pain.

I had picked 1.5x length because at the time (pre-1.0 aerodynamics), I frequently made my boosters that size, or just a little longer, which is easy to fine-tune by adding one more smaller tank. But now with the new aero, 2x seems pretty common.

I'd be tempted to add some longer ones in just the basic colors (white, orange), like I did with the 3/4 length ones, and see how it goes. That would be only two more tanks for now.

I'd rather not make two versions of the same mod (again). I've found with both 0P-Fairings and MRS that keeping them organized is a bit of a pain.

I had picked 1.5x length because at the time (pre-1.0 aerodynamics), I frequently made my boosters that size, or just a little longer, which is easy to fine-tune by adding one more smaller tank. But now with the new aero, 2x seems pretty common.

I'd be tempted to add some longer ones in just the basic colors (white, orange), like I did with the 3/4 length ones, and see how it goes. That would be only two more tanks for now.

That would be cool. I actually find using them now that they're good as is. But looking further down the road with massive launches of bases/landers/rovers all in one go might require that little bitty bit extra. And I'm only talking about the largest tanks. The smaller 2.5m and smaller are perfect!

New update:

0.11 (2015-06-12) - New things.
- Added support for Modular Fuel Systems (Modular Fuel Tanks).
- Added support for Deadly Reentry.
- Added white and orange double-length tanks.
- Added 3.75m nuclear (LF-only) tank (one length for now).
- Reconverted textures to DDS format (again).

That would be cool. I actually find using them now that they're good as is. But looking further down the road with massive launches of bases/landers/rovers all in one go might require that little bitty bit extra. And I'm only talking about the largest tanks. The smaller 2.5m and smaller are perfect!

For now I added some 2x length tanks in 2.5m. I'll take another look at 3.75m as well.

I went ahead and pushed a quick update, adding a 2x 3.75m tank, and some fixes for the mod support in the 3.75m nuke tank.

0.11.1 (2015-06-14) - One more tank!
- Added white 3.75m 2x tank.
- Added missing MFT/IFS configs for the 3.75m nuke tank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small bug to report: in your MFT config for FTP, the first three entries are duplicates. They should be like this instead (I think):

@PART[TPtankCube00500*]:FOR[FuelTanksPlus]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

volume = 6

type = Default

}

}

@PART[TPtankCube00750*]:FOR[FuelTanksPlus]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

volume = 18

type = Default

}

}

@PART[TPtankCube01250*]:FOR[FuelTanksPlus]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

volume = 80

type = Default

}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.