[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

I think there is a error with the basepartmass for the TPtankTri in FuelTanksPlus_FuelSwitch.cfg . 0.125t sounds high when the TPtankTri.cfg says mass = 0.035t.

othervise this mod is great, It has become my mod of choose for building lifter-rockets, thanks

I think there is a error with the basepartmass for the TPtankTri in FuelTanksPlus_FuelSwitch.cfg . 0.125t sounds high when the TPtankTri.cfg says mass = 0.035t.

othervise this mod is great, It has become my mod of choose for building lifter-rockets, thanks

Cool, yeah, that was the base mass for the Xenon version. It's supposed to switch it with the fuel type, which it wasn't doing. I have it corrected for the next update.

Update posted:

1.1 (2015-08-27) - Fixes, New things.
- Added a blue "Delta" variant at the 1.25m size, historically inspired by Delta, Delta II, etc.
- Renamed 2.5m colors, to be more historically minded with regards to Delta IV and Delta IV Heavy.
- The blue color is renamed from "Delta" to "Blue"
- The orange color is renamed from "Jumbo" to "Delta"
- Corrected the base (dry) mass of the triangular probe tank.
- Added 2.5m to 3.75m adapter tank.
- Added 1.25m to 2.5m adapter tank.
- Added 0.625m to 1.25m adapter tank.

Update posted:

1.2 (2015-08-31) - Minor update.
- Corrected a texture alignment problem with the 0.625m tanks when using reduced texture resolution.
- Added new red color option to the 0.625m tanks.
- Added a second, shorter 3.75m to 2.5m adapter tank.
- Added mod support settings for adapter tanks.
- Added TweakScale (adapter) settings.
- Added Modular Fuel Tanks settings.
- Added Fuel Switch settings.

Do you think you could use KSPAPIExtensions or FireSpitter Texture switch to handle the texture switching (and possibly the fuel content switching) in order to reduce the number of parts this mod creates?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

why no tweak scale on those 2 items: 1m25 slanted nose tank and 1M25 nose tank.

I had those in the cfg file:

@PART[TPcone1m2]:NEEDS[TweakScale]

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = stack

defaultScale = 1.25

}

}@PART[TPcone1m1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = stack

defaultScale = 1.25

}

Could you update it please ?

Posted:

- Renamed the 0.625m red variant "Centaur", after the thrust vectoring tanks on the Centaur rocket boosters.

Well I think my way of making stockalike builds without realistic mods is contagious... actually I have tought about the Titan vectoring tanks (Yeah, Titan, not Centaur. Centaur is the 2nd Stage of Titan Family), but not on that way of changing the texture to 0.625 variants :rolleyes:

Well I think my way of making stockalike builds without realistic mods is contagious... actually I have tought about the Titan vectoring tanks (Yeah, Titan, not Centaur. Centaur is the 2nd Stage of Titan Family), but not on that way of changing the texture to 0.625 variants :rolleyes:

Well crap, you're right, I mixed that up. OK, next version will have it renamed Titan. :)

I have a strange bug to report.

There's the situation:

I. Tweakscale is used to scale down the 2.5m x200 48 and 96 tanks to 1.25m

II. The X200 48 weighs more even without fuel in it than the 96 does. The 48 weighs 3.2 tons, basically it's 2.5 meter mass instead of being half that of the 96, which weighs 1 ton tweaked down.

EDIT: Been playing with it some, and the tweakscale masses get so bizzare. Sometimes I tweak it down, and it says it weighs anywhere from .5 to .7 tons empty, then sometimes it is suddenly 3.2 tons.

EDIT 2: Apparently I was using an out of date version of this mod. Seems fixed with the newest version.

Edited by MarcAlain

Noticed a cosmetic bug: The FL-A100-FTP adapter tank has its attachment nodes backwards - there's what looks like a 1.25m (small) attachment node on the 2.5m end, and a large 2.5m attachment node on the 1.25m end..

I don't think this actually matters in practice but it looks funny in the VAB...

EDIT 2: Apparently I was using an out of date version of this mod. Seems fixed with the newest version.

Awesome. I was going to say that it was probably either a bug with TweakScale, or something wasn't installed correctly. Glad a version update fixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Noticed a cosmetic bug: The FL-A100-FTP adapter tank has its attachment nodes backwards - there's what looks like a 1.25m (small) attachment node on the 2.5m end, and a large 2.5m attachment node on the 1.25m end..

I don't think this actually matters in practice but it looks funny in the VAB...

It looks like it was backward on all of the new adapter cones. Doh! I'll get a fix out soon.

I dont know if it was asked before but: Will there be a "lite" pack? I really love to have those tanks but since I use all you packs my parts list is quite big now. I really love it simple and slim. Maybe when youre done with adding content you could make a "lite-compilation" wich includes the best of all your packs combined? That would be awsome.

I've done that myself but Its quite tedious updating it manually.:sealed:

No plans for a "Lite" version currently. As you said, it's a severe pain to keep multiple versions of the same things updated.

However! The good news is that FTP is much lighter on the menus than it used to be, by consolidating the various paint schemes into single parts. And also, if you want to ditch entire categories (for instance, the polygonal probe tanks, or radial tanks, etc), you can just delete those folders. Or, it would be possible to make a custom MM config that disables some of the parts, by assigning them a category of "-1".

That module manager thing sounds good to me. I might use that if I need to. Just reinstalled the game yesterday and didnt notice that the tanks are now "modular" that is just awsome and perfect. I dont want to spam all of your threads so Ill leave those ones here:

The new LaunchStabilityEnhancer from SpacY Enhanced have a toggle flag option but nothing happens if i click it. Works fine for the tanks but not the LSE.

And:

Just tested the parts from LET they are awsome. I cant wait to see the IVAs and additional parts.

And:

I just wanted to repeat my wish for a really overpowered "Sepratron"-like thing

CClUgrR.jpg
(jeb seems to want it too)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.