[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

Please tell me that you use the Interstellarswitch and not the FS?

It uses the FS fuel switch if Interstellar isn't installed. If Interstellar is present, it'll use that instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually what I didn't notice is that Interstellar Fuel Switch also switches the meshes and textures, not just fuels. I may look into having it use that for everything if it can.

- - - Updated - - -

And, updated. I'll get the CKAN dependencies switched as well.

1.0.1 (2015-07-17) - Tweaks.
- Added more preferential use of InterstellarFuelSwitch over the Firespitter system for all switchers.
- Interstellar is now preferred over Firespitter, but either will work.

Great update, but I wonder if anyone tried to add hydrogen configs for those of us playing with cryoengines or NFP+hydrogen NTRs? Last time I did it (before 1.0) I didn't come up with anything that would give tanks better/comparable to what came out from the stock tanks and the MM config coming with cryogenic engines. EDIT: and I'm not sure how to go about adding more stuff to IF switcher without outright replacing the config.

It uses the FS fuel switch if Interstellar isn't installed. If Interstellar is present, it'll use that instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually what I didn't notice is that Interstellar Fuel Switch also switches the meshes and textures, not just fuels. I may look into having it use that for everything if it can.

- - - Updated - - -

And, updated. I'll get the CKAN dependencies switched as well.

1.0.1 (2015-07-17) - Tweaks.
- Added more preferential use of InterstellarFuelSwitch over the Firespitter system for all switchers.
- Interstellar is now preferred over Firespitter, but either will work.

That sounds great.

And, I just noticed that the probe tanks weren't switching colors with Interstellar, so I fixed that.

1.0.2 (2015-07-17) - Tweaks.
- Fix for small probe tanks to use InterstellarFuelSwitch properly for appearance changes.

did I got it correctly from changelog? Station that I have built but has a fuel tank from previous version of this mod will still work? Cause I have some Kerbals there on long mission and I would have to save them first if it won't work.

did I got it correctly from changelog? Station that I have built but has a fuel tank from previous version of this mod will still work?

Correct - the station should load with no errors. However, it uses a part that will likely not be in the next release of FT+ so it's best to save them sooner rather than later.

did I got it correctly from changelog? Station that I have built but has a fuel tank from previous version of this mod will still work? Cause I have some Kerbals there on long mission and I would have to save them first if it won't work.

I'd make a backup of the save first, just to be safe. But theoretically it should still work. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Correct - the station should load with no errors. However, it uses a part that will likely not be in the next release of FT+ so it's best to save them sooner rather than later.

Yep. I might keep the old ones around for a couple of versions, or not. It'll depend on how much time goes by, etc. Safest option is to replace those parts sooner rather than later, but I'll try not to pull the seat out from under people too soon. ;)

Well it is only one station at Duna so they will be safe, I just have to time warp to correct window. I could theoretically just undock them from the station in their return vehicle, but as luck would have it that vehicle also uses one of FT+ tanks :D

Thanks to both of you for quick answers

Well it is only one station at Duna so they will be safe, I just have to time warp to correct window. I could theoretically just undock them from the station in their return vehicle, but as luck would have it that vehicle also uses one of FT+ tanks :D

Thanks to both of you for quick answers

LOL, no worries. It's not like it'll happen tomorrow. :)

So the parts on current ships will still work, and saved ships, but they don't show up in the menu anymore, correct? If I use parts from the menu now, I should be fine?

Yep, that's right. Though to be sure, when upgrading to the current version of the mod, be sure to delete the old copy first (CKAN does this automatically). If you "merge" the folders, you *might* end up with old parts that show in the menus. A fresh install will have only the new parts there.

Yep, that's right. Though to be sure, when upgrading to the current version of the mod, be sure to delete the old copy first (CKAN does this automatically). If you "merge" the folders, you *might* end up with old parts that show in the menus. A fresh install will have only the new parts there.

Everything is good, however, when you filter by manufacturer you can still see them.

This is a great change though, really glad you did this.

Edited by MarcAlain

Heya, noticed in the newest version that InterstellarFuelSwitch is a dependency. If it is not installed you get some broken or weired parts, where alle the different models are shown at the same time.

You should update the OP to tell it is a dependency or include it in the package. otherwise really nice thing, added it already to my musthave list :)

Everything is good, however, when you filter by manufacturer you can still see them.

This is a great change though, really glad you did this.

Eeep, that's not good. I'll see if there's something I can do about that.

EDIT: I don't see it happening on my side. But I'll remove the manufacturer name from the deprecated parts such that they at least can never be in the same place.

Heya, noticed in the newest version that InterstellarFuelSwitch is a dependency. If it is not installed you get some broken or weired parts, where alle the different models are shown at the same time.

You should update the OP to tell it is a dependency or include it in the package. otherwise really nice thing, added it already to my musthave list :)

Yep, I'll add it to the OP, and maybe the package. It's in the README and of course CKAN will handle it now, but I know a lot of people do it manually without looking too. :)

EDIT: Well, CKAN will handle it when they ever get around to indexing the new versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Posted:

1.0.3 (2015-07-18) - Tweaks.
- Will now start including ModuleManager and the InterstellerFuelSwitch folders in the zip archive.
- Addressed an issue with the old deprecated parts showing up in the manufacturer's tab.
- Added warnings to deprecated parts' descriptions, just in case they show up in a menu somewhere.

Edited by NecroBones

Hmm you have made "Interstellar Fuel Switch core" a required dependency.

But I am using "FSfuelSwitch" instead, And they conflict in CKAN so I cant update to FT+ 1,0.3.

Can we drop the dependency on "Interstellar Fuel Switch core" so people can use which ever Fuels switch they like?

(Unless you know of some reason why I should NOT be using "FSfuelSwitch")

Thanks,

Hmmm, yeah, that's a bit of a pickle. :)

There are a couple of ways around that. One is to install FTP manually. Another is to switch to Interstellar instead of FS, since they have pretty much the same functionality, but Interstellar has some advantages, which they describe on their forum thread, such as better integration with Tweakscale, and better persistence in saves, more GUI options, etc. I switched the preference because of those advantages.

I think it's also possible to edit the CKAN cached data to remove the requirements from your local copy.

It's a tough call in terms of the dependencies, since FTP will support either one, but in CKAN they wanted to list just one of the two as required. If I took the requirement off, then there would be a lot of other CKAN users who would be highly confused that about FTP not working right when they installed it.

Hmmm, yeah, that's a bit of a pickle. :)

There are a couple of ways around that. One is to install FTP manually. Another is to switch to Interstellar instead of FS, since they have pretty much the same functionality, but Interstellar has some advantages, which they describe on their forum thread, such as better integration with Tweakscale, and better persistence in saves, more GUI options, etc. I switched the preference because of those advantages.

I think it's also possible to edit the CKAN cached data to remove the requirements from your local copy.

It's a tough call in terms of the dependencies, since FTP will support either one, but in CKAN they wanted to list just one of the two as required. If I took the requirement off, then there would be a lot of other CKAN users who would be highly confused that about FTP not working right when they installed it.

I thought about this some more, and actually I think it's a bit of a mistake for CKAN to make them mutually exclusive. I can understand with the full mods, but not the "core" versions that are used as dependencies. I'm going to open a discussion about that in CKAN and see if that's something we can fix.

- - - Updated - - -

And... I just checked, and there's no actual conflict. The "Core" versions of the mods are all that are needed as dependencies usually, and FTP only requires the Interstellar "Core" to function. CKAN doesn't show any conflicts with these currently, and in fact I have both installed in my "play" copy of KSP, both via CKAN.

Ok I checked again and my CKAN says they conflict...

The mod I have installed in CKAN is called "FuelSwitch to every tank-default" by micha030201

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/123581

CKAN says: The following inconsistencies were found: FuelSwitch to every tank-default 0.3 conflicts with InterstellarFuelSwitch-core 1.15, cant install both.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.